[3.10] Herald of Agony Mana Guardian | 2.5 Minute Sirus 8 | Deathless T19 100% Delirium

"
Chridian wrote:
"
I made a Toxic Rain trickster this league as a starter. Cheap build, made currency fast enough to buy me a 5 Herald set of clusters. It cleared up to T14 super fast, lots of splinters. Died like nobody's business in T16.

Played the 5 Herald build and sold it the next day. No real point to the game. I put on Blade vortex and just ran straight through every map. At least I made some nice profit from selling all those juicy cluster jewels.

I play Mana Guardian for the 50k Armour and 80+ Phys reduction. Dying makes me upset. The 20k shield I had last season was just icing on the cake. 10k is fine.

I dropped a ES Clarity watcher's eye ($$$) from Uber Elder and sold it and stuck with the ES on hit because it's much more satisfying. The ES Clarity only added 2300 or so shield on my current build.

Like everybody said, this is a very expensive build to optimize. I normally make plenty of currency every league to support one nice min/maxed build.

I made about 60ex, which to me is insane, so I'm hoping that's enough for a decent start to this build. Due to playing ED I do already have empower 4 so that's one part of the build already done.
And yes, dying upsets me too, which is why I landed here I suppose in this build.
Only problem is when reading a forum guide, there's 50/50 of people saying how tanky they feel and the other side expressing alot of frustration due to dying so you do kind of have to try for yourself I suppose

There are some interesting tipping points in the build. Things to consider when you can't figure out why you aren't strong as an ox:

1. Know when to pop Vaal Discipline & Vaal Molten shell. I actually pop Molten Shell often until things get super toasty then go Vaal. If you aren't popping Molten shell all the time why not?
2. Are your frenzy charges working on your crawler?
3. Are you running endurance charges?
4. Do you have 4 spectres? (I'm only running empower3 + wand with 2 points a much better spend on currency than empower4)
5. People forget Pantheon upgrades all the time
6. Virulence stacks. If you aren't generating at least 40 - 60 instantly you have problems. Spell echo, faster casting, Greater multiple projectiles, must haves. Get those elder gloves with Level X Poison, they are cheap.
7. You need 100 chance to poison in Simulacrum. Don't go in there with out it. If you can't swap in Lesser poison, don't go in there. I swap out GMP for lesser poison. Then I get sad I don't have 100 balls on the screen, but I clear almost all Simulacrum deathless. I've only failed one out of 20. It was my first one and I didn't figure out the 100% poison thing until too late.
8. Cool downs on gems. Convocation and Flame dash. If you don't have gemcutters here for the cooldowns, you are hurting your mobility.
9. This season hits hard. People forget that, normal T16 is now a joke with no mist with all of the cluster jewels.

And the number one reason you die is because you don't know how to use Convocation. I don't see it talked about much, but you need to have a rhythm to the timing to bring your crawler forward when you are going round corners, running maps etc. There is an art to it. The crawler should be behind just enough to clear your way. You should always be popping it in doorways.

FYI, I used Kitava's Herald's all season. Sirus nukes them, and Cortex boss did. Uber Elder too. Other than that, they are fine, sturdy enough. Flayers are nice but I haven't delved deep enough, just sideways to get the 40/40 challenge.

Very good tips there.
And btw I didnt buy empower for this build, I already have it from my ED is what I meant.
What do you mean by "Are your frenzy charges working on your crawler" btw?
"
Chridian wrote:
Very good tips there.
And btw I didnt buy empower for this build, I already have it from my ED is what I meant.

If you aren't auto-casting Poacher's mark on your weapon you won't have Frenzy charges. Not sure how many people skip that craft on their weapon. I normally get unlucky with unveils and it takes awhile to have that craft.
"
TheFartssss wrote:
"
Chridian wrote:
Very good tips there.

