[3.10] Complete Cobra Lash Assassin Guide | >10m Shaper DPS | All content | Noob Friendly | Video

"
TheAtrocity wrote:

Alright, sounds good. Just curious since people have said Bino's was kinda nice but if I can just go double wasp and come out overall better it'll be simpler to do that until fossil crafted claws. Thanks!

On last question: none of the 3.10 fossil craft changes affects us much does it?

It is tough to say. The fossil craft changes make it much more difficult to obtain the necessary base to craft weapons (and possibly armor if the -15 mana costs is necessary) with the 60% chance to do 100% more poison damage affix. It now can only be found on Elder influenced items. However, it is no longer a fossil only craft, so you can Alt spam an Elder base until you get the affix and then craft up from there. Finding out what level the affix shows up at will go a long way to determining just how easy it will be to find a good base.
Now that patch notes are out, what's your thoughts on starting with this?
Hey there! Thanks for the very detailed and explained build guild!
I rushed this build in standard a few hours ago as I would like to try it as my league starter in 3.10.
The build is pretty amazing and fun to play, very active play style which I like very much. The build is a bit squishy and you have to be very careful and pay attention to all details plus need to know boss mechanics or you might get one shot'd here and there. But I can see the potential on this build with some investment this is seems as a pretty decent late game build.

Do you have any considerations for de 3.10 league about this build?

Again thanks for the guide and have always a nice game!
In 3.10 the build isn't changed a lot as it hasn't been affected much by the balance changes. The nerf to precision however made me remove it from the setup. The (now) 3-Link Aura setup is now moved to a weapon and the Withering Totem setup is now supported by Faster Casting. Totems recieve a buff to make them more resistant to damage, hence I hope they will do a better joy surviving in any Boss fights. Casting them is now faster and they can be used more seemless.
Since we lost the accuracy and crit chance from Precision Gem, we will need to get that elsewhere (I included accuracy on a jewel, there are plenty options to gain accuracy, just make sure that you have hit chance capped at 100% in the endgame).

Herald of Agony was nerfed, but the specific nature of the nerf doesn't affect our build much, so that setup is unchanged.

I have changed the Flask Setup. I would now recommend to use a Diamond Flask with the Crit Chance Mastermind craft and a regular Onslaught Flask to gain Onslaught. You can still use Cinderswallow Urn if you want to.

You might want to get rid of some of the excess damage we deal to gain more survivability (more Evasion and Life) during Delirium League, but that's only a vague prediction before Delirium League start, you will notice this yourself and just adept the build.
The changes to fossil crafting will somewhat change how you can craft the needed/wanted items, but the bases that we need should be cheap and soon enough available on the market to not result in the need of itemisation changes imo.

I will not include any of the Delirium League Jewel Clusters in the guide, since I don't know how easy/hard it will be to obtain them and because they don't look extremely useful at their current state. I might add some more later during the league.

Good luck and have fun playing Cobra Lash in Delirium League! :D
Last edited by MoosGames on Mar 12, 2020, 4:10:36 PM
"
zynphoN wrote:
"
MoosGames wrote:

We deal chaos damage. Please provide a link or image or quote to what the nodes do that you mentioned.

I will find a link to them later, in the meantime. How big of a nerf do you suspect it will be for the build with the HoA nerf. Do we rely on HoA for damage or only the 20% chance to poison?

And doesn't the Pure Agony notable make up for the HoA nerf incase we need the damage from it?

Pure Agony:
+1 to maximum number of Sentinels of Purity
+5 to Maximum Virulence
Minions deal 20% increased Damage while you are affected by a Herald

Thank you again.
//zynphoN

I don't the the HoAG nerf impacts the build much. I would not remove it.

"
Lanzatron wrote:
Now that patch notes are out, what's your thoughts on starting with this?

This is still a very very nice starter build in my opinion (and as you can tell from the feedback in these comments).

"
pqpvsf wrote:
Hey there! Thanks for the very detailed and explained build guild!
I rushed this build in standard a few hours ago as I would like to try it as my league starter in 3.10.
The build is pretty amazing and fun to play, very active play style which I like very much. The build is a bit squishy and you have to be very careful and pay attention to all details plus need to know boss mechanics or you might get one shot'd here and there. But I can see the potential on this build with some investment this is seems as a pretty decent late game build.

Do you have any considerations for de 3.10 league about this build?

Again thanks for the guide and have always a nice game!

Thanks for you nice to read feedback! :)
You are absolutely right about the squishyness of the build. It becomes better the more levels you gain, but it's up to each individual player to adjust the build and gear to reach a good balance between survivability and damage. And yeah, the min/max potential is pretty large, especially with the Awakened Gems and stuff. :)

I updated the guide for 3.10 (as you can read in the post above this).
Hi, im new to poe and this character is my first ever. im lvl 78 right now and since lvl 70 or so im having HUGE problems with survability like getting one shotted waaaay too often in t4/t5 maps. anyone could give me an advice? its getting pretty frustrating.
"
AleCarpp0 wrote:
Hi, im new to poe and this character is my first ever. im lvl 78 right now and since lvl 70 or so im having HUGE problems with survability like getting one shotted waaaay too often in t4/t5 maps. anyone could give me an advice? its getting pretty frustrating.

Yeah, check the item section of the build and update all of your items. Also drop some of the damage nodes on the tree in favor of more life nodes. Just keep playing, gain more currency for better gear and levels that you invest into survivability.
Thanks for updating your guide prior to Launch.

Looking forward to this for my League start.
"
Osarna wrote:
Thanks for updating your guide prior to Launch.

Looking forward to this for my League start.

No problem mate, good luck and have fun! :)
I've made a video playing with cobra lash + wasp nest against mino with dificulty mods + aw8 and the damage is decent (i dont have any awakened gem in setup and using crap gear)
So, wasp nest is enough to do some t16 maps until we got definitive claw for the build.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAl1S8qm36o

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info