[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

"
Bromeek wrote:
Thanks for the help.

One more thing. How do you deal with mana problems? I got 3lvl clarity running but I get out of mana very fast.

Also how do you do bossing? Do you spam traps often, or are those traps overwriting existing ones, decreasing the DPS? It's my first trap build.

@edit: I managed to partially solve the problem by getting more mana regen nodes from tree, and items.

Yeah as in the guide, i use an endless mana flask for a long time until i feel i can solve mana issues. But glad to know you got it working:)

Btw, try get yourself a Vaal Discipline instead of the regular - you'll love the extra button for surviving tight situations. (also great in delving when in darkness)
Last edited by oestergreen on Jun 23, 2020, 8:08:24 AM
I have a quick question. I never played a LL build before so i'm take it one step at a time, but what exactly was your ES before you switched to LL.
i'm still on a Tabulas and just didnt know if what i have is decent so far for just going into maps.
Did i understand it correctly that if i wanna even higher dps, i have to switch to LB mines in later game?
Is it possible to run Herald of thunder, Wrath, Clarity and Summon Skitterbots without Enlighten gems (currently 20c ...) ?
I've invested in all reserved mana nodes from build, and I have the 2% jewel too, it's not enough (well it's enough to activate all of them, but no mana left to cast anything ;) ).
Last edited by TKz on Jun 23, 2020, 6:09:47 PM
With enlighten lvl 3 and mana reduction nodes I'm able to run Wrath + Clarity + Skitterbots + Zealotry + Discipline? For now, I'm missing Discipline but I'm also not running mana reduction nodes + enlighten. Just need to know if enlighten + mana nodes are enough to fit discipline.
"
dpham99 wrote:
I have a quick question. I never played a LL build before so i'm take it one step at a time, but what exactly was your ES before you switched to LL.
i'm still on a Tabulas and just didnt know if what i have is decent so far for just going into maps.

It's really up to you how confident or comfortable you feel playing with lower ES. I'm atm doing a deathless lvl 1 to maps run, so I'm prolly gonna switch rather late (prolly after act 10 kitava). When I normally play, I usually go CI around act 8, when you kill doedre (i love being CI in those sewers where there's poison dmg everytime you kill a zombie)

"
Zeros wrote:
Did i understand it correctly that if i wanna even higher dps, i have to switch to LB mines in later game?

I've no idea where it says that or why. I don't switch to mines because my fingers would get instant arthritis.

"
Deziowy wrote:
With enlighten lvl 3 and mana reduction nodes I'm able to run Wrath + Clarity + Skitterbots + Zealotry + Discipline? For now, I'm missing Discipline but I'm also not running mana reduction nodes + enlighten. Just need to know if enlighten + mana nodes are enough to fit discipline.

"
TKz wrote:
Is it possible to run Herald of thunder, Wrath, Clarity and Summon Skitterbots without Enlighten gems (currently 20c ...) ?
I've invested in all reserved mana nodes from build, and I have the 2% jewel too, it's not enough (well it's enough to activate all of them, but no mana left to cast anything ;) ).

Short answer yes. Longer answer it depends on your gem levels.
You need to fit a clarity lvl 7(or higher).

But once you're sorted, you should have np running all the aura's I listed.
As example, i've screenied my own character from previous 3.9, you guys can still find him under my characters if you wanna compare. I actually run 1 more aura on him than I suggest in the guide (i also run precision lvl 1, cuz i could fit it). I do however have a -5 reduced mana reservation helmet on him (also explained in the guide), though that is the ONLY item he has with mana reserve reduction, the rest is from the skill-tree (sovereignty node)

Character name to look for is DissentXTV on my list.
At the bottom right, you see the 5 auras. (discipline, skitterbots, wrath, clarity 7+, precision 1) >>> Open image in a new tab if you want full resolution>>>

Last edited by oestergreen on Jun 24, 2020, 8:50:23 AM
Out of those I am only really interested in the skitterbots to fit. That will be a hard one I suppose. Currently it's just wrath, zealotry and discipline.

Tried a t16 guardian and have to admit that it feel underwhelming. With around 50% of your 3.9 char I'm nowhere close to 10sec this guardian. I was expecting it more to be a blowup.

After playing with PoB it seems that it's required to have Sovereignity or Helm Reservation, but for sure Shield reservation and twice enlighten lvl 3. That's quite the ask, for a measly 15% dps increase. It does provide safety as well, but it's surely not worth the investment at this point.

I'm thinking of setting up a trigger on spell use on my wand in combination with Wave of Conviction, Purity of Fire and a Golem of choice. That should be the better use of sockets for now.
Last edited by dommerick on Jun 24, 2020, 9:58:23 AM
"
dommerick wrote:
Out of those I am only really interested in the skitterbots to fit. That will be a hard one I suppose. Currently it's just wrath, zealotry and discipline.

Tried a t16 guardian and have to admit that it feel underwhelming. With around 50% of your 3.9 char I'm nowhere close to 10sec this guardian. I was expecting it more to be a blowup.

I can't see your gear atm, so I can't really comment that. Skitterbots should fit if you have enlightens. (check DissentXTV on my character-list)

I absolutely blow up bosses. In harvest i'm only lvl 60ish as i've been busy @work and decided to do a SHC run (lvl 1 to maps with no deaths), but well the act bosses die just as fast as they always did for me in previous leagues (literally phasing them before they can do anything, i've clipped a lot of bosses on my twitch for anyone curious to see).

Part of blowing up bosses fast is also your trap placement, knowing when he will stand still long enough to plant traps directly on him and for him to stand in your spire-traps. (and of course pre-placing them and generally when throwing, aiming for the center of the boss or his movement path)

As I can't see your gear, i also can't see your gem setup. If you're running anything below a 20 LT/Spire, you should grab a lvl 21 for almost nothing on the market (i think they go for 5c ever since the prophecy card was introduced:) - but again, I can't see your gear though, so either its bugged or you unequipped/sold off:)
Last edited by oestergreen on Jun 24, 2020, 10:00:48 AM
"
dommerick wrote:

After playing with PoB it seems that it's required to have Sovereignity or Helm Reservation, but for sure Shield reservation and twice enlighten lvl 3. That's quite the ask, for a measly 15% dps increase. It does provide safety as well, but it's surely not worth the investment at this point.

I'm thinking of setting up a trigger on spell use on my wand in combination with Wave of Conviction, Purity of Fire and a Golem of choice. That should be the better use of sockets for now.

Yes it definitely is required, it's also in the pob tree in the guide.
You are NOT required to have the shield reservation... this as I say in the guide is only if you are really rich and wanna min/max, because this way you can drop the sovereignty nodes, if you craft or buy a mana reserve shield.

For league start and for vast majority of playthroughs, I don't go for the shield, I stick with the sovereignty nodes and if anything I only aim for mana reduce on the helmet IF i feel like fitting extra stuff. I did do a couple of times where I crafted/bought the shield and saved the nodes in the tree for other stuff, but yeah, its expensive and really IMHO, only if you got nothing else you need to improve/fix first:)

But definitely, try the trigger combo and let me know how it goes :)
Last edited by oestergreen on Jun 24, 2020, 10:07:52 AM

Gear seems fine. It's quite the damage, but really it feels slow compared to my last build and I certainly don't see it phasing shaper yet. 2 More guardians and I'm up to fight sirus for the first time.

Do you have any idea how much shock % the lightning trap does? since the DPS is mostly the small ball hitting a lot of time I'm guessing the skitterbot shock is most of the times better?
Last edited by dommerick on Jun 24, 2020, 10:55:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info