[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

"
fishmei85 wrote:
first time playing es build,last night finally get some ex to buy the shv armour...

now im change to this shield for more ES,total in 5.7kES

but if i change to
it will be 4.7kES

more ES,low damage...damn

gonna look for video to see is it my playstyle got something wrong,keep dying in mine>_<

thanks for the guide ^^

Might just be a matter of moving better with making sure your traps are always flying in the direction you're pathing:)

I'm lvl 86 with 0 deaths so far. Though since lvl 83'ish I've gone high block as i'm experimenting multiple ideas for the guide with pathing to the glancing blows node in the skilltree. I also made myself the challenge to see how far I can go with 0 deaths this league, so I'm aiming to have max block. Atm I'm 75 att block and 52 spell block with flasks active. :)

"
oestergreen wrote:

Hey Dom, glad you're enjoying it :)

I hope it's ok if I give you some tips?

@for everyone else, update.
I'm chuggin' away slowly at the atlas for a few hours per day after work and everything is blowing up easily as usual ;P I'm lvl 85 now and still deathless! *touch wood* ;D

Some advice is always welcome. The amulet and boots are correct. Didn't think of the fact that the boots are always on for a trapper. I had to find out the hard way remembering that mechanic after putting MS + onslaught on kill on my boots.

When it comes to the skillpoints I don't think bulwark is worth it at all. I don't need mana regen and getting spell block up to 24% from 18% is not that big of a difference to justify it. The travel to Foresight is way too expensive. Yes that node is strong, but having to path 4 skillpoints down for 500ehp while the points below below deep wisdom give 300 already.

Resourcefullness is required for elemental resistances to make gearing easier. Lethal assault is not that great, but projectile speed is a nice QoL on open maps. And Area of Effect is a really strong modifier for lightning spire trap. So it's not bad and very close for pathing.

Doom pathing is correct if I really needed the point. But since I don't there is nothing to gain. The arcane swiftness is a nice node if you take upper pathing because it really gives a nice chunk of dps and survivability.
Last edited by dommerick on Jun 29, 2020, 2:42:08 AM
"
oestergreen wrote:
"
I3atp4ndas wrote:
Looking for a bit of advice.

Where/what should I look to upgrade next. I'm at 6k es and 46k tool tip damage for trap.

What would be the biggest damage upgrade as I feel Im lacking a little here

TIA

Thanks the the guide

The biggest and also very cheap upgrade is to grab a lvl 21 Lightning trap gem. They go for peanuts (lucky us:). Another upgrade is getting Ulab lightning enchant on your boots. It's permanently active for trappers which makes it a really nice dps boost. An abyss jewel with energy shield and +2 elemental penetration is also good, same as ulab enchant it's active 24/7 for trappers because traps do the killing (not us). :)

OK, I have 2 gems nearly at 20 so I can try for 21 myself. If I don't get it I will buy one. Will be on the lookout for some gems and enchant.

Thanks
"
dommerick wrote:
"
oestergreen wrote:

Hey Dom, glad you're enjoying it :)

I hope it's ok if I give you some tips?

@for everyone else, update.
I'm chuggin' away slowly at the atlas for a few hours per day after work and everything is blowing up easily as usual ;P I'm lvl 85 now and still deathless! *touch wood* ;D

Some advice is always welcome. The amulet and boots are correct. Didn't think of the fact that the boots are always on for a trapper. I had to find out the hard way remembering that mechanic after putting MS + onslaught on kill on my boots.

When it comes to the skillpoints I don't think bulwark is worth it at all. I don't need mana regen and getting spell block up to 24% from 18% is not that big of a difference to justify it. The travel to Foresight is way too expensive. Yes that node is strong, but having to path 4 skillpoints down for 500ehp while the points below below deep wisdom give 300 already.

Resourcefullness is required for elemental resistances to make gearing easier. Lethal assault is not that great, but projectile speed is a nice QoL on open maps. And Area of Effect is a really strong modifier for lightning spire trap. So it's not bad and very close for pathing.

Doom pathing is correct if I really needed the point. But since I don't there is nothing to gain. The arcane swiftness is a nice node if you take upper pathing because it really gives a nice chunk of dps and survivability.

Are you using POB m8?

the ES point below deep wisdom gives 111 ES and costs you 1 point.
foresight costs you 4 points but gives you 627 ES (+ some other stuff which isn't crucial) but it's 627/4, giving you 156 ES per point invested, which makes it the strongest node you can reach if you want ES. (aside some energy from naught small cluster jewel shenanigans
)

Resourcefulness and Fangs of the viper... I really disagree, as I try to look at it from a per-point invested perspective (aka something costs 2 points to reach and gives 14k dps gain... another costs 4 points but gives 40k making it 10k value per point vs 7k etc - same for defenses I look at total net gain per point.

