[3.10] Herald of Agony Mana Guardian | 2.5 Minute Sirus 8 | Deathless T19 100% Delirium

Is there a better leveling guide for this? I have no idea what to be using at level 29 and my damage output is very much lacking because of it.
For those that are wondering what upgrades to get next, here is the path I took:

1. Work on capping res to survive
2. Then work on getting L21 HoAg gem and L4 empower gem for dps
3. Then work on fitting in hatred, skitter - a cheaper option is hatred and aspect of the spider, see my earlier posts on spider vs skitter. More dps step.
4. Then, you aim for 15k ES as dps is high enough and you need thickness for the next step.
5. Then you aim for L31 HoAg by sacrificing the astramentis and losing ES. Massive dps gain here.
6. Then aim for as much ES and auras you can fit in to compensate for the loss of dps in the last step. All the mana reduce things come in here.
7. Then you go back to DPS with wand upgrades, higher levels of HoAg etc. You are at super end game here.

Now, here's the items I used on my journey:

Boots with massive resistances and %ES regen enchantment. The enchantment is very important for sustain and healing. Step 1.

My super high ES str stack belt. This thing results in higher ES than most hunter stygian vises. It took me a 20ex to find a belt better than this one. Step 4.

My perfect +1 amulet to replace the astramentis. It's got such high dex it's all you need for L20 HoAg requirement in one item. The added fire res, crafted ES%, annoited charisma, it's ready to go! Step 5.

I'm personally at step 7 now, and upgrades are very minor and expensive. e.g. 5ex for each 1% dps wand upgrade or 10ex for each ~100-200 more ES. But hey, being such a hard carry pays well and affords me enough to make these upgrades.
Last edited by Armisal on Feb 12, 2020, 9:30:00 AM
Got a +2 dagger last night and I was super excited to try cyclone/poison/fortify.

However I seem to have problem with single target poison application. It may be the lack of attack speed? Just curious if anyone else use Cyclone. Also doesn't seem to trigger socketed spells as fast as ball of lightning?

Cyclone feels really good, free fortify AND faster mapping because you are constantly moving forward while dealing damage.
Last edited by hitmantb on Feb 12, 2020, 12:40:32 PM
Interesting build, tempted to try it out.

However no clue what passives to go for first since no leveling progress is visible in PoB and the guide doesn't mention it...

Or the pastbin linked in the OP doesn't match the current version of the game as the other link looks totally different.
Last edited by Zweetsok on Feb 12, 2020, 10:39:40 AM
Just a heads up for everyone who is playing this build.

You won't be res capped unless you put jewels in your tree to do so.

I use a 46% reduced mana reserved hoga ring so you don't need any +1% mana reserved jewels nor do you need conq potency if you have some luxury upgrades.

I do have a clarity watchers eye, +1 gloves. I have a level 4 enlighten but level 3 is technically better.

I'm only level 76 at the moment with 12.1k es with no grand spectrum. You won't be able to use it if you are going all uniques on your gear other than your weapon, 1 ring, and your boots.

You don't need reduced mana reserve on your helmet. I don't know why that is a thing in the first place. If you have this. You won't be able to get your mana reserved to a certain %.

You won't be able to see my lethal pride but I do have one that gives 20% armor, 10% intimidate on hit, 5% increased str on whispers of doom.

https://pastebin.com/4LVCTX9Q

this is my paste bin if you want to see it. I have 409 mana left with all my aura's. 19k armor, 96% fire res, 52% cold res, 64% lightning.

After a few levels I'll have cap res due to minion abyss jewels with 10-12% cold and lightning res and other modifiers.

Take into consideration of what I'm explaining before planning your build.
"
gfuseking wrote:

I use a 46% reduced mana reserved hoga ring so you don't need any +1% mana reserved jewels nor do you need conq potency if you have some luxury upgrades.

I do have a clarity watchers eye, +1 gloves. I have a level 4 enlighten but level 3 is technically better.

I'm only level 76 at the moment with 12.1k es with no grand spectrum. You won't be able to use it if you are going all uniques on your gear other than your weapon, 1 ring, and your boots.

You don't need reduced mana reserve on your helmet. I don't know why that is a thing in the first place. If you have this. You won't be able to get your mana reserved to a certain %.

You won't be able to see my lethal pride but I do have one that gives 20% armor, 10% intimidate on hit, 5% increased str on whispers of doom.

this is my paste bin if you want to see it. I have 409 mana left with all my aura's. 19k armor, 96% fire res, 52% cold res, 64% lightning.

After a few levels I'll have cap res due to minion abyss jewels with 10-12% cold and lightning res and other modifiers.

About the res thing that’s not true. With the given tree, and only having boots and 1 ring, you can just res cap. Prismatic catalysts help here. If you have rare belt or amulet you can get res on that and it makes it easier.
"
Armisal wrote:
"
gfuseking wrote:

About the res thing that’s not true. With the given tree, and only having boots and 1 ring, you can just res cap. Prismatic catalysts help here. If you have rare belt or amulet you can get res on that and it makes it easier.

it is true when you are using the unique belt for ignite and shock avoidance. I'm literally playing the build and my gear isn't trash. Even quality modifers on the ring and boots wouldn't cover it.
2/12 Minor Update:

1) Greater Multiple Projectiles greatly increases our single target damage. I can hold at 35-40 virulence much easier now! It also comes with casting speed at 20% quality and not nearly as clunky as I thought. I truly believe this should be the default support for ball lightning and poison instead of faster casting, especially against maps with chance to avoid poison.

