[3.10] Herald of Agony Mana Guardian | 2.5 Minute Sirus 8 | Deathless T19 100% Delirium

"
DarkJen wrote:
"
FoggyNights wrote:
I never asked for flayers? I burned 100k sulphite to find my own.

It depends, and need general understanding of, say, real life, to got this.

I asked and got whispered in game by fellow guardisn player, thanks to him he desecrated flayers to me for free.

And then some time later I got whisper from another player, but I was not around, afk. When came back he wasnt online. So, depends.

And yeah, this build is not easy anymore. I played it last league, it was highly enjoyable. But in Delereum is feels fo far at least for me as definitely not top tier one, got many hits from nerfs. Still I wanna try to make it, but it how is feels now. And need more investment than before it seems.

Not sure I even make Sirus in this actually. In not corrupted body armor it even struggles in low tier red maps for me.

Taking tips and advices, for sure. May be Im loosing somthing, hope its fixable and doable for endgame. Wanted to do 20 wawes of simulacrum in it, hoped so, but now I doubt about..

Ive done up to A7, but even there its far from facetankable.
With the recent nerfs hitting this build yet again, the cluster jewels are the only thing keeping it a viable option imo.

I jumped into it with everything from the high priority list to start.
Circle, 21/23 agony, lvl 4 empower, lethal pride divined until I got 5% str, cyclopean, corrupted blood golden rule, and a perfect healthy mind.
I got up to 90 and it still felt pretty bad. I was considering canning it as I had blown through most of my budget already, but I doubled down and made myself a set of the cluster jewels.
I was lucky enough that I got into crafting them early enough that I made several extras and sold them off to the tune of at least a 15ex profit on top of paying for my own jewels. (ive since wasted all of that profit corrupting skins and crafting wands)

The 3rd passive skill on the large jewel is important! It doesnt matter which passive since you wont be using it but you need a 3rd passive skill. It saves you 4 points total to get to your all your medium jewels. If you dont have the 3rd passive, you have to use 7 points per large cluster to be able to pick up VC/SI passives. I was able to turn those 4 points into another 1k es at level 91.
This has been mentioned, but I havent seen nearly enough emphasis on it.
"
FoggyNights wrote:
Wondering if someone can help me out here... I have to be missing something stupid. This doesnt feel tanky at all yet and im pretty disappointed with the result for the time/currency spent so far.
Im getting shit on by syndicate encounters in alch and go T16 maps with no damage mods with 8k es at lvl 91.
Ive been starring at PoBs so long i think I might go crazy.
With all the nerfs that have hit this, does this just suck without a 40ex watchers eye? I know I am missing a good chunk of dmg with the +2 from a better want and +2 chest, but I cant see making the investment for more dmg in my current state.

So here's my gear...
I have all the res. I have a corrupted blood The Golden Rule.
I have pretty much equal cluster jewels to the "good" build
4x pure agony
4x disciples
4x Vengeful commander
4x scintillating idea
4x will shaper
Im keeping my flasks and molten shell up as much as possible.
I have the lethal pride

I have lvl 22 hatred 23 skitterbots and dread banner and it leaves me with 113 mana open which seems about ideal for my situation

"

Hi sorry I didn't get back to you earlier. A couple of things. I think discipline and vaal discipline is extremely helpful this league as we lost so much energy shield. To use hatred + discipline you will need something other than mortal conviction, heraldry instead of disciple also makes your mana reservation much easier. I think disciple is more of a double circle of nostalgia thing which requires insane gear.

I also recommend a rare pair of gloves with faster casting or poison so you can 5 link ball of lightning, see updated guide. Damage really shouldn't be a problem at 60 stack, something like faster casting + spell echo + greater multiple projectile will help you sustain it even at single target.

Other than that, yes this build became a lot higher damage (about twice as much as last league if you maintain 60 stacks) at the expense of 30-40% energy shield. It is still top tier durability, but something like something like gladiator lacerate with max block is going to be tankier ESPECIALLY with budget gear.

I see your other character is gladiator bleed bow, do you really feel tankier with that build? Max block is one thing, but bleed bow should be less tanky than your guardian.
Last edited by hitmantb on Apr 5, 2020, 1:33:37 AM
"
DarkJen wrote:
"
FoggyNights wrote:
I never asked for flayers? I burned 100k sulphite to find my own.

It depends, and need general understanding of, say, real life, to got this.

I asked and got whispered in game by fellow guardisn player, thanks to him he desecrated flayers to me for free.

And then some time later I got whisper from another player, but I was not around, afk. When came back he wasnt online. So, depends.

And yeah, this build is not easy anymore. I played it last league, it was highly enjoyable. But in Delereum is feels fo far at least for me as definitely not top tier one, got many hits from nerfs. Still I wanna try to make it, but it how is feels now. And need more investment than before it seems.