I know they seem alluring being so close to our pathing, I gone over them many times, many rerolls and imho the 6 points don't return at all their investment. I'd see your points better used at places like a cluster jewel setup where 6 points can land some hefty upgrades and also Faith and Steel, (Mystic Bulwark + rumi's + arcane swiftness combined for 5% spell dmg PER block chance = high dps boost + more survivability combined --- in fact arcane swiftness if u go that route ends up being a 17-20k DPS per point invested while rest of tree offers only half or less of that)

I'll update the guide tomorrow with my experiments doing max block on this build:) I'm close to max block, 75/66 atm with rumi's active. Overall i'm trading off a bit of ES, some trap throw speed/trigger area (i regain the trigger area via cluster jewel) and I'm getting 75/75 block making my survivability skyrocket and even gaining DPS cause of the combo of bulwark/sanctuary/glancing blows and arcane swiftness 5% spelldmg per block. Obviously being tough to kill and having 75 spellblock vs bosses like Sirius is also parfait. Cherry on the top is +32 to all resists, making gearing cheaper/easier (sanctuary + faith and steel)

If u got plenty resist already and roll a shaper shield to give +spellblock, u can drop the 4 points at sanctuary and use them elsewhere for extra DPS or ES.

Here's a POB of the same pob that is in the guide but changed into what i'm doing this league and described above with max block - 10k ES with max block.
https://pastebin.com/hM4J8Bxp

p.s. for ppl asking in pm, atm I'm running just 2 cluster jewels, these 2:

Last edited by oestergreen on Jun 29, 2020, 8:09:39 AM

Some trapping done with my experimental skill-tree going for max block :)
I'm still just on a 4 and 5 link.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/664890186
"
oestergreen wrote:

Some trapping done with my experimental skill-tree going for max block :)
I'm still just on a 4 and 5 link.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/664890186

Cant wait to try this out!
"
oestergreen wrote:
"
fishmei85 wrote:
first time playing es build,last night finally get some ex to buy the shv armour...

now im change to this shield for more ES,total in 5.7kES

but if i change to
it will be 4.7kES

more ES,low damage...damn

gonna look for video to see is it my playstyle got something wrong,keep dying in mine>_<

thanks for the guide ^^

Might just be a matter of moving better with making sure your traps are always flying in the direction you're pathing:)

I'm lvl 86 with 0 deaths so far. Though since lvl 83'ish I've gone high block as i'm experimenting multiple ideas for the guide with pathing to the glancing blows node in the skilltree. I also made myself the challenge to see how far I can go with 0 deaths this league, so I'm aiming to have max block. Atm I'm 75 att block and 52 spell block with flasks active. :)

thanks for the info~

trying to fixing my play style on this league XD

gonna farm seed to upgrade my gear to high ES,now currently on 5k >_<

Hi, is there other ways to get the lab enchanted for the helmet pierce or is there a easier way to get it??
"
fishmei85 wrote:

thanks for the info~

trying to fixing my play style on this league XD

gonna farm seed to upgrade my gear to high ES,now currently on 5k >_<

np m8:) Also this (i added it to survival tips in the guide) >

0) Make sure you use a Vaal Discipline. The vaal effect is an instant save-yourself button! With how our Pyromaniac ascendancy works (combined with Zealot's oath if you're ES specced), you regenerate life/ES from all traps going off! In short... you should ALWAYS be tossing traps, even if you're not in any danger.. it's nice having a constant 10% regeneration running.
When combined with vaal discipline, it becomes an instant save button, since vaal disc makes your ES regen NOT get interrupted by incoming damage. You can tank a lot of damage this way and also run around in darkness in delve.

p.s. if you wanna be super tanky, look at my current skill-tree on this character. I haven't died yet at all and i'm max block and close to max spellblock.

"
tonyvn1 wrote:
Hi, is there other ways to get the lab enchanted for the helmet pierce or is there a easier way to get it??

Not to my knowledge mate. There's lab farming and there's getting lucky with a fossil that can add lab enchants. But as for the pierce effect, there are many ways of getting it until you can grab a helmet with it. There's a +1 pierce gem in act 5. There's cluster jewels with pierce effect and there's a gem, altho i'd not go for the gem as it'll drop your dps a bit, so rather a jewel.
There's also jewelry (amulets) that can drop with +2 pierce (until you have your unique amulet). It usually comes from the syndicate, but try search the market.

Aerodynamics gives +1 pierce

Last edited by oestergreen on Jun 30, 2020, 12:25:46 PM
Thanks for the fast reply! I was wondering if you could give me some tips?? i Know my gems are not all 20/20 but Seem like im only doing about 40 to 50k avg damage.....Thinking About getting a cluster to help boost my DPS....
Last edited by tonyvn1 on Jul 1, 2020, 3:44:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info