[3.10] Complete Cobra Lash Assassin Guide | >10m Shaper DPS | All content | Noob Friendly | Video

Hi, this is my first time playing this build and I am having a pretty good time with it so far. Currently around T9-T10 maps, not sure if my random set of gear can help me enough to clear red maps.

I was wondering if there are any notable cluster jewel nodes that will benefit this build or is it redundant?
"
Veldarion wrote:
Hi, this is my first time playing this build and I am having a pretty good time with it so far. Currently around T9-T10 maps, not sure if my random set of gear can help me enough to clear red maps.

I was wondering if there are any notable cluster jewel nodes that will benefit this build or is it redundant?

If you browse the last couple pages of comments you can see some recommendations from other players for cluster jewels. There are some good choices, but nothing seems to outmatch the passive tree by a lot.
I can't recommend a specific combination of cluster jewel mods, because I haven't tested it and because I want to leave that to the players themselves, to customize their builds. I've given the basic concept of the build on the passive tree and my gear recommendation and it's up to everyone else to modify their build to their needs and likings. :)

Edit:

I just saw this in a Discord I'm in though, that seems pretty good. But it also costs a lot of passives, so only PoB will be able to tell how good it really is. :)
Last edited by MoosGames on Apr 2, 2020, 12:39:37 PM
My personal recommendation is running Unholy Grace & Overwhelming Malice. Wicked Pall is 3rd place for dps. If you can get the large cluster with 2 jewel sockets (8 passive , you can slot a medium (this time with the crit notables like hemmorhage and precise commander, 4 passive ) and a small (natural vigor, 3 passive) + another small into the 2nd slot on the large (another natural vigor).

Remember to pick for value, so your small passives like the ones on the small health nodes should have added effects, like extra life, res, Eva, damage, attributes. This is so pathing to them is worth taking over the trees since we've invested into clusters.

To really save on skill points and shave off a substantial amount of dps, you can choose to run a large cluster still with 8 passives, 3 notables, and 2 jewel sockets but make sure the 3rd notable isn't significant as the other 2 and don't path to it. You save 2 skill points doing so.

Quick edit: PoB tells me this large cluster beats out the claw cluster by a large amount. We don't care about leech since we L/M GOH via claws, aspd from unholy grace.
- we can eventually get back the +1 proj with awakened GMP (although still single target set up will be 1 proj)
- unholy might buff procs permanently with our high aspd + high crit (I have 72 and will be higher once I finish my other claw)
- wicked pall extends skill dur on top of extra chaos dmg

If you're investing skill points into clusters, it should offer the highest dps since we take out dps nodes from the tree.
Last edited by TheAtrocity on Apr 2, 2020, 1:39:59 PM
This might be a stupid question, but how do I get the hunter or delve influences? And in which order do I use the influences and resonators?
Whats the difference between pathfinder cobra lash and assasin cobra lash? I understand that assassin do better damage, whats the trade off?
"
DrSnooker wrote:
This might be a stupid question, but how do I get the hunter or delve influences? And in which order do I use the influences and resonators?

Well, items can drop with influences on them if the map has the influences. Like here, the maps on the blue squares (so 5th and 9th map) will have redeemer influence and all item drops have a chance (small) to be of redeemer influece.

You can also use (the expensive) Conqueror orbs to apply a conqueror influence to an item. That's usually only beneficial if your item is already crafted and you are trying to slam a certain mod on the item (like +1 all cold gems on amulet) or for example on a helmet with the enchant that you were looking for.
Shaper and Elder influence items can drop in elder/shaper guardian maps and when you used an elder/shaper scarab and on the respective boss fights.

In general it will be cheaper for most items to buy the base WITH the influence already on it. I already named some exclusions above, another one would be Temple mod items. On those items if you want a specific conqueror mod (like Culling Strike on Gloves), you'd then slam the item with the conq exalt. Always make sure the item fulfills the requirement (ilvl, open suffix/prefix) before you slam.
If you aren't slamming but crafting on the already influenced base, you can check all available mods and chances on poedb.tw or https://www.craftofexile.com/

When I have the time I will make a new crafting video guide, since my old guide is outdated because of the recent changes to delve mods.

"
schalander wrote:
Whats the difference between pathfinder cobra lash and assasin cobra lash? I understand that assassin do better damage, whats the trade off?

Do you mean the difference between my guide and Esoros guide in specific?

"
MoosGames wrote:

Thank you for the answer!

I am kind of going to do kind of the same thing you are but with daggers instead because there is a specific dagger I really want in this build (arakaalis fang). The spiders are AWESOME and they add a HUGE chunk of dps, especially for clearing speed, but also for bosses. Its also going to make me have to give up one flask slot for The Writhing Jar.

The dagger nodes are a tiny bit closer for shadow compared to pf. This, combined with giving up a flask spot (since a lot of the PF powers comes from flasks) makes me wonder if its better to go assassin?

Thanks!!!
Last edited by schalander on Apr 3, 2020, 12:46:32 PM
Another question wouldn't it be better to switch helmet gems setup with boots because you can craft + 1 level of socketed aoe gems for plague bearer and haste (and increased aoe would benefit too i just realised) or is ther any reason you r not doing that ?

Btw amulets chaos damage can no longer be delve crafted as far as i know only essence crafted (envy essence)

I already asked it but i think noone saw it at least noone answered so im bumping it in hope you can see it and maybe switch it up in the guide.

Otherwise very good guide :D
"
schalander wrote:
"
MoosGames wrote:

Thank you for the answer!

I am kind of going to do kind of the same thing you are but with daggers instead because there is a specific dagger I really want in this build (arakaalis fang). The spiders are AWESOME and they add a HUGE chunk of dps, especially for clearing speed, but also for bosses. Its also going to make me have to give up one flask slot for The Writhing Jar.

The dagger nodes are a tiny bit closer for shadow compared to pf. This, combined with giving up a flask spot (since a lot of the PF powers comes from flasks) makes me wonder if its better to go assassin?

Thanks!!!

Well, I can't really tell you do chose this or that class when you will also be changing a lot of other things in the build. I'd just make a plan in PoB and see which character class is more beneficial for your build. I'm pretty sure both classes can be done, but I just never made a plan for Ranger class.

"
Another question wouldn't it be better to switch helmet gems setup with boots because you can craft + 1 level of socketed aoe gems for plague bearer and haste (and increased aoe would benefit too i just realised) or is ther any reason you r not doing that ?

Btw amulets chaos damage can no longer be delve crafted as far as i know only essence crafted (envy essence)

I already asked it but i think noone saw it at least noone answered so im bumping it in hope you can see it and maybe switch it up in the guide.

Otherwise very good guide :D

Yeah, you can totally swap the gems around to your liking. Just make sure that you don't put anything in gloves which increases the mana cost of Aspect of the Spider.
Edit: Thanks for pointing out the inc chaos on Amulet mod, I updated the guide. :)
Last edited by MoosGames on Apr 3, 2020, 1:15:22 PM
Hey there, running this build for this league and I'm observing something strange : while this guide describe withering step as a way to refresh elusive buff, I noticed that Elusive buff is actually dismissed at the same time than other buffs granted by WS when casting any other skills.

Is this a bug, a big nerf to elusive users, or am I mistaken ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info