Not sure I even make Sirus in this actually. In not corrupted body armor it even struggles in low tier red maps for me.

Taking tips and advices, for sure. May be Im loosing somthing, hope its fixable and doable for endgame. Wanted to do 20 wawes of simulacrum in it, hoped so, but now I doubt about..

Sorry due to the real world situation and the fact I mostly play standard, I haven't been able to update this guide fast enough to cluster jewels. Please check out the latest POB's with cluster jewels! I believe they are vastly superior to non-cluster jewel version. 60 virulence stacks will most likely be nerfed next league as part of the effort to further nerf five herald guardian.

I believe our damage is MUCH stronger than last league but our defense is considerably worse. Without clarity watcher you are looking at 10K energy shield, with clarity you can get 13K which is far far far less than last league.

It is still one of the best defense in the game, but not miles ahead of the nearest competitor anymore. Of all the builds I played, I only find gladiator lacerate with max block to be tankier in some situations, but they have problem with chaos damage, ignite and shock, we are always immune. We also do way more damage.
Last edited by hitmantb on Apr 5, 2020, 1:46:26 AM
Thank you to replying to me. Ive calmed myself a bit and took more looks at things and am making some headway now. I was flustered at the lack of performance vs what I had spent and didnt know how to make it better. At the time that I posted, I was dying way more than I do on the glad in lower content. Ive gotten it down to deathless simulacrums on that char. I made this mostly just to kill A8 sirus so I can push that chars levels. Sirus is the only thing that I die consistently too on there.

There were a few minor things that ive changed and tossed 3 more levels on there and its starting to come around. The damage with my current setup is fairly nice but I still feel kinda squishy even with over 9k es now.
I grabbed a set of Pure Agony/ Heraldry 4 passives while theyre still 100c Will give them a try and see if I can work another aura in. I think having the oh shit button of vaal discipline could be exactly what I am looking for. It made me have an oh duh moment because I had looked at pure agony/heraldry combo as I was rolling my jewels and it looked good but it didnt click that they would help get another aura.

I managed a lucky annul on these that I picked up for 40c. Should work well.
But I will give these a try and move some skills around.

Last edited by FoggyNights on Apr 5, 2020, 2:37:04 AM
I tossed on the skin I have waiting for the next corruption altar and I am able to use hatred + discipline with 4x heraldry lvl 4 enlighten 36% circle and the 1 4% reserved node across from CI. No charisma or helm enchant yet. With enough effort, one could possibly run 2 auras and skillerbots/flesh and stone. Is that the idea?
Will play like this a bit and report back. Traded dread banner and skitterbots for disc. Having an oh shit button that hits vaal molten shell and discipline at the same time feels pretty nice so far.
Last edited by FoggyNights on Apr 5, 2020, 3:59:50 AM
Is there anything I can do to smoothen the levelling experience? I'm dying pretty frequently at lvl 40 and my dmg - especially on bosses - is lacking. I'm playing with Quill Rain + Thief's Torment.
Last edited by Maliblue on Apr 5, 2020, 6:29:38 AM

I really need your help. I have no idea what I am doing wrong. Its not tanky and there is no damage. What did I wrong?
"
eule902 wrote:

I really need your help. I have no idea what I am doing wrong. Its not tanky and there is no damage. What did I wrong?

1) Get lvl21 herald of agony gem.
2) Get wand with +1 to minion gems.
3) Get empower lvl4.
4) Get wand with +1 to minion gems and +1 to spell gems.
5) Get corrupted body with additional +1 to gems.

The upgrades are given in the order of price. All the upgrades that give lvls to herald significantly upgrade your damage. You also need good supports in your main 6-link combo. With 16/0 gems you will definetly not see any damage at almost any build))
Last edited by llpu3paK on Apr 5, 2020, 6:56:22 AM
I dont really have any point of reference since ive never played this build in its earlier stages.

But ive done everything in this league with this character now.

Shaper, Elder, UberElder, Sirus A8, 20 wave simulacrum, 5 delirious orbed rare t16 map. Every content is trivial with this build. Only thing im missing is Aul in delve, but im getting there.

Its insanely strong and in my opinion really tanky, im used to play other classes/ascendancys that arent as tanky as this. And i still have 9 passive points to spend, i havent put them in my tree yet because im farming for some more cluster jewels.

I have 8100es at the moment, 50 max virulence stacks. Everything in this game melts from my HoA.

I will take a look at your updated guide now Hitman and see if there is something i can improve, but so far this character feels complete, i have nothing left to kill or really do.

Thanks for a really fun character to play!
This guide is so good! It is really fun to play and strong although I feel like I am lacking quite some Damage. Can someone here please give me a hint or two on how I can increase my Damage? https://pastebin.com/qYqQRJZc

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info