[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

oh my, did i screw up. lol.

i though chain reaction (which was my last ascendancy i needed) wasn't that big a deal. only 30% trap damage.

HOWEVER.

when your traps trigger, your nearby traps also trigger.

That has made a big difference in play. Normally when i play trapper i take many more trapper nodes, some with increased trigger area. I also tend to use at least 1 of the hair trigger jewels.

But this build has none of those kinds of nodes.

Very noticeable improvement.
just a question about a diffrence in the build using Lightning Trap vs swap to Arc trap? im guessing it wont be hard to swap since this build doesnt scale in much other then an arc trapper would or would better be going Mines if wanted to go like arc instead?

and what would damage vs clear to boss damage be in diffrence against Lightning Traps?
Cheers for all the answers, OP, build is doing nicely for now, just missing lab enchant which is a big clear speed booster. About lab enchant. I have run it for like 10 times with twice enchanted, and no luck, is there a way to somehow better my odds or is it just a pure chance to get it? i see many ppl who post their gear here already has it, so i assume its a common occurrence. how many runs approx am i to do to expect one to land?
"
Vasqudo wrote:
Cheers for all the answers, OP, build is doing nicely for now, just missing lab enchant which is a big clear speed booster. About lab enchant. I have run it for like 10 times with twice enchanted, and no luck, is there a way to somehow better my odds or is it just a pure chance to get it? i see many ppl who post their gear here already has it, so i assume its a common occurrence. how many runs approx am i to do to expect one to land?

if you want to try get it by ureself its pure luck to hit it since there is so many enchants so im guessing alot of people has either bought a base with the enchant and crafted or bought a finished helmet "in majority" but there is also those that has RNGeus on their side aswell :P
"
nothingtoxic wrote:
"
Vasqudo wrote:

if you want to try get it by ureself its pure luck to hit it since there is so many enchants so im guessing alot of people has either bought a base with the enchant and crafted or bought a finished helmet "in majority" but there is also those that has RNGeus on their side aswell :P

It's pretty easy to craft, I hit mine first try with only Pristine + Metallic fossils. Hubris base with ench is getting pretty expensive though...
"
Acnologia23 wrote:
Hi, I'm playing the build but I'm feeling extremely squishy, Am I missing something? Would appreciate any advice!

this is a bit of a glass cannon build, but low life builds are in general. the reason that low-life can be effective is that it can crank the DPS up. I'm not convinced that's true as much now as it used to be. For example low life allows you to run skitter bots and zealotry. is the DPS for those 2 things really worth the hassle and expense of low-life ? seems iffy. so if you don't have the DPS, you are going to die:

1 u r low life and susceptible to freezing. run out of heat flask ? ur dead.
2 u r low life. any kind of DoT will cause you to miss ES recharge. you'll die just standing there.
3 u r low life. you will get stunned. ever wonder why sometimes you try to throw traps and you can't ? you've been stunned.
4 you have 0 damage mitigation. i just had a syndicate member 1-shot me from off-screen. 6.7k ES -> 0. Don't even know what the attack was.

all of these things are much, much less of a problem if you kill the boss fast enough. don't kill it fast enough and ur ded.

these new champion bosse can be pretty nasty. i have a tanky life based character with high regen and 7k life. veritania just one shot him. that's fucked up. why did she 1-shot me ? i saw her attack coming and I tried to move, but I WAS FROZEN, with 7k life. that's messed up.

so you are not missing something. collect your currency, and put together the gear to get those DPS up. if you are dying a lot you'll just have to run lower level maps until you can gear up.
Last edited by plasticeyes on Jan 5, 2020, 11:31:24 PM

Finally sitting on my 624k DPS on POB...
"
bravo373 wrote:

Finally sitting on my 624k DPS on POB...

Lovely armor mate, grats:)
"
Vasqudo wrote:

I usually buy it as early league as possible, they used to cost nothing, but that was before I released my build lol, now they're quite a few EX for a hubris base with pierce ulab.

On a budget i'd definitely just start out with the merciless lab enchant, its so much cheaper and still effective until you can afford ulab one.
"
nothingtoxic wrote:
just a question about a diffrence in the build using Lightning Trap vs swap to Arc trap? im guessing it wont be hard to swap since this build doesnt scale in much other then an arc trapper would or would better be going Mines if wanted to go like arc instead?

and what would damage vs clear to boss damage be in diffrence against Lightning Traps?

The clear, if you have your pierce enchant is pretty much the same, but the damage of lightning trap is far superior to arc traps. That's the consensus i've heard from people trying out arc trapping and going back to lightning trap.

This build is versatile though, it's not hard changing it to a miner and using different gems etc.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info