[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

"
TKz wrote:

OMG.
I don't event want to look at the math.
Have fun with that ;)

On my side I got a nice wand for 2c :

Killed Kitava, but I'm nowhere near an Enlighten Support Gem (28c). I must do something wrong, I have like 17c ...

Still a very fun build though, even with only 4L and missing some auras.

Nice wand m8 :)
I've been very slow starting this league because of work, so that lucky chance orb really came handy ;P
I don't even own any enlighten gems yet. But I'm totally blowing up stuff very easily and I'm running all my auras except skitterbots. I won't be able to fit skitterbots until I get a lvl 3 enlighten.

I'll post some clips from boss kills while leveling act 1-10 and my first harvest mapping experience for anyone curious. So far I'm only lvl 73 but deathless. :)

I highly recommend players that don't like dying to go with pyromaniac as their first ascendancy, then perfect crime, then born in shadows and lastly chain reaction.

first map boss: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/661411089
kitava: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/661147663
innocence: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/661411089
malachai: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/659566919
vaal boss: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/659160638
Act 1-10 Deathless: https://i.imgur.com/Jfan2e9.png
Last edited by oestergreen on Jun 25, 2020, 6:27:02 PM
Okay after some upgrades I've managed to put in the following:

- Skitterbots
- Changed jewels from focus on trap throwing speed to trap damage
- Capped out resistances at 76% for wise Oak flask
- Added more offensive rings for dmg potential

Hideout dmg is now 91k so it should be perfectly doable. Died to Sirus A5 yesterday, because I still feel a little squishy. Only 8.2k ES atm. Next upgrades will be hella expensive though.

It's a fun build for sure and I truly enjoy it. Will get to 36 challenges with it, but so far it's not the smoothest ride.
"
dommerick wrote:
Okay after some upgrades I've managed to put in the following:

- Skitterbots
- Changed jewels from focus on trap throwing speed to trap damage
- Capped out resistances at 76% for wise Oak flask
- Added more offensive rings for dmg potential

Hideout dmg is now 91k so it should be perfectly doable. Died to Sirus A5 yesterday, because I still feel a little squishy. Only 8.2k ES atm. Next upgrades will be hella expensive though.

It's a fun build for sure and I truly enjoy it. Will get to 36 challenges with it, but so far it's not the smoothest ride.

Hey Dom, glad you're enjoying it :)

I hope it's ok if I give you some tips?

I would drop lethal assault, resourcefulness and fangs of the viper.
They really don't do much for you considering the points invested and in pob their dps increase is very small compared to other choices (or getting more defense instead for those points)

At doom-cast I would also drop 1 point in multiplier and go thru crit to save 1 point (that's something i should update in the pob) after the nerf, imo 10 multiplier is not worth 1 point. Also drop the 1 point in ES below deep wisdom and use it for 6% at foresight instead. (see below)

I would use some of those free'd up points to get Foresight and mystic bulwark to get more tanky. And for DPS perhaps consider getting a cluster jewel with a decent double roll, potentially like this one (but there are many good choices, just make sure you get clusters with minimal implicit "adds passives".
And cus you already got 3x pierce perhaps another one is stronger for you):

Also if you got patience (or money) farm/buy boots that has the lightning damage lab enchant. It's a really nice dps boost for this build and especially for this build because we are trappers, which means the boost from the enchant is active 24/7. A very strong upgrade.

A minor thing is to go for +life catalyst on your neck instead of attributes (it counts towards the 20% making you convert 24% when at max quality)

Imo you'll gain power with those changes and get more beefy, ofc it's just my perspective and tip and regardless what you do i'm certain you'll smash the 36+ challenges easily. HF :)

@for everyone else, update.
I'm chuggin' away slowly at the atlas for a few hours per day after work and everything is blowing up easily as usual ;P I'm lvl 85 now and still deathless! *touch wood* ;D

Last edited by oestergreen on Jun 26, 2020, 4:47:02 PM
Pretty fun build, still got a long way to go in terms of gearing to achieve optimal gameplay, but had a lot of fun so far.

Added Tempest Shield to CWDT cycle for some extra damage and block.
"
NfrXd wrote:
Pretty fun build, still got a long way to go in terms of gearing to achieve optimal gameplay, but had a lot of fun so far.

Added Tempest Shield to CWDT cycle for some extra damage and block.

Glad you're having fun m8 :)
I've given myself the challenge to remain deathless into the endgame this league, so far lvl 85 and still on 0 deaths. On that note I've been considering changing the build tree a bit to make room for glancing blows to become even more tanky and then for sure include tempest with cwdt for the added block which gets doubled.

I'm also testing cluster jewels atm and trying to find the optimal point investment worth the clusters. I'll update the cluster section soon with some results.
Last edited by oestergreen on Jun 27, 2020, 10:48:48 AM
Pretty fun build, i'm used to play slayer builds so this build is being a nice challenge for me.
The only thing that frustrate me it's the chaos damage. If i stay 1 second above poison, i just die instantly. Right now i'm farming to buy shavronne's and i have 4.3k ES. Any tip on how can i be more tank against chaos damage?

Thanks for the guide :)
"
Tenusa wrote:
Pretty fun build, i'm used to play slayer builds so this build is being a nice challenge for me.
The only thing that frustrate me it's the chaos damage. If i stay 1 second above poison, i just die instantly. Right now i'm farming to buy shavronne's and i have 4.3k ES. Any tip on how can i be more tank against chaos damage?

Thanks for the guide :)

Don't go straight for shavs, unless you really are rich or lucky ;P

Go for Chaos Innoculation, this way you are also entirely immune to chaos damage:) You anyway need full ES gear for shavs, sooo you might aswell get it and go CI and then get the most expensive item in the end (the shavs).

A 300-500ES chest for lvl 50-70 is cheap, then u'll be 4.5 maybe even 5k ES and also lab will be easy as traps won't hardly damage you much while chaos immune.
Last edited by oestergreen on Jun 27, 2020, 6:29:12 PM
first time playing es build,last night finally get some ex to buy the shv armour...

now im change to this shield for more ES,total in 5.7kES

but if i change to
it will be 4.7kES

more ES,low damage...damn

gonna look for video to see is it my playstyle got something wrong,keep dying in mine>_<

thanks for the guide ^^
Last edited by fishmei85 on Jun 28, 2020, 5:58:21 AM
Looking for a bit of advice.

Where/what should I look to upgrade next. I'm at 6k es and 46k tool tip damage for trap.

What would be the biggest damage upgrade as I feel Im lacking a little here

TIA

Thanks the the guide
Last edited by I3atp4ndas on Jun 28, 2020, 2:31:34 PM
"
I3atp4ndas wrote:
Looking for a bit of advice.

Where/what should I look to upgrade next. I'm at 6k es and 46k tool tip damage for trap.

What would be the biggest damage upgrade as I feel Im lacking a little here

TIA

Thanks the the guide

The biggest and also very cheap upgrade is to grab a lvl 21 Lightning trap gem. They go for peanuts (lucky us:). Another upgrade is getting Ulab lightning enchant on your boots. It's permanently active for trappers which makes it a really nice dps boost. An abyss jewel with energy shield and +2 elemental penetration is also good, same as ulab enchant it's active 24/7 for trappers because traps do the killing (not us). :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info