[3.10] Complete Cobra Lash Assassin Guide | >10m Shaper DPS | All content | Noob Friendly | Video

I only have 95% chance to hit unless I'm using level 20 precision. What should I do?
"
Jay___ wrote:
Hey there.

First off I haven't read the whole thread, so excuse me if this has been mentioned already, but I think I've found something quite nice. :>

I'm also playing Cobra Lash, but I'm building it a bit different. Check out my profile if you're interested.

But here we go:

Using a the new jewel "Thread of Hope" (Very Large Ring) in the Ranger/Frenzy Charge-area allows me to skip 1 point from before "Heart of Oak" + the first point of the "Swift Venom"-cluster, making the jewel slot itself cost me nothing.

What it allows me though is to spend 1 point in "Hunter's Gambit".
Yes, it's a bow node, but 3 of its 5 mods are _very_ good for us:
10% Chaos DoT Multi
10% Skill Effect Duration
10% faster Poison

With that + the new 'Awakened Deadly Ailments Support' I've gotten an easy 30% faster Poison in total (10% from the normal tree, 10% from this trick and 10% from the new gem).

For ease of understanding, here's my passive tree with it in use:

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAQAGAF4CEQUtBbUGcAbnB5kILgqbDSINjRMEFHUV9hX9Fr8Y2xmOHF8hYCLqIzYjNyP2JT8mlSxkLiMwcTB8MgE17zfUOkI67Tz-P2xAoEX0Sn1LHEt4TI5NklBCUUdTEFM1VUtZ8FuPW5lb02HiYetieWKsZK9noGyMbWxvV3BScG507XTxdoJ3onfXeOt6f3rvfyuAIoFBhKKHdonTijiMC4w2jX2Nv4_BmmSdqqLZo4qkBajPqqSw2LIZtMW00bVIuXy9XcGLwuzIDM96037UI9YH3ajfoOLV45_nCud06Nbpduyw7T_tQe2D7g7vevLm_MX-ug==?accountName=jay___&characterName=MuchToxicVeryWow

Hope you'll enjoy it as much as I do. =)

hi mate solid suggestion using "Thread of Hope" (Very Large Ring), especially in my tree saved me tons of points cause i specced to revenge of the hunted also at basically no cost.. so this has pushed me to around 5.5k life at lvl 90 and when i complete my scion life wheel at lvl 95 i ll reach 6k life.

also another thing that can be done is to use intutive leap in the bottom side so you can have access to some very good notes like dirty techniques, cloth and chain, reverly and 1 endur.charge.

my tree for reference:
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAAHcAhEFLQW1BnAHmQ0iDY0QkhHVEwQUIBX9Fr8cXyP2JT8mlS4jLlMwcTB8MjI1kjY9N9Q53TpCPP4_bEMxR35KfUscS3hMjkz_TZJOKlBHUUdTu1VLV5dZ8FuZW69b018_YEFh4mKsY3BlTWyMbWxvO29XcFJwbnTtdoJ343gNeBl5aHp_eu-AIoSihNmHdonTjAuMNo19jYGNv4_Bj_GdqqLZo4qkeKjPqW6w2LTFtNG1SLXyuXy9Nr1dvqfAGsEEwaDB1cLsyAzPetNv1CPWB9i92sHdqN7436Di1el27LDtP-1B7g7vDvLm_MX-Cv66?accountName=stred_&characterName=Galpo

on another note i finally switched to claws :
"

this is the rest of my gear:
"

i am open to suggestions what to improve next.. i think the next thing is the armour but this is gonna be expensive.. hunter base 6linked start at 3ex i think..

maybe switch to fenumous gloves to check em out now they start dropping in price?

Last edited by stred_ on Jan 5, 2020, 5:55:26 AM
"
AgentChunk wrote:
I only have 95% chance to hit unless I'm using level 20 precision. What should I do?

