[3.10] Complete Cobra Lash Assassin Guide | >10m Shaper DPS | All content | Noob Friendly | Video

"
busting123 wrote:

Isee... I always upgrade my prec aura.. hehe thats why my char is mana hungry too. so. should be always lvl1 right? mine is lvl 9 with 120 mana res

Reserved mana from: Aspect of Spider (gloves, unique fenumus weave), Herald of Agony, Malevolence, Precision (optional).

Keep precision at the highest level that you are comfortable with in terms of unreserved mana. Mine is leveled to 2 or 3 because I like the accuracy and crit it gives since I sacrificed it for other stuff. The point is, Precision is not a required aura because of the nerf at low levels. If you are able to run it great, why not, but at the end of the day it's on you to figure out if you have enough mana or need more or even less.

Closing: I have just enough mana to cast my either totems twice and still have enough mana to whirling/attack. Others with a similar set up to the author may choose to reserve a tiny bit less since their CL won't cost any mana. Make sure you are doing what you need to play the game smoothly.
"
TheAtrocity wrote:
"
busting123 wrote:

Isee... I always upgrade my prec aura.. hehe thats why my char is mana hungry too. so. should be always lvl1 right? mine is lvl 9 with 120 mana res

Reserved mana from: Aspect of Spider (gloves, unique fenumus weave), Herald of Agony, Malevolence, Precision (optional).

Keep precision at the highest level that you are comfortable with in terms of unreserved mana. Mine is leveled to 2 or 3 because I like the accuracy and crit it gives since I sacrificed it for other stuff. The point is, Precision is not a required aura because of the nerf at low levels. If you are able to run it great, why not, but at the end of the day it's on you to figure out if you have enough mana or need more or even less.

Closing: I have just enough mana to cast my either totems twice and still have enough mana to whirling/attack. Others with a similar set up to the author may choose to reserve a tiny bit less since their CL won't cost any mana. Make sure you are doing what you need to play the game smoothly.

^Yep, pretty much exactly this.^

Sometimes I wish more people would read the guide and the FAQ where I explained all these things. :)
Great guide started poe just under a week ago and started mapping today. DPS is great but struggling with survivability on the harder tier 4 maps and beyond. Of the late game gear is there an order of priority you would give to each item?
Crafting is stupid in this game. Spent 700 alts and did not even hit 1 line of a warlord's "Socketed" modline.

Its not even worth crafting your own gear using exalted and awakened orbs. Good luck getting life + crit + socketed in 1 armor piece.
"
Gwats0 wrote:
Great guide started poe just under a week ago and started mapping today. DPS is great but struggling with survivability on the harder tier 4 maps and beyond. Of the late game gear is there an order of priority you would give to each item?

Personally, I would hit life and accuracy nodes first and roll with gear with high life.

Wasp Nest is super good already. Id get gloves first, ring/amu 2nd, and upgrade body later. You can get a 6L body with - mana with life until end game. Claws you just get when you have spare currency
"
TheAtrocity wrote:
"
Gwats0 wrote:

Personally, I would hit life and accuracy nodes first and roll with gear with high life.

Wasp Nest is super good already. Id get gloves first, ring/amu 2nd, and upgrade body later. You can get a 6L body with - mana with life until end game. Claws you just get when you have spare currency

Yeah, I second that, but it's totally up to your current gear and wallet what you can work on next. Wasp Nests are a must have until you have crafted claws though. I recommend to check what kind of items your are looking for, create a search for those on the trade website (and bookmark it, so that you don't have to do this all over again) and activate live search for it (possibly with setting a maximum amount of currency you want to spend for it).

"
TheAtrocity wrote:
Crafting is stupid in this game. Spent 700 alts and did not even hit 1 line of a warlord's "Socketed" modline.

Its not even worth crafting your own gear using exalted and awakened orbs. Good luck getting life + crit + socketed in 1 armor piece.

It can feel stupid at times when you are unlucky, yeah.
But generally it isn't stupid...you just have to make sure you are doing it right and see the average crafting cost. Sometimes you get lucky aswell, which feels good.
If you need any help, let me know what exactly you are looking for.
Here is an example of crafting the -15 to mana cost mod on chests on the Craft of Exile Website.
I wouldn't recommend using Alteration spam for that, seems to be 4x more expensive then using fossils (~640c for Alts and 175c for Fossils). Make sure to have at least ilvl 85 chest piece for the -to mana mod and if you cared about hitting T1 life use ilvl 86+ (I would go with ilvl 85 though if ilvl 86 is significantly more expensive).
"
TheAtrocity wrote:

Why are we mad that the game aint easy? I crafted all my gear myself and my chest. 11 tries to get a half decent one.

The crafting part of poe is one of the best Ive ever had in a pc game.

Check out this mod if you can. Nice dps boost.
"
MoosGames wrote:

But generally it isn't stupid...you just have to make sure you are doing it right and see the average crafting cost. Sometimes you get lucky aswell, which feels good.
Here is an example of crafting the -15 to mana cost mod on chests on the Craft of Exile Website.
I wouldn't recommend using Alteration spam for that, seems to be 4x more expensive then using fossils (~640c for Alts and 175c for Fossils). Make sure to have at least ilvl 85 chest piece for the -to mana mod and if you cared about hitting T1 life use ilvl 86+ (I would go with ilvl 85 though if ilvl 86 is significantly more expensive).

I wanted a chest with crit chance to attacks because that's a large increase in crit. The cheaper surefire way I thought to craft those 2 mods (double influence) works be to use awakener orb once you got the T1 line and get a single Bis base with double influence + 2 guaranteed T1 mods. From there mastermod suffix and exalt slam for the prefixes. Right now I have the T1 mods and waiting to exalt slam prefixes. Guess I just got really unlucky with that piece.

Edit: Finally hit it.
Last edited by TheAtrocity on Apr 1, 2020, 12:28:17 AM
"
Nekondas wrote:

Check out this mod if you can. Nice dps boost.

Yeah, it's a nice mod for longer Boss fights. On regular minions it doesn't do much, because increased poison duration doesn't really there.

"
TheAtrocity wrote:
"
MoosGames wrote:

I wanted a chest with crit chance to attacks because that's a large increase in crit. The cheaper surefire way I thought to craft those 2 mods (double influence) works be to use awakener orb once you got the T1 line and get a single Bis base with double influence + 2 guaranteed T1 mods. From there mastermod suffix and exalt slam for the prefixes. Right now I have the T1 mods and waiting to exalt slam prefixes. Guess I just got really unlucky with that piece.

Edit: Finally hit it.

Dang yo! That's a really nice chest! Congratz! :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info