[3.10] Complete Cobra Lash Assassin Guide | >10m Shaper DPS | All content | Noob Friendly | Video

How is mana usage working for you guys?

With Malevolence, Aspect of the Spider and Herald of Agony I only have like 66 mana left.

If you then dont use Blood Magic for Whirling Blades then you keep running out of mana ...

Is it expected we're near to 90% mana reservation with this build?
Am also struggling with life ... am getting some decent +life gear but I still only have 3100 life.

Granted Im only level 73 but I dont see that many life nodes on the passive tree ?
"
SeiFeR77 wrote:

With Malevolence, Aspect of the Spider and Herald of Agony I only have like 66 mana left.

If you then dont use Blood Magic for Whirling Blades then you keep running out of mana ...

Am also struggling with life ... am getting some decent +life gear but I still only have 3100 life.

Granted Im only level 73 but I dont see that many life nodes on the passive tree ?

You generally want to get both rings at - 7 - 8 mana cost (non-channeling skills) craft from unveil. You also need to aim to get warlords chest for -15. A 6L lv20 CL will not consume much mana if you have the chest and at least 1 ring.

Your natural regen should easily sustain whirling. If you want, you can try getting a jewel with -5% mana cost. That's helpful too. I actually keep a lv1 precision and run with 30 mana.

As for life you definitely need to get those life nodes from the tree. Golem's, 3x jewels with 6-7% life, all the 5% life nodes nearby, life nodes from slayer, and the life/Eva under shadow. Prioritize life rolls on ring, amulet, belt, and helmet.

Feel free to look at my tree but I've invested significantly and have diverged from it a bit. Lv91 with 5.44k life and should reach 5.7k with some gear optimization by 95. 12mil GMP, 17mil single. Definitely still a lot of room to play around with and at the end of the day, remember you can always drop dmg for life since we do a lot already. We can compensate the dmg loss with clusters too! They offer strong life with extra damage, stats, or res along with the small life passives which is a no Brainer to go for instead of just life.
Thanks man.

I'll have a look at your build through PoB.
And see how I can boost life and consume less mana.

Also, casting totems is about a 26 mana cost ... Am assuming with all of the -mana cost investments on gear this should also be reduced significantly?
Also,

Last league I ran a Venom Gyre build which used Despair/Blasphemy and Impresence amulet plus Whisper of Doom anointed.

That allowed me to run Malevolence and Fenumus Weave plus Spider Web aura comfortably.

How does the Wither/Spell Totem/Multiple Totem support with the Impresence/Whispers of Doom/Malevolence/Despair+Blasphemy combo in terms of damage & ease of ease?

The latter doesn't require any manual casting/targeting.
"
SeiFeR77 wrote:
Thanks man.

I'll have a look at your build through PoB.
And see how I can boost life and consume less mana.

Also, casting totems is about a 26 mana cost ... Am assuming with all of the -mana cost investments on gear this should also be reduced significantly?

I use an amulet with -non-channeling mana cost and then fertile catalyst to 12% to hit - 10 (max range is 8-9 from craft).

Yes, I can't spam totems. However natural regen is fast enough that you can still place another totem in half a second. I didn't drop precision because the added accuracy is nice for when you transition into crafted claws.

Keep in mind I have a lv22 CL that ups base mana cost to 8(lv21 does that actually) . You should be able to cast it for 0-1 mana if you follow my jewelery set up but it can be more costly. Before I have a 20/20 CL with this set up and noticed I used 0 mana to cast it. Probably because it costs 26 total but - 15(body), - 10(amulet), - 5%(jewel, I did not actively search for the mod, it just happened to have Dot, life, and crit).

"
SeiFeR77 wrote:
Also,

Last league I ran a Venom Gyre build which used Despair/Blasphemy and Impresence amulet plus Whisper of Doom anointed.

That allowed me to run Malevolence and Fenumus Weave plus Spider Web aura comfortably.

How does the Wither/Spell Totem/Multiple Totem support with the Impresence/Whispers of Doom/Malevolence/Despair+Blasphemy combo in terms of damage & ease of ease?

The latter doesn't require any manual casting/targeting.

Like the author said, we don't need more dps. Yes it's nice to squeeze out a bit more but generally we want more life now with this league. More curses will definitely bring out a few mil more dps but there's too much sacrificed. It's also slightly riskier since you'd have to be close to apply those curses as auras. I run a despair on hit ring level 8. It's the lazy way but it let's me turn my brain off. Plague bearer doesn't help too much post T15 anyways.

I like to keep the amulet as a rare to fill in missing attributes like int & str. It can be extremely difficult to fill in int esp since Stygian gives str. Extra life is a huge plus, as well as the res it gives to ease the pressure. I anointed Constitution because that life amount is literally BiS over anything.
Last edited by TheAtrocity on Mar 29, 2020, 12:16:20 PM
I'm sitting at 17 mil dps now single target.
I'm kinda done with this build for my liking now, I might perfect it a bit more just to be able to not die. But in terms of all round goodie goodie, Im happy with my character now.
Last edited by zynphoN on Mar 29, 2020, 6:17:49 PM
"
zynphoN wrote:
I'm kinda done with this build for my liking now, I might perfect it a bit more just to be able to not die. But in terms of all round goodie goodie, Im happy with my character now.

Flasks, despair, Awakened gems, cluster jewels. You can check my PoB if you wish. https://pastebin.com/wMfR0CwN

Read the disclaimer in notes if you're not sure.
"
TheAtrocity wrote:
"
zynphoN wrote:

Flasks, despair, Awakened gems, cluster jewels. You can check my PoB if you wish. https://pastebin.com/wMfR0CwN

Read the disclaimer in notes if you're not sure.

can you look at my char? when im open my char on pob, it's only has 3mil damage. what did i do wrong? is my item that bad??
"
TheAtrocity wrote:
"
SeiFeR77 wrote:

You generally want to get both rings at - 7 - 8 mana cost (non-channeling skills) craft from unveil. You also need to aim to get warlords chest for -15. A 6L lv20 CL will not consume much mana if you have the chest and at least 1 ring.

Your natural regen should easily sustain whirling. If you want, you can try getting a jewel with -5% mana cost. That's helpful too. I actually keep a lv1 precision and run with 30 mana.

As for life you definitely need to get those life nodes from the tree. Golem's, 3x jewels with 6-7% life, all the 5% life nodes nearby, life nodes from slayer, and the life/Eva under shadow. Prioritize life rolls on ring, amulet, belt, and helmet.

Feel free to look at my tree but I've invested significantly and have diverged from it a bit. Lv91 with 5.44k life and should reach 5.7k with some gear optimization by 95. 12mil GMP, 17mil single. Definitely still a lot of room to play around with and at the end of the day, remember you can always drop dmg for life since we do a lot already. We can compensate the dmg loss with clusters too! They offer strong life with extra damage, stats, or res along with the small life passives which is a no Brainer to go for instead of just life.

Isee... I always upgrade my prec aura.. hehe thats why my char is mana hungry too. so. should be always lvl1 right? mine is lvl 9 with 120 mana res
I'm happy to see that some questions are being answered by other community members. :)

Unlike last league, I made a video of my Cobra Lash build taking on the current league content:

Video: Cobra Lash vs 100% Delirium T16 Map

Good luck & have fun. <3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info