[3.10] Complete Cobra Lash Assassin Guide | >10m Shaper DPS | All content | Noob Friendly | Video

Hi, thanks for your guide, i love playing this build. I have a question about a claw i've crafted and the faster poisons affix.

When i add it to my pob and compare it to my current claw i lose a lot of Total DPS inc. poison but i win Poison DPS. Which stat is more important ? The way i understand it is the more faster our poisons are, the less max stacks we can have and that's why the total DPS inc. is lower. But it's not necessarily a bad thing if we are faster right ?

Also what should i do with this weapon, should i try to annul one of the useless mod to be able to craft on it ?
thx for the build, my first one and i really like it! also thanks for updating faq - it helped me :)
I don't know kow to replay on the post so, next time you can change line mod in claws with "Poisons you inflict during any Flask Effect have 60% chance to deal 100% more Damage", probbably its not stacking so just one one claw.

Spoiler

Viper Hunger
Imperial Claw
Unique ID: f8973f346c71481129c118220b3bd0607e628e0fccdbf405cf5b525249ebad99
Item Level: 83
Quality: 28
Sockets: R-R-B
LevelReq: 68
Implicits: 1
+46 Life gained for each Enemy hit by Attacks
Adds 64 to 120 Chaos Damage
13% increased Attack Speed
Curse Enemies with Level 10 Despair on Hit
30% increased Damage with Poison
Poisons you inflict during any Flask Effect have 60% chance to deal 100% more Damage
{crafted}53% increased Chaos Damage
"
Stràt wrote:
Hi, thanks for your guide, i love playing this build. I have a question about a claw i've crafted and the faster poisons affix.

When i add it to my pob and compare it to my current claw i lose a lot of Total DPS inc. poison but i win Poison DPS. Which stat is more important ? The way i understand it is the more faster our poisons are, the less max stacks we can have and that's why the total DPS inc. is lower. But it's not necessarily a bad thing if we are faster right ?

Also what should i do with this weapon, should i try to annul one of the useless mod to be able to craft on it ?

Yeah, I'd think I'd try to annul one of the useless mods off the claw. The Delve poison mod, the flat chaos and the faster poison mods are great. The accuracy is something we usually don't want on a claw...but if you aren't 100% hit capped yet, it's useful. Mana and/or Int must go. So if you hit the annul right, the claw is quite decent. Not perfect, but good enough.

Faster Poisons is a very good mod. The Poison Duration actually stays the same as far as I know, but you deal more damage in the same timeframe. I need to try to find a source for that though.
Loving the build so far but i was wondering if it was worth using Atziri's promise since it converts a percent of your physical and elemental into chaos damage during the flask effect
"
Cow_Teats wrote:
Loving the build so far but i was wondering if it was worth using Atziri's promise since it converts a percent of your physical and elemental into chaos damage during the flask effect

It's a flask that can be used, but we don't deal a lot of physical damage and no elemental damage, so the damage boost isn't great. You get some life leech out of it though, which isn't a bad thing. Also Chaos resistance. But it's not a number 1 choice to use.
My biggest take away from this build is how much even an unlinked HoA can just dumpster so much on its own. Having never played with it before out of fear that it has dumb minion AI, I am totally blown away and will likely make it my next build so thanks for giving me a twofer on builds I enjoy in one guide!
"
MoosGames wrote:
Yeah, I'd think I'd try to annul one of the useless mods off the claw. The Delve poison mod, the flat chaos and the faster poison mods are great. The accuracy is something we usually don't want on a claw...but if you aren't 100% hit capped yet, it's useful. Mana and/or Int must go. So if you hit the annul right, the claw is quite decent. Not perfect, but good enough.

Faster Poisons is a very good mod. The Poison Duration actually stays the same as far as I know, but you deal more damage in the same timeframe. I need to try to find a source for that though.

I found a reddit post about faster poison mod and that was what i thought. It's a nice mod for short fights like mapping (mob die faster and less damage gets lost when they die), but for long fights like bosses it's kinda useless because poisons can be stacked indefinitely.

I was not lucky on the annul but i managed to craft a better one in a few attempts, the attack speed and faster poison feel nice for mapping.
Hello, this is a really cool build, thanks for sharing.

This is my profile https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Eldwyn/characters I have been playing venom gyre but PoB says Cobra Lash dmg is a bit better so I gave a try. My problem is dmg on bosses. Spent tons of exalts for this build.

I got several questions here...

1) I crafted my own claws..stil not sure about physical dps is necessary here ?
2) Should I use skitterbots instead malevolence ?
3) What do u think about Asenath's Gentle Touch ?
4) And ascendancy ? Why you have Unstable infusion instead of Opprtunistic to kill bosses faster?
Moos,

I might make a small suggestion (from my own issues), and strongly recommend only Hunter influence on the claw. I understand from the rolls, Elder and Hunter are fairly similar, however, In my search on xbox with limited resources, getting a Hunter inf at i83+ has been a pain. I settled for Elders (knowing i want hunter), and have had a PITA trying to craft my second claw. The first one is "eh" at best -

which i have yet to POB / see what mod will end up best. However, the reason for that argument is stricly this:
The weighting on Elder suffixes rolls the Chance to poison, and worse so socketed gems are supported by # poison, is a terrible waste of space / weighting. It has the SAME weight as the normal roll of chance to poison / inc dmg with poison on basic rolls.

As you can see.. I keep getting left with trash like:

Hunter influence cannot roll this the gem mod.. which in my mind at the weighted rolls for claws, on poedb, with aberrant, corroded, and metalic fossils selected, is a complete waste of a chance at hitting one of the hunter weighted rolls, or any roll (in fact its caused me to use 15 resonators on 1 claw, getting it near 80% of the time, linked claw took 2(rng i know)).

If we have only Hunter inf on a claw, we can roll faster poisons, which yes isn't the greatest roll in the world - but it sure as hell beats having socketed gems from elder 80% of the time. Also - we'd be removing another roll for poison chance, which by the tree alone, without wasps, im at 120-130%. I'd much prefer the poison DMG alone from hunter than chance/inc dmg.

On xbox Hunter inf imp claws at i83+ were going for 1ex before i realised the rolls and missed out on the early ones. Elder i83 bases are about 5-10c (if you find like minded players not price gouging or thinking some rando elder base on xbox is 5ex..lol)

/rant (sorry in advance from a frustrated crafter that cant find more corroded fossils)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info