[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

just wanna chime in and say i'm still loving this build.
I'm flying through T11 maps on 4K life version. I just bought my shavs, and working on the links.

I'm gonna go LL and get block notes this league, but might go pure DPS as their is no crazy mobs like in delirium.

Only downside is Chayulas presence is 1ex+ right now.
Thank you for the wonderful build !

However I'm at a certain roadblock:
Which stats on the gloves are the highest priority ?
And if I can get a watcher's eye with 1 mod only (wrath/clarity), which one do I chose ?
Lastly - Inspiration support or Controlled destruction for 6th link ? Since on gem links section it's the former, but on the PoB it's the latter.
Last edited by JayJayFly on Jul 1, 2020, 4:33:41 AM
"
tonyvn1 wrote:
Thanks for the fast reply! I was wondering if you could give me some tips?? i Know my gems are not all 20/20 but Seem like im only doing about 40 to 50k avg damage.....Thinking About getting a cluster to help boost my DPS....

Your biggest upgrade would be flasks and also getting the correct setup in your 6L mate:) Also a lvl 21 LT is suuuper cheap, get one rather than try rolling it.
IN ORDER OF PRIORITY:
Lightning Trap ➡️> Trap and Mine damage ➡️> Cluster Traps ➡️> Lightning Penetration ➡️> Inspiration Support ➡️> Elemental Focus Support.

You potentially won't need clarity once you add inspiration (you can test this of course, just spam traps and see if u need the mana regen)
Also note that in-game your tooltip damage will drop significantly once you go inspiration gem, but in reality your dps goes up (you can check pob) because you are pretty much 24/7 at 5 inspi* charges.
Try asap getting a wise oak flask to boost your dps nicely and make sure lightning is your highest resist.

"
LesserForms wrote:
just wanna chime in and say i'm still loving this build.
I'm flying through T11 maps on 4K life version. I just bought my shavs, and working on the links.

I'm gonna go LL and get block notes this league, but might go pure DPS as their is no crazy mobs like in delirium.
Only downside is Chayulas presence is 1ex+ right now.

I'm having lots of fun so far being max block;P 0 deaths at lvl 90 now with about 60% of my atlas progressed.
Glancing blows being on the skill-tree seemed too OP to ignore when this build can reach it and actual combo it with arcane swiftness to regain lost damage from points I removed elsewhere :)

"
JayJayFly wrote:
Thank you for the wonderful build !

However I'm at a certain roadblock:
Which stats on the gloves are the highest priority ?
And if I can get a watcher's eye with 1 mod only (wrath/clarity), which one do I chose ?
Lastly - Inspiration support or Controlled destruction for 6th link ? Since on gem links section it's the former, but on the PoB it's the latter.

yw m8:)
It really depends on your playstyle and what other gear you have imo, if you need more damage (wrath) or want more defense/es pool (clarity mod).
Personally i'm doing a deathless league so i'd prolly go for the extra ES, but this league doesn't seem too scary at all imho, so more damage is also a really good option:)

in order of priority:
Lightning Trap ➡️> Trap and Mine damage ➡️> Cluster Traps ➡️> Lightning Penetration ➡️> Inspiration Support ➡️> Elemental Focus Support.
Tooltip damage will drop significantly once you go inspiration gem, but in reality your dps goes up (you can check pob > enable inspiration charges) because you are pretty much 24/7 at 5 inspi* charges when you're in combat/throwing traps.
Last edited by oestergreen on Jul 1, 2020, 2:30:34 PM

https://pastebin.com/XH2Qds9d

Here's the POB of my max-block tree i'm doing this league:) Everything remains true to the guide, only the tree is different as i'm going for block nodes and I've dropped the least significant nodes to make room.

