[3.10] Herald of Agony Mana Guardian | 2.5 Minute Sirus 8 | Deathless T19 100% Delirium

I am curious how Vile Toxins functions with our poison set up for single target. PoB shows a large dps increase when the enemy has 1 poison. I am not sure how HoA and our BL with poison support actually interacts with the enemy. Does it just count as 1 poison or are we stacking poison. I haven't been able to find any info on poison duration or stacking.
Is it possible to use another skill instead of ball lightning? Possibly arc?
"
nugster91 wrote:
Is it possible to use another skill instead of ball lightning? Possibly arc?

We use Ball Lightning because it has a lot of damage ticks per cast, and each of those ticks has a chance to apply poison. Arc can be fine for clearing packs, but on pure singletarget fights you might have problems with keeping your herald at 40 stacks.
managed to pick that up just now, gonna do stormbrand for sirus carries, seems like it would be easier to keep stacks up
Last edited by King_Chayy on Dec 29, 2019, 4:15:23 AM
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
dkdunk wrote:

"
Mecielle wrote:

I don't get it. Leveling HoAg is some of the easiest leveling in the game. Have done it maybe 8 times now.

Get a Quill Rain, get Rain of Arrows linked with lesser Poison, maybe also get the two cheap unique minion jewels and from level 16 you just run to Kitava Act 10 while the crawler one-shots everything that looks at you funny...

EDIT: The jewels I mean are Fortress Covenant and Quickening Covenant. Absolutely insane for leveling any minion build.

I am new and I don't really get why do we want Quill Rain for exactly this? how can it carry us so far into the game?

I am preparing to level this build, so I bought the jewels you recommended, I also have a tabula do i need that or is a rare armor better in this case?

Tabula is fine for your Herald of Agony setup. Herald of Agony scales with the amount of Poisons you inflict. And Quill Rain is great for that. Just socket Rain of Arrows+Lesser poison support in a two link and add Poison Support when you get it later at level 31.

Your damage does not come from you or your weapon, it comes from the Agony Crawler, so even a low level weapon can carry you into endgame. And with the huge attack speed of Quill Rain it is the ideal choice for leveling until you switch to Ball Lightning in the endgame when you really want to use the Dagger+Shield and later Wand+Shield.

Thanks for the quick answer, I bought the quill rain and prepared both the HoA and Rain of arrows setup.

I assume I just run as a 5L HoA as I can't afford empower atm. right?
Last edited by dkdunk on Dec 29, 2019, 4:56:49 AM
"
dkdunk wrote:

Thanks for the quick answer, I bought the quill rain and prepared both the HoA and Rain of arrows setup.

I assume I just run as a 5L HoA as I can't afford empower atm. right?

You should have the mana to run 6L HoA just use another support instead of Empower.
livejamie
To save people the currency, Fertile Catalysts do not work on Nostalgia rings.

They should be able to though because Fertile Catalysts work on Essence Worm. I assume GGG didn't have time to test/implement them.

https://poedb.tw/us/unique.php?n=Circle_of_Nostalgia

https://poedb.tw/us/unique.php?n=Essence_Worm
livejamie
Tryied this build and was gr8, but changing to my beloved BV.

Last edited by PanZajac on Dec 29, 2019, 9:07:07 AM
Sorry another noob question.

Do you guys level as life based or ES?

Currently i try to follow the 68 PoB, but with life nodes. I don't feel like i wreck everything like bosses is still dying at a steady pace but not incredible fast.

I have all the recommended leveling stuff.

also running 5L HoA and Rain of arrows with lesser poison
some questions regarding this build, i just respeced some minutes ago :)

- for the circle: if i cant afford the reserved and damage one , the reduced reservation has priority i think?

- all of the 7 (8) jewel sockets are locked , how do you guys max the resistances?
I only have my belt and one ring left for resistances and im on 13% , -7% , -7%.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info