[3.10] Herald of Agony Mana Guardian | 2.5 Minute Sirus 8 | Deathless T19 100% Delirium

I haven't gone CI yet and this will be my first build ever going CI.

I did notice that while I have ES and Life, burning ground, poison from the golden rule bypass ES completely.

Is this how it's going to work when I take CI? I mean, 1 hp and I'm going to constantly die from burning ground/poison stacks no?
I just found a Primeval Ruins at depth 172. I was able to summon some Stoneskin Flayers. Is there a difference between these and the ones at 250+ depth?
"
NSUCK wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
Turtalis wrote:
I have replaced Maim for awakened vicious projectiles, what would you then replace pierce for on single target? I was thinking possibly culling strike

Hypothermia is the biggest DPS boost for me so I use that for Sirus and Shaper where Pierce does nothing really. Elder and Uber Elder feel pretty bad without Pierce, so I keep it then.

FWIW I threw frost bomb into a CWDT setup for some extra dps/loss of enemy regen

To all the people complaining that its hard to level, just level as any basic summoner. I just ran skeletons and zombies for the longest time. I didn't even buy all of my other gems until I got into white maps. I ran around with 6 sockets empty because I didn't want to take the time to get everything. It was super easy mode.

I did this as well.

I had a summoner (which made 30 ex in currency so it was easy to get this one started up) so I had a bunch of stuff lying around.

Just use toxic rain initially until you can use ball lightning and switch in some life nodes which you can Respec into Mana later.

I tested a few high end maps even though I'm only 71 and it was a cakewalk only problem is my specs dying so I'll have to borrow from someone with deep delve tomorrow to fix that issue.

I was thinking of getting a cold-point dagger, then applying poison using cyclone. My question is, to apply EE, would added fire/lightning damage to attacks on a ring be sufficient to lower enemy cold res?
"
ElJesse wrote:
How's this build compare to skeletons? Do skeles clear faster/do better damage?
Also saw some baron skele/zombie mana guardians that look interesting just wondering how the clear speed / skele survivability is.

I have a level 94 summoner that did just fine on all fights (cept Sirius cuz that fight just keeps bugging out) and clearing stuff. For me clear speed is a little slower so far on HoAG but it's way more tanky.

I'm not done yet with gem optimizing on this new char though since I just switched to CI an hour or 2 ago. So far I like both. I think this HoAG will be better for bossing and such. I don't see this build clear t16 blighted maps which I did just fine on my skellies summoner.

I guess it depends on what you want. Just my opinion ofc.

"
Windfuriouss wrote:

I did notice that while I have ES and Life, burning ground, poison from the golden rule bypass ES completely.

Is this how it's going to work when I take CI? I mean, 1 hp and I'm going to constantly die from burning ground/poison stacks no?

ony poison and chaos dmg bypass ES, being CI means nothing that bypass your ES will effect you so you are fine. back when we would do low life builds insteado f CI we would use uniques that make poison don't bypass ES with CI you don't need any so don't worry about it.
Yesterday did 1st awakener lvl 8 sirus fight easy deathless kill.
Had normal vicious projectiles instead of awakened. What i should work toward next awakened minion dmg, Empower 4, enlightened4+shaper +1lvl gem gloves or 2+ wand ?
First season playing mana guardian build. Gotta say i like this build so relaxing to play
Last edited by Batzch on Dec 29, 2019, 12:49:50 AM
"
ElJesse wrote:
How's this build compare to skeletons? Do skeles clear faster/do better damage?
Also saw some baron skele/zombie mana guardians that look interesting just wondering how the clear speed / skele survivability is.

I believe Baron Zombie Mana Guardian was the best build of 3.8. I played it quite a bit toward the end of last league and saw someone else took it to 1300's in HC.

However with the Zombie life/damage nerf, and huge boss health/defense buff, I feel this hurt Guardian more than Necromancers. Our minions are already weaker than Necromancers, and this nerf made it just feel too slow and clunky. Don't get me wrong, Zombie leech is still excellent and you can still clear T16 with ease, I just feel the ceiling of Baron Zombies is way lower than 3.8, it is a tier 2 build for guardians especially if you want to push yourself to the limit with deep delves, Sirus awaken level 8 etc. These contents will really challenge zombie durability and we really lack it compared to Necromancers.

I tried some Skeleton mana guardian variants and it has not been satisfactory. The damage at 300K per skeleton still feels too low compared to Herald of Agony given how conditional it is to get all 11 alive and attacking one boss.

I am not sure how Necromancer gets 1.5 million (use LocalIdentity fork for calculation) per skeleton, see POB below for a necromancer build with MOM. If I can get 750K damage per skeleton with mana guardian defense, I will give it another try.

For me for skeletons to be worth while, they really need to melt bosses way faster than Herald of Agony, given how slow they clear. I removed Necromancer ascendancy from this POB and they still have 1.2 million damage per skeleton.

https://pastebin.com/kbvYdK8e
Last edited by hitmantb on Dec 29, 2019, 1:07:24 AM
"
Mclilzee wrote:
"
Windfuriouss wrote:

ony poison and chaos dmg bypass ES, being CI means nothing that bypass your ES will effect you so you are fine. back when we would do low life builds insteado f CI we would use uniques that make poison don't bypass ES with CI you don't need any so don't worry about it.

Thanks for explaining that. First CI build in 2k hours of playing this.
"
Wonderful! I've read your post on NGA but I can't leave comments there.
Could I allocate Minion Instability & Avatar of Fire in lieu of Pain Attunement?
If so, that means I can gain a double buff from the Jewel?
And maybe I could save a few passive points(1-2)?

You can allocate any keystone you want with Lethal Pride, any of the 3 you mentioned would be fine.

You can only use one historic jewel.

"
igranier wrote:
This was, by far, my worst leveling experience to date. I assumed rain of arrows-poison-lesser poison-herald of agony-faster attacks would be sufficient. It isn't.

Were you using Tabula and Quill Rain? It should be some of the easiest leveling in the game. What issues did you run into?

--

I'll be on for a little bit if anybody needs the flayer spectres.
livejamie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info