[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
xiatr4in wrote:
i finally got my reflection, still dying so much, any advice what i could change? :D

Your gear looks fine so I don't know what the issue is unless it's where you're standing or how you're playing the character. (not meant to sound mean lol)
Last edited by Gulch on Apr 14, 2020, 7:43:31 AM
I finally bought Reflection and now have 2ex left over. I would like to upgrade my weapon but can't find anything worthwhile after literally searching for days.Could anyone help me?
Can someone tell me if it is better to get items with armor/energy shield or focus on energy shield only. What is better benefit for defense.
"
tKazatel wrote:
Can someone tell me if it is better to get items with armor/energy shield or focus on energy shield only. What is better benefit for defense.

We don't utilize armor in this build just mana,life and energy shield.
But if the mod you're talking about has a good ES value it could be worth considering. Just know that the armor would be a useless stat for us.
"
DeretFasy wrote:
I finally bought Reflection and now have 2ex left over. I would like to upgrade my weapon but can't find anything worthwhile after literally searching for days.Could anyone help me?

Your boots...Get the enchant on some boots.
You have Frost Blades linked to Empower? Why?
Then Portal and Phase Run.
Your wand has Frost Bomb and Vaal RF.
And your shield has no gems in it.

Fix those 5 things before looking for a new weapon, your weapon is decent.
FYI I accidentally left my weapon in my crafting bench and ran Sirus AL8 and got him to the last phase with 1/4 health without my weapon lol.

Been having a great time with this build, slowly getting upgrades as I go. I think its unlikely Ill get a Reflection, I just don't play that often, unless I get a lucky drop I can sell.

Any recommendations to making the build tankier on the cheap (obviously at the expense of DPS)? Is it just take more life and mana nodes, or is there a good unique I'm not thinking of that can really increase defense?
"
NotesBoats wrote:
Been having a great time with this build, slowly getting upgrades as I go. I think its unlikely Ill get a Reflection, I just don't play that often, unless I get a lucky drop I can sell.

Any recommendations to making the build tankier on the cheap (obviously at the expense of DPS)? Is it just take more life and mana nodes, or is there a good unique I'm not thinking of that can really increase defense?

Your profile is private so we can't see your current gear.
I would guess that getting a really good defensive shield is a viable option.
Yes more life and mana nodes will help.
Note that the Reflection isn't needed to do AL8 Sirus or even Uber Elder,but it doesn't hurt.
Myself I could have an ultra tanky build and I'd still die a lot because I do stupid shit lol but at least I'm still having fun.
"
Gulch wrote:
"
NotesBoats wrote:

Your profile is private so we can't see your current gear.
I would guess that getting a really good defensive shield is a viable option.
Yes more life and mana nodes will help.
Note that the Reflection isn't needed to do AL8 Sirus or even Uber Elder,but it doesn't hurt.
Myself I could have an ultra tanky build and I'd still die a lot because I do stupid shit lol but at least I'm still having fun.

Sorry its not private anymore, Ok, I've been looking at shields, ill do a deeper dive on one and see if that helps, I do have a couple EX to play with right now, trying to decide what needs the most obvious upgrade. Im kind of at the point where I have to go all in on something in the mid tier level with what I have, so cluster jewels or a better shield or something.
Last edited by NotesBoats on Apr 14, 2020, 2:35:42 PM
"
NotesBoats wrote:

Sorry its not private anymore, Ok, I've been looking at shields, ill do a deeper dive on one and see if that helps, I do have a couple EX to play with right now, trying to decide what needs the most obvious upgrade. Im kind of at the point where I have to go all in on something in the mid tier level with what I have, so cluster jewels or a better shield or something.

At first glance,you could easily upgrade your offhand weapon for pretty cheap. 2 affixes are wasted by the increased lightning damage and added lightning damage.
And your flasks need work, they aren't 20% quality and one of the life flasks only has 1 mod.
Also you have no bleeding flask.
Here are my flasks as an example (just my personal preference). I have a mana flask just for those "oh-shit" moments when I'm taking damage and my mana is gone. Otherwise I'd probably have a Diamond flask or something.

Last edited by Gulch on Apr 14, 2020, 2:54:56 PM
Is there any suggestions about improving my survivability with my gear or flasks maybe? I don't have dps problems but dying from one-shots too frequently.

Thank you in advance

Spoiler

Last edited by DrRabbit on Apr 15, 2020, 3:26:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info