[3.10] Complete Cobra Lash Assassin Guide | >10m Shaper DPS | All content | Noob Friendly | Video

"
I've made a video playing with cobra lash + wasp nest against mino with dificulty mods + aw8 and the damage is decent (i dont have any awakened gem in setup and using crap gear)
So, wasp nest is enough to do some t16 maps until we got definitive claw for the build.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAl1S8qm36o

That's a very nice showcase of the build in it's midgame progression between the early leveling and before getting the endgame equipment and setup. Well done! :)
"
MoosGames wrote:

The PoB Fork is a different version of PoB, because the original PoB has many issues and isn't updated/maintained as good as the PoB Fork is (I think you might have gotten confused by Fork = Skill Gem?).
The PoB Fork is made by LocalIdentity and can be found here:
https://github.com/PathOfBuildingCommunity/PathOfBuilding/wiki/Installing-this-Fork
Because the PoB Fork supports the delve poison mod on weapons the added line "Poisons deal 60% more damage" isn't needed in the Fork and therefore removed, hence two different pastebin links for old PoB and PoB-Fork. :)

I don't think the build needs to be changed much for 3.10, even though the new jewel clusters of course offer a lot of potential to try something new. But it's probably best to not include them in the guide (or only as possible alternatives), because we don't know yet how easily obtainable they are.

Ah yes that answers my question. Yeah I thought you were referring to the skill fork hahaha. Didnt realise there was a new version(?) of PoB. I guess this came out during my hiatus. Thanks for the reply :)
Crazy question, how do you feel about dropping Ambidexterity and adding Whispers of Doom and using Temporal chains instead of faster casting for the totems?
"
Zyron99 wrote:
Crazy question, how do you feel about dropping Ambidexterity and adding Whispers of Doom and using Temporal chains instead of faster casting for the totems?

Yeah, you can do that. If you do, make sure to let me know how it feels.
Can someone explain how plague bearer works?

From what I can understand, I should be leaving it on (lower damage but stores damage), then activate it when I need more damage. And when I activate it the stored damage is released in an AOE around me?
"
shaunleo wrote:
Can someone explain how plague bearer works?

From what I can understand, I should be leaving it on (lower damage but stores damage), then activate it when I need more damage. And when I activate it the stored damage is released in an AOE around me?

That's pretty much exactly how it works. It will fill up to max capacity in around 1 second though, so you can basically turn it on (or off&on) every time you use your flasks. It's a pretty fluid motion to spam flasks, withering steps and refresh Plague Bearer.
I did a post yesterday mentioning how much I liked the build and how fun was to play it even tho it was a bit squishy. Since then I've been reading people talking about the squishyness of the build.

I'll share a bit of my experience in case some one is uncertain about it.
I did a 1 day rush with this build in standard yesterday so I could play endgame content with it to see if it would fit as my starter. Indeed the build is a bit squishy as I even mentioned myself. Even though, the build has so much damage that it wont be a problem most of the time. I was running t16 maps going into the middle of mob packs with Plague bearer + blood rage and the sustain was pretty decent. You kill almost everything before they get even a slightly chance to hit you back. When it come to bosses it is a little bit trickier since you will get one shot'd if you don't pay attention or try to face tank it. You DO need to know mechanics and have the patience to attack and evade and kill it taking your time. No big deal tho if you play the build the right way. Since I was in standard I had currency to gear up the build but I didnt want to try it with a huge budget so I kept it low (something about 5-10ex) and I kept The Wasp Next because I wanted to try t16 with it. After I had success completing it then I changed weapons only too so how even better the build would get.

My point is if you are uncertain of the build because of it being squishy, understand this is all about taking ur time and playing as the build is supposed to. The build has a lot of DPS potential and can go pretty decent in endgame content. You only need to make sure it fits your play style. Also you can change some nodes to get more sustain if it is getting too hard for you.

I'm starting my league with this in a few minutes and I feel very happy I had the opportunity to find this guide and try this build before the new league.

With the new clusters in passive that adds 300% extra to poison hit and other stuff it seems the build will get even more potential even tho fossils were nerfed.

Once again I thank you for making this build available with so much detail and orientation. This is a lot of fun to play! Hope you have an amazing league.
Hi all!

One question, the build can be play using Venom Gyre instead of Cobra Lash?

Ty!!
Last edited by Sanfear on Mar 13, 2020, 9:35:38 PM
Whats the best way to handle the chest piece now? It looks like the Mana Cost mod is on Warlords, while Life % and Crit are on Hunter/Elder.
With how rippy the league is currently, I've been debating dropping some of the crit and crit mult nodes in favor of pathing to the new notables. 300% dmg on non poison + %hp + maybe either elusive or Herald passive might offer more damage, and more survivability?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info