As an upside to this variation, not only does survivability skyrocket but you also won't struggle with STR requirements and gearing is easier because you obtain +32 to-all-resists from the tree.
Nice call on the Inspiration Support gem..Big dps and save on mana...Im pushing almost 100k if im running maps...Just finish my first T15 with this character...It was pretty smooth beside the boss fight...took a while to kill him...I took out clarity and replace it with precision...my next step will be a watchereye with wrath inceasing lightning damage...I hope it will help me kill T15 boss alot easlier...
Is this a high dmg build for uber atziri or should I play a mine skill for that?
"
oestergreen wrote:
"
fishmei85 wrote:
first time playing es build,last night finally get some ex to buy the shv armour...

now im change to this shield for more ES,total in 5.7kES

but if i change to
it will be 4.7kES

more ES,low damage...damn

gonna look for video to see is it my playstyle got something wrong,keep dying in mine>_<

thanks for the guide ^^

Might just be a matter of moving better with making sure your traps are always flying in the direction you're pathing:)

I'm lvl 86 with 0 deaths so far. Though since lvl 83'ish I've gone high block as i'm experimenting multiple ideas for the guide with pathing to the glancing blows node in the skilltree. I also made myself the challenge to see how far I can go with 0 deaths this league, so I'm aiming to have max block. Atm I'm 75 att block and 52 spell block with flasks active. :)

gonna try on the block note(still left 2 point 75max without flask),gonna farm currency to get enlighten and try harvest get +1 lightning spell modifier >_<
look for poe trade but cant afford the price..
damge will be too low on dropping trap damage point on right side ...
"
deathopz wrote:
Is this a high dmg build for uber atziri or should I play a mine skill for that?

I never played with mines more than a short time because I hate the concept of having an extra key that you gotta spam as hard as your right click lol. I also much prefer the lightning trap screen-clearing (i can stand still in delve at the mine cart @middle of the node and just hold down my trap key and entire room/node gets completed.

But you can load up the POB if you got any mine builds to compare with.
Average Hit dps is 500k in good gear (that's for 1 lightning ball and each trap shoots out 9 of them... an average size boss gets hit by 5-6 of them if you place your traps somewhat near/ontop of the boss.... so thats 6x500k dmg per click and you can pre-plant 22-24 traps on the ground) There are also lots of videos in the guide you can see if you wanna compare, most are from 3.9 which was after the bosses received a health buff.
Last edited by oestergreen on Jul 2, 2020, 6:41:20 AM
"
fishmei85 wrote:

gonna try on the block note(still left 2 point 75max without flask),gonna farm currency to get enlighten and try harvest get +1 lightning spell modifier >_<
look for poe trade but cant afford the price..
damge will be too low on dropping trap damage point on right side ...

"
tonyvn1 wrote:
Nice call on the Inspiration Support gem..Big dps and save on mana...Im pushing almost 100k if im running maps...Just finish my first T15 with this character...It was pretty smooth beside the boss fight...took a while to kill him...I took out clarity and replace it with precision...my next step will be a watchereye with wrath inceasing lightning damage...I hope it will help me kill T15 boss alot easlier...

To both of you, replace one of your quicksilver flasks with a wise oak, it's a hell of a nice damage boost, same for atziri's promise, potentially replace that with ur basalt flasks (its also very cheap), especially vs bosses for the added pen from wise oak & 15% more modifier from atziri. a T15 boss should go down fast.

@tonyvn1 I don't think the divine judgement points are worth it, being a roughly 2% increase per point invested. If u want more dps, grab some of the only 2-point-cost jewel sockets we've got and buy any jewels with double multiplier (we got a lot of multipliers we can use...global multiplier, spell multiplier, lightning skill multiplier, elemental skill multiplier. Also make sure if you use cluster jewels that they are worth their investment, a lot of them looks alluring but are crap-per-point investments, while a few are quite strong.

Cost me a measly 10c :)

also @fishmei85, replace your added lightning damage gem in your spire setup with lightning penetration:)
Last edited by oestergreen on Jul 2, 2020, 7:28:07 AM
Thansk for the build i really like the playstyle.
I am pretty new to traps, so any pointers on gear would be great.
I am farming to buy a Shavs and finding a better weapon, other then that i am not so sure what to do.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info