If you aren't auto-casting Poacher's mark on your weapon you won't have Frenzy charges. Not sure how many people skip that craft on their weapon. I normally get unlucky with unveils and it takes awhile to have that craft.

ah right like that yeah, I do already have that craft available so that's good.
Do we care much about spelldmg etc on the wand or is it primarily the +to gems, and whats the best way to craft that, essences or fossils or plain old alt spam?
"
Maelstromicus wrote:
"
Ch3ck wrote:
Hi guys, I am lvl 72 using the guides https://pastebin.com/ktjHZ7BE

I got all clusters everything so far. I got a problem though. I am not sure why my Raise Spectres (level 21) aint working. It says skill cannot be used (grayed out).

If your Raise spectre gem level 21 is also raised by other +1's or an empower, then you won't be a high enough level to use it. Check out the level requirements on the wiki page for the gem :)

I found the reason why.

Nothing to do with gem level. I had RS, FF and MS on my convoking wand that has (trigger a socketed spell when you use a skill). I then saw on the PoB that he has them on the shield and Poachers Mark, desecrate and spirit offering on the wand. Makes sense!

Thanks anyways
"
Ch3ck wrote:
"
Maelstromicus wrote:
"
Ch3ck wrote:
Hi guys, I am lvl 72 using the guides https://pastebin.com/ktjHZ7BE

I got all clusters everything so far. I got a problem though. I am not sure why my Raise Spectres (level 21) aint working. It says skill cannot be used (grayed out).

If your Raise spectre gem level 21 is also raised by other +1's or an empower, then you won't be a high enough level to use it. Check out the level requirements on the wiki page for the gem :)

I found the reason why.

Nothing to do with gem level. I had RS, FF and MS on my convoking wand that has (trigger a socketed spell when you use a skill). I then saw on the PoB that he has them on the shield and Poachers Mark, desecrate and spirit offering on the wand. Makes sense!

Thanks anyways

Ah, good stuff, pleased you figured it out.
I loved Path of Exile.
I do not love Path of RNG.
Bloom gives me migraines, the over usage of darkness strains my eyes.
Save our game, remove all of the constant RNG and allow us to turn off Bloom or give us an in game brightness control!
I am struggling with the mana reservation, some tips are welcome.

These are my cluster jewels:

My PoB: https://pastebin.com/TA0gPSmH
DPS is about 540k now with tailspike, which seems low.

I just disabled discipline to use hatred/skitterbots, but the OP states that if you have Circle, you can also use disc.. I dont see how.
And it still feels my damage is not on par with the content i do. I can run t16 maps ofc, but I die way too quickly without the discipline.

In terms of best upgrades to get, what should I go for? A wand with +1 to minion? The chest for an extra +1? Maybe more levels for extra sockets to pump up my DPS? Any help is welcome!
\o/
Last edited by Phyloni on Apr 11, 2020, 12:01:33 PM
"
Phyloni wrote:
I am struggling with the mana reservation, some tips are welcome.

These are my cluster jewels:

My PoB: https://pastebin.com/TA0gPSmH
DPS is about 540k now with tailspike, which seems low.

I just disabled discipline to use hatred/skitterbots, but the OP states that if you have Circle, you can also use disc.. I dont see how.
And it still feels my damage is not on par with the content i do. I can run t16 maps ofc, but I die way too quickly without the discipline.

In terms of best upgrades to get, what should I go for? A wand with +1 to minion? The chest for an extra +1? Maybe more levels for extra sockets to pump up my DPS? Any help is welcome!

You need one more circle of nostalgia. It will give you more damage and additional mana reserve reduction. Replace your shaper's touch with regular gloves that also can give you resists. Best option is elder gloves with poison, then you can make 5-link ball lightning.
If you are still lack of resists, try to make them on your small cluster jewels.

Note that discipline aura doesn't work if it's linked with generosity support. I would also replace skitterbots to something else. My choice is herald of purity that gives us additional phys reduction with disciples/pure agony passives in medium cluster jewels. Other guys prefer determination, but it requires more mana.
Can someone explain how the ES goes up so fast on the videos. When I take dmg the ES goes down and stays there until Im unhit for few seconds and get the recharge. Even when I shoot ball lighting to poacher cursed enemies the ES seems to go up very slowly. Also in the guide it is said multiple times that strenght is very beneficial to this build. How excatly?
Last edited by Hartsa on Apr 11, 2020, 1:46:11 PM
What mods can't this build do? No regen, what else?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info