[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

E: bought it all
Last edited by Dzarke on Nov 3, 2021, 9:49:01 PM
Could you use this build as a baseline to use a arc+trap support setup instead of lightning trap?
"
Ocksi wrote:
Could you use this build as a baseline to use a arc+trap support setup instead of lightning trap?

I tried Arc trap on same setup and it's cooll coz it chains. Ltrap feels like more damege,so I stick to lightning.
E: Nevermind, I learned to read.
Last edited by H3llssc0pe on Nov 3, 2021, 11:44:50 AM
To this day, build is doing pretty good.

Howerver i think i die maybe too often. I mean i died 47 times to this date and i'm really not used to die as much. I'm already around the total amount of deaths i had on my 3.15 necormancer for the whole league. And deaths were due to Maven, the feared and some Sirus A9 shenanigans.

Physical blows seem to be my main problem as i'm sometimes litterally shred by Drox's monsters, some spider flicker strickes in delve and of course scourge mobs if i'm not looking at my nightmare stacks.

Each time i die it's a pure oneshot, nothing i can mitigate in any way as i'm often killed with rumi's up through 6478Es. Maybe still a bit low but hey, i run wrath, discipline, tempest shield, skitter, zealotry, defiance banner, clarity and i'm standing in the sigil of power.

I'm mostly one shotted when entering the nightmare realm in t14 -t16 maps becasue of the one second delay on traps AND theb fact traps are not following you when you switch realm. Which means you have to be lucky when switching and not be immediately swarmed as by the time you throw your traps and they deteonate, you're already murdered.

I must admit that i'm far from a regular trapper, so maybe i do something wrong or i didn't get somezthing about the way i'm supposed to counter that. I usually progress by constantly sending traps to the border of the screen to kill the most mobs offscreen as i can.

Is this the good way to play it or do i miss something?

I'm open to any strategy regarding this mechanic as i'm pretty well stuffed (yeah my weapon is far from exceptionnal but i got stuck by having fire res on it aaaand minus fire res boots. I thus need to craft/buy a belt which will have fire res on it and a shitton of ES. Until then i've not really been lucky on this though...)
Do monsters with "Leeches Life" go through energy shield? I ran into a pack earlier and kept getting 1 shot while my ES was still maxed. For the life of me i could not figure out what was killing me. I have Shavs so not sure what is getting through to my life..
"
Decius09 wrote:
Do monsters with "Leeches Life" go through energy shield? I ran into a pack earlier and kept getting 1 shot while my ES was still maxed. For the life of me i could not figure out what was killing me. I have Shavs so not sure what is getting through to my life..

there's a mod on excavation remnants that says monsters will kill you when below 20/30% and that is literal about the life. i never pick up those or will get instakilled since i reserve like 99% of life
Hey there... so i'm hangin out around t11-14 maps atm..... but i'm startin to feel like im hittin a wall with survivability and a little on the damage side as well.... i'm sittin at 6.2k ES. If you could take a look at my gear/gems and help me on what my next upgrades should be that would be great thanks!
"
ZackRichartz wrote:
Hey there... so i'm hangin out around t11-14 maps atm..... but i'm startin to feel like im hittin a wall with survivability and a little on the damage side as well.... i'm sittin at 6.2k ES. If you could take a look at my gear/gems and help me on what my next upgrades should be that would be great thanks!

6.2k es is quite low for doing T14-16, but in 11-13 you should be ok, if you don't run crazy mods. Mostly your problem is the same as a lot of players that try out ES builds - you underestimate how much extra ES-pool you get from making sure your gear has even just 20-30 more es on each part.

Your rings suffer badly from lack of ES. You can get a crusader ilvl 82+ base ring for 1c and throw some dense fossils and very likely hit something decent.

If you follow my gem-setup, you only need arrogance lvl 11 and defiance 15 etc, this way you can stay at str 85 requirement, which makes gearing easier, instead of str 111 req.

You also get another 220+ ES if you temper quality your amulet and probably 300 more ES if you temper quality your bated breathe. You should instantly pickup a lvl 21 lightning trap, they're 1-2c and consider quality-swapping your support gems soon with a vendor.

Lastly your shild badly needs a suffix divine. Having 3% es recover instead of 5% is like nerfing your recovery by almost half - and since the recover % is between 3-5, it's not that hard to divine it. Easiest is harvest divine where you can target suffixes only/use lucky for double chance.

p.s. replace your enchant in your wand, it doesn't work for spells:)

Hope it helps, have fun!

"
Ocksi wrote:

You could, but as Scott pointed out .. Arc is much less damage/not a good boss-killer. Great for clear though, but I'd argue so is lightning trap already. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info