[3.10] Complete Cobra Lash Assassin Guide | >10m Shaper DPS | All content | Noob Friendly | Video

Do we now need a double influenced elder-hunter imperial claw to hit the desirable mods? Or am I missing how the new crafting works?
Hi!
Now vile toxic support not work with Cobra Lash?
"
Potatontas wrote:
Do we now need a double influenced elder-hunter imperial claw to hit the desirable mods? Or am I missing how the new crafting works?

Yea, seems like it
"
Potatontas wrote:

Nah, it doesn't need to be dual influence. It could be, but it's not needed. The Delve Poison mod has now become an Elder Mod. Flat chaos damage is still basic prefix. So any ilvl 83+ Elder Claw will do. Obvioulsy you want one of the T1 bases.

"
airgolem wrote:
Hi!
Now vile toxic support not work with Cobra Lash?

As far as I knoew Vile Toxins has been unchanged and still works.
Wouldn't it be better to swap dirty techniques out

Spoiler

CURRENT SETUP:

points spent: 5

effect of Dirty Techniques + nodes to reach it:
20 dex
25% increased damage with poison
20% chance to poison on hit
20% increased Poison Duration
Poisons you inflict deal Damage 5% faster
+10% to Damage over Time Multiplier

in favor or poisonous fangs ?

Spoiler

points spent: 4

effect of Poisonous Fangs + nodes to reach it:
20% increased damage with claws
4% attack speed with claws
Claw attacks deal 40% increased damage with Ailments
Claw Attacks deal 20% increased Damage with Hits and Ailments
10% increased Poison Duration
30% chance to Poison on Hit with Attacks
+5% to Damage over Time Multiplier for Poison

Last edited by UnMuffino on Mar 16, 2020, 12:08:35 PM
"
UnMuffino wrote:

Spoiler

CURRENT SETUP:

20 dex

Spoiler

PoB will know.
"
MoosGames wrote:
"
UnMuffino wrote:

Spoiler

CURRENT SETUP:

20 dex

Spoiler

PoB will know.

PoB currently has Poisonous Fangs having slightly higher DPS, about 100k. That said, the question is more about losing 5% faster poison Dot for those nodes. I can definitely say the 10% poison on hit is redundant (useless) since we cap already. The 5% faster poison dot is sure nice though.

Also, I've been thinking about the cluster jewels a lot. By adding Haemorrhage, we gain back the 40% crit we lost dropping precision post nerf. Someone also noted that Low Tolerance might be really good and I tried it out - it really hits hard. It improves the clearspeed considerably.

For the large cluster node, I'm not sure if the dual claw dagger notables offer anything more than the chaos notables. Martial prowess gives us 20% attack damage (doesn't work for poison), 6% attack speed, and 20% Inc ailements. Fan of blades adds another projectile which is kinda nice. Disease vector mostly adds the dot multiplier. The chaos notables add damage, explosions, and skill duration. Unspeakable Gifts, Unwaveringly Evil, Wicked Pall, Unholy Grace look super strong for us.

Finally the small notable cluster jewels I straight up took Natural Vigor for evasion (30%) and life (8% + small passive 4%) since it's a rippy league. Maybe another option is Flow of Time for more DoT(24%) and 4% life... But I think natural vigor is just better survivability.

Am I thinking correct when I forfeit the ailment damages in favor of scaling more chaos damage? The PoB fork is bugged and doesn't work correctly for the notables at the moment. I've basically ditched all jewel nodes and any crit nodes to find for the cluster jewels. By 90, I should have at least gotten 2 or 3 crit nodes. Outside of claw nodes and poison nodes on your tree (except the 2 mentioned above in quote), I've gotten everything else especially the life nodes. What are your thoughts?
Is there any good unique armor for endgame?

Also, since you can't get " -x% to nearby enemies chaos resistance" on the helmet with fossils, won't Starkonja do just fine?
Last edited by UnMuffino on Mar 17, 2020, 9:56:56 AM
I've been playing this build since launch now and it has been absolutely shredding all the way through. Im lvl 90 now, and I "only" have 89 deaths.

I've been playing around with cluster jewels in the build, giving up on various things in the tree. And I have now gone back to the original tree. And its sooooo much better.

I invested into 2 cluster nodes in the tree, going with 2x Wasting Affliction and 2x Circling Oblivion and front that into a small cluster jewel with max life % and the Flow of Life node on both jewels to balance out damage and life.

Its just not worth it, I havent yet tried the Fan of Blades node combined with other stuff. But I will try it out and post my likings here.

So far, at least for me, its not really worth it to go with the cluster jewels.
They look awesome and fun, but far inferior to the skill tree in PoB

//zynphoN
The problem with cluster jewels in this build is it isn't a 1 passive opportunity cost, it is 3. The only good node is on the other side of the more projectile damage which is just flat out bad. It's hard to make up 3 lost passives with anything the clusters provide for this build. I think if you were going to you'd have to lean hard into them and go with a double large 8 into two mediums and two smalls and basically drop the bottom of the tree, regaining the life/evasion nodes in the smalls.

I haven't tried that in PoB, but I can't see anything else working in this build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info