[3.10] Herald of Agony Mana Guardian | 2.5 Minute Sirus 8 | Deathless T19 100% Delirium

"
bufftoosolid wrote:
"
livejamie wrote:
Here's my leveling setup, available around 16 or so.

Use Smite/Zombies until you can equip Quill Rain/HoAg.

Thanks for this. Did this gear allow you to clear all the way to 68? If not what would you recommend swapping out? thanks!

It would even carry you much farther than 68 if you didn't switch to Ci at that point. Not sure why he used those rings though. Thiefs Torment is much better.
Last edited by Mecielle on Dec 29, 2019, 12:29:51 PM
"
Mythrol1 wrote:
So I said I would post back after I put more time into this build and I have some thoughts on it. First, this is definitely not a starter build for a league. Easily the most money I've put into build to really make it feel alive (don't take it as a huge criticism I haven't played in awhile).

Certain things almost feel necessary before I'd run this build. Outside of the starter gear that is recommended, I feel it's really important to have a trigger when skill used wand. As in, I wouldn't even touch the build before I have one of those wands. It REALLY changes the feel of the build and as OP pointed out, just makes it feel much smoother.

The damage definitely feels lacking early on. I pumped more money into my gear and something like having 4 minions + crawler feels really key to making the dps feel like enough. Onslaught with 5 minions is really nice.

I'm up to almost 10k ES now and the build feels really nice even doing Red Maps with not fun rolls on it but you do still have to watch what you're doing. This build at least for me is really easy in lulling you to sleep with not taking any damage and then you're doing the meta boss and he throws that aoe ground damage and suddenly you start losing chunks of ES. Sometimes it's easy to just get bodied because you go from not taking any damage to running into a random pack that has a bad mod on them and you get chunked.

I'm enjoying it. I don't know if I like it more than Witch Skels (that's just face roll easy) but I definitely think this one has better sustain. The dps probably gets up there near Witch Skels too but it requires a lot more currency to do it. I felt like with Witch Skels it cost nothing to get super strong and most upgrades especially now are way cheaper compared to this.

I will keep playing this build though because I'm only mid 70s and I'm sure as I dump more points and get my gems sorted out it will just keep feeling better. Leveling was an absolute pita though.

TY OP for this build. It's completely out of my comfort zone and is a totally different playstyle than I ever attempt and I'm glad I tried it.

Necromancer skeleton is definitely better for SSF or league starter.

But even without watcher you will eventually hit 15K energy shield, and I am sure your damage will be much higher than now as well with more gem levels.

This build has a much higher ceiling whether it is deeper delve or doing more level 8 bosses deathless.
Last edited by hitmantb on Dec 29, 2019, 10:24:53 PM
If anyone still has delve spectres and is available right now, hit me up thanks XD

Also thanks for the guide, it's a lot of fun so far.
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
bufftoosolid wrote:
"
livejamie wrote:
Here's my leveling setup, available around 16 or so.

Use Smite/Zombies until you can equip Quill Rain/HoAg.

Thanks for this. Did this gear allow you to clear all the way to 68? If not what would you recommend swapping out? thanks!

It would even carry you much farther than 68 if you didn't switch to Ci at that point. Not sure why he used those rings though. Thiefs Torment is much better.

Yes I used that setup until 70 when I switched.

I only used those Rings/Amulet from level 16 until the 30s when I could equip Torment/Toe as I mentioned. :)
livejamie
I was just looking at this guide trying to decide what to do for my next character. Then I closed it and went back to playing the game, opened a map with a Zana mission, she offered me a Purifier map, I killed the Purifier and he dropped the Memory Vault xD. I guess the game is trying to tell me to play this. I have never played templar before, it is the only character I don't even have the Dominus achievement for.
Currently I am playing a fast attacking, teleporting melee build that clears maps very very fast but can be a little bit glass-cannonish and lacks a bit of damage against bosses. Will this feel very different? How does this build fare against the new Atlas bosses and Metamorphs?
Hey guys, How is this build for early end game? currently playing a Ice shot deadeye in early red maps and getting tired of flopping everytime a boss or metemorph looks at me. This looks very tanky and exactly what i'm looking for. However, i looked up a few of the key items and noticed the Shaper's touch gloves with corruption are over 7ex! is there a budget option to get me started or do i need alot of currency from the get go?