2) Added tips on fertile catalyst! You no longer need conqueror's efficiency or the ultra high circle of nostalgia roll to fit in flesh and stone and/or aspect of the spider!

3) Added tips on notable boss fights, Sirus, and Blight. The scout tower spam strategy is pretty much bullet proof regardless of your spec!

Notable Boss Fights

You can stand and press/hold ball lightning and molten shield keys against most bosses. On maps with 2 or more damage mods, you will want to flask and vaal molten shell if you are trying to grind to 100, just to be safe.

1) Phoenix/Shaper - Heavy ground damage, just need to move your feet.
2) Acid Cavern Morgrants the Deafening - This guy is bugged and can delete anyone. He has a storm call/spectral throw combo that does more damage for each minion. He is much more threatening to a Zombie user than us, but still can do massive damage.
3) Uber Elder - Run circle around the map, spam balls of lightning in their general direction.

Sirus

To make the encounter 100% brain dead, you will want to have corrupted blood immunity from jewel, can not be frozen ring, and ideally ignite and shock immunity from Cyclopean Coil. Other than dodging the storm between phases, you want to be in his face as much as possible and spam ball lightning with greater multiple projectiles for maximum poison application. Whenever you hear "die" or see a big move coming, pop molten shield.

Blight

To reliably Blight's, just get two ring enchants with +25% range to scout tower each. Then use triple amber oil to get -60% cost of towers on blighted maps. Spam scout towers all over the map, stand near pump and win.

Deep Delve

You will want to abuse the Soul Ripper flask for infinite Vaal Molten Shells. Pop your armor flask so you get maximum vaal molten shell value. Deeper into delve, ironically you will need more damage than defense. The 1700 delve Guardian had 11 million shaper damage with frenzy charges up. Flesh and Stone is also great as it gives us the RNG defense we need.
"
gfuseking wrote:
"
Armisal wrote:
"
gfuseking wrote:

it is true when you are using the unique belt for ignite and shock avoidance. I'm literally playing the build and my gear isn't trash. Even quality modifers on the ring and boots wouldn't cover it.

My ring and boots are enough.

My belt has none and my amulet has fire had some so i built my boots and ring without it. It's possible to fit the fire res onto the boots

If you want I’m selling my old boots (new ones has less res but has faster move speed and cannot be frozen which it’s not really required). I don’t have a ring for sale so you need to look for a 150 res ring (180 with 20% quality)
Last edited by Armisal on Feb 13, 2020, 6:28:33 AM
"
hitmantb wrote:
2/12 Minor Update:

1) Greater Multiple Projectiles greatly increases our single target damage. I can hold at 35-40 virulence much easier now! It also comes with casting speed at 20% quality and not nearly as clunky as I thought. I truly believe this should be the default support for ball lightning and poison instead of faster casting, especially against maps with chance to avoid poison.

2) Added tips on fertile catalyst! You no longer need conqueror's efficiency or the ultra high circle of nostalgia roll to fit in flesh and stone and/or aspect of the spider!

3) Added tips on notable boss fights, Sirus, and Blight. The scout tower spam strategy is pretty much bullet proof regardless of your spec!

Notable Boss Fights

You can stand and press/hold ball lightning and molten shield keys against most bosses. On maps with 2 or more damage mods, you will want to flask and vaal molten shell if you are trying to grind to 100, just to be safe.

1) Phoenix/Shaper - Heavy ground damage, just need to move your feet.
2) Acid Cavern Morgrants the Deafening - This guy is bugged and can delete anyone. He has a storm call/spectral throw combo that does more damage for each minion. He is much more threatening to a Zombie user than us, but still can do massive damage.
3) Uber Elder - Run circle around the map, spam balls of lightning in their general direction.

Sirus

To make the encounter 100% brain dead, you will want to have corrupted blood immunity from jewel, can not be frozen ring, and ideally ignite and shock immunity from Cyclopean Coil. Other than dodging the storm between phases, you want to be in his face as much as possible and spam ball lightning with greater multiple projectiles for maximum poison application. Whenever you hear "die" or see a big move coming, pop molten shield.

Blight

To reliably Blight's, just get two ring enchants with +25% range to scout tower each. Then use triple amber oil to get -60% cost of towers on blighted maps. Spam scout towers all over the map, stand near pump and win.

Deep Delve

You will want to abuse the Soul Ripper flask for infinite Vaal Molten Shells. Pop your armor flask so you get maximum vaal molten shell value. Deeper into delve, ironically you will need more damage than defense. The 1700 delve Guardian had 11 million shaper damage with frenzy charges up. Flesh and Stone is also great as it gives us the RNG defense we need.

i am glad to see other people liking GMP over FS. i thought i seamed like it was easier to stack just hadnt tested it yet myeself. and i will have to try the scout strat for blighted maps. i normally just go balls ot the wall with micro controlling the Crawler.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info