It's quite important to reach 100% chance to hit. See, if you only have 95% chance to hit, then you in fact also only have 95% chance to poison with each attack. You are missing out on 5% of the damage you could deal. If you dealt 10m Shaper DPS, 5% is 500k damage.
So try to get that missing accuraccy from somewhere. It can be found on the passive tree or crafted/rolled on equipment. I know it's painful to get such a seemingly unimpactful stat, but in the end it's one of the most important stats to get.
Thanks for the flask advice, i just changed it as u said. my hit chance is capped, my chance to poison is at 170% for both hands, and before i had those both claws that i usund now, i had 2 claws with high added chaos dmg, but i deal more dmg with the claws now, because there are more poison dmg % then on my old ones, still my DPS is only 1,3 millions, i just dont know how i can get more then 2 million dps as u are doing in ur build :/ i think i have to work on my rings and amulet, and try to craft some OP items, but first i have to find out how to craft :D and find a good base item for craft :D

still thanks for the advice
Regarding annointments. Currently using ambidexterity but I see you with Dire Torment and I saw another with Dirty Techniques. Which do you think is best? Was thinking of taking back the 5 points that leads to Dire Torment and then annointing it. But wanted to get some thoughts.
"
BeastVabi wrote:
Thanks for the flask advice, i just changed it as u said. my hit chance is capped, my chance to poison is at 170% for both hands, and before i had those both claws that i usund now, i had 2 claws with high added chaos dmg, but i deal more dmg with the claws now, because there are more poison dmg % then on my old ones, still my DPS is only 1,3 millions, i just dont know how i can get more then 2 million dps as u are doing in ur build :/ i think i have to work on my rings and amulet, and try to craft some OP items, but first i have to find out how to craft :D and find a good base item for craft :D

Ah...I just uploaded a Fossil Crafting Guide Video :D

You need the flat added chaos damage. The poison damage comes from your chaos damage, so if you reduce chaos damage for increased poison damage, you lower your poison damage at the same time. Of course there is a point, where this turns out the other way, but flat chaos damage is one of the most important stats on this build.

"
Kevinranders wrote:
Regarding annointments. Currently using ambidexterity but I see you with Dire Torment and I saw another with Dirty Techniques. Which do you think is best? Was thinking of taking back the 5 points that leads to Dire Torment and then annointing it. But wanted to get some thoughts.

Ambidexterity and Dire Torment are both amazing DPS nodes. It's up to you, which one you annoint and to which you path. I recommend making use of both. For 3.9 they changed the passive tree. Before that, it was easiert to path to Ambidexterity then to Dire Torment. Now it's the opposite imo. But if you know how to work the PoB, then you can totally change many things to your likings and needs.
Yeah been playing around in POB today. Right now my poison assassin is map clearing after my main toon pops a conq in t15 or t16 and then I run this assassin in t8-t12 to pop the conq the 3 other times. It is MUCH faster than my necro summoner for quick conq pops. It is a really fun build - I am just learning how to tweak it.

I appreciate the guide and your feedback/response to questions!

/cheers

"
MoosGames wrote:
"
BeastVabi wrote:

Ah...I just uploaded a Fossil Crafting Guide Video :D

You need the flat added chaos damage. The poison damage comes from your chaos damage, so if you reduce chaos damage for increased poison damage, you lower your poison damage at the same time. Of course there is a point, where this turns out the other way, but flat chaos damage is one of the most important stats on this build.

"
Kevinranders wrote:

Ambidexterity and Dire Torment are both amazing DPS nodes. It's up to you, which one you annoint and to which you path. I recommend making use of both. For 3.9 they changed the passive tree. Before that, it was easiert to path to Ambidexterity then to Dire Torment. Now it's the opposite imo. But if you know how to work the PoB, then you can totally change many things to your likings and needs.
Ive got one question, how did you get that 60% dmg with poison on the chest?
Spoiler
"
Kyoshiro17 wrote:
Spoiler

if you see the name of the armour it's edited item to correct calculate poison if you dont have localidentity fork of POB.. (the 60% chance to do 100% more dmg mod of the weapons isnt supported in original POB)
"
stred_ wrote:
"
Kyoshiro17 wrote:
Spoiler

if you see the name of the armour it's edited item to correct calculate poison if you dont have localidentity fork of POB.. (the 60% chance to do 100% more dmg mod of the weapons isnt supported in original POB)

^Yep, exactly what stred_ said and as I explained in the Guide under the section "DPS Calculation".

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info