Also, the leveling guide mentions 4 links, Quilrain and theifs torment? Most people will atleast have a tabula (does % damage corruption work for HoA?). what should i run for 6 link and any other items i could use to make the levelling easier? i had a quick scan through this thread and alot of people seem to complain about the levelling being difficult.

TIA for any advice.

P.S i have a couple of ex saved up so can buy some fancy leveling gear / early endgame gear if you can advise on any.
"
Msciwoj wrote:
I was just looking at this guide trying to decide what to do for my next character. Then I closed it and went back to playing the game, opened a map with a Zana mission, she offered me a Purifier map, I killed the Purifier and he dropped the Memory Vault xD. I guess the game is trying to tell me to play this. I have never played templar before, it is the only character I don't even have the Dominus achievement for.
Currently I am playing a fast attacking, teleporting melee build that clears maps very very fast but can be a little bit glass-cannonish and lacks a bit of damage against bosses. Will this feel very different? How does this build fare against the new Atlas bosses and Metamorphs?

It will feel very different than a teleporting melee glass cannon that's for sure. It's definitely a best on the costlier side too so keep that in mind. The build doesn't start to feel alive (IMO) until you've at least a few ex into it, depending on what gear you already have.

A couple of things I'd point out are, leveling it is a pain if you go based off of the leveling build suggested in this guide. I'd do something different until I hit level 68. Someone recommended playing it like any other summoner until then and that's probably a really good idea. It will be cheap and allow you to blow through the content.

Also, be sure and get a Trigger on skill used wand. I wouldn't play this build without it having tried. It makes it feel *much* smoother.

-----------

Not directly at poster I'm replying it but I just switched to vicious projectiles and MAN does that really increase your damage over maim. I would 100% focus on being able to run Herald of Agony with VP as one of the first things I do after being able to run hatred + herald of agony. It feels so good damage wise. I felt the build was lacking in the damage department then switched from maim to VP and it feels so nice now.
Question: Is it possible to have 4 spectres with this build? Pretty sure I saw another mana guardian with 4 spectres. The gem only gives 2 right? Then we 1 more from Death Attunement. Where could we get a 4th spectre?
"
Nugsterx wrote:
Hey guys, How is this build for early end game? currently playing a Ice shot deadeye in early red maps and getting tired of flopping everytime a boss or metemorph looks at me. This looks very tanky and exactly what i'm looking for. However, i looked up a few of the key items and noticed the Shaper's touch gloves with corruption are over 7ex! is there a budget option to get me started or do i need alot of currency from the get go?

Also, the leveling guide mentions 4 links, Quilrain and theifs torment? Most people will atleast have a tabula (does % damage corruption work for HoA?). what should i run for 6 link and any other items i could use to make the levelling easier? i had a quick scan through this thread and alot of people seem to complain about the levelling being difficult.

TIA for any advice.

P.S i have a couple of ex saved up so can buy some fancy leveling gear / early endgame gear if you can advise on any.

This build is very tanky, just keep in mind you're playing with 1HP and all ES so it takes a little getting used to. Budget wise it costs a lot. I'm probably 7-8ex in after all the gear and gems and I STILL don't have a +1 shaper glove and a couple of the high end jewels. Depending on the price of stuff I could easily see this hitting 20 ex when I'm done. Probably more after min maxing.

So it all depends what you're trying to do. There's cheaper tanky builds out there but for me this was a totally unique playstyle I'd never done before.

As far as leveling up goes, I hated the Quill Rain + Thief's torment build. It never felt good to me and I constantly fought to not get bodied while leveling. I switched to an arc lightning templar build to hit 68 and that got me through leveling pretty well. Other people have suggested just using a summoner build to level with and that probably makes the most sense. It's cheap and will carry you through content with no problem.
Can we please have a Cyclone variant( to replace ball lightning) and gems link?
Thank you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info