[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

hello, I started this league with lightning trap, the build is really good but arriving at the red map t15, t16 I am sorely lacking in damage and I do not know how to increase the dps drastically.
that's my pob: https://pastebin.com/mek2S6FV

thx for this build and gl for this league.
"
oestergreen wrote:
"
DwaneDibbley wrote:
I have only 23c atm, switching shield would screw up my resists and im working on my crown now, which will also reduce my resists from helm. So i will have to compensate both by some high resist gloves. And losing block would force me to getting Rumi. So its not that easy/cheap.
Besides, leech works well, its little different playstyle to keep leeching but not rushing into death. (got +30% dmg while leeching node at Ethereal Feast.

If you're very hard on resists, you could temporarily pickup 12each in the chaos mastery (as u anyway have the 3 chaos points i see) - just to carry you over until you get it on other gear pieces. :)

You can check my current gear, it's by no means great, but rings like these can be picked up rather cheap and the gloves with 60ress total were 2c. I would get rumi's regardless of your situation though, just because it's such a great defensive flask. Obviously you have to decide which item you aim for first and it sounds like you're aiming for crown /w pierce, otherwise i'd just grab a crown without lab enchant for now and upgrade other pieces. The 5% es recovery is huge for defenses. Crown will still provide a nice boost in dmg and the armor it adds is great, about 12% phys mitigation.

Leech is interesting, but in my experience its not enough that we can leech to make it work proper as traps can't leech and we rely on tempest shield, but maybe you could post a vid of a map with you leeching.

So i got some weird shield with ES on block and honestly, i have died twice within 5 minutes (running T14 maps). So i get back leech (3 points for ethereal feast, probably get even that +30% damage while leeching again) and now im running leech + es on block.
Best part about leeching is covering up ES regen after spikes, which im missing on pure ES on block.
Also getting rid of Algor Mortis to balance out resists feels bad, losing chunk of damage and defence from Sap. And a little bit of Evasion was good, especialy now with defiance banner might be worth getting Algor back once i get some money for resist rings/belt.
Last edited by DwaneDibbley on Oct 31, 2021, 6:55:46 AM
Tempest shield leech is strong, but has a 10% leech cap per hit (Of your maximum energy shield).

Also these 10% are not instant, you leech 2% per second max.

You can stack multiple leech instances for up to 10% of your ES leeched per second in an optimal scenario; so basically 10% es regen/second which is huge.

You get leech "for free" anyways from the stormdrinker cluster jewel notable passive.

ES on block is much stronger because it's instant.

If you difficulties surviving try replacing zealotry with determination.

It's a dmg loss ofc, but determination is very strong now. Did it myself and have no difficulty surviving t14+ 200+ stacks scourge realm now (Static 71% phys reduction, 90% with granite flask)
Last edited by Sorafina on Oct 31, 2021, 6:36:55 AM
(edit - added the updated defenses video!)
I also updated the main POB to reflect these changes AND I've dropped arctic to focus on NOT needing ANY enlighten gem in this build (their prices are stupid high ---- READ the POB notes!!!)

https://pastebin.com/qGLjVSri

"

"
DwaneDibbley wrote:

So i got some weird shield with ES on block and honestly, i have died twice within 5 minutes (running T14 maps). So i get back leech (3 points for ethereal feast, probably get even that +30% damage while leeching again) and now im running leech + es on block.
Best part about leeching is covering up ES regen after spikes, which im missing on pure ES on block.
Also getting rid of Algor Mortis to balance out resists feels bad, losing chunk of damage and defence from Sap. And a little bit of Evasion was good, especialy now with defiance banner might be worth getting Algor back once i get some money for resist rings/belt.

I'll post some solo farming T14-16 in next vid.
If you can record, show a video of your maps w/leech please.

Are you dying to regular content, or only league content/heavily stacked corruption debuff?

I'm not sure why you struggle with regen/es-on-block. Like Sorafina points out, the strongest part of es-on-block is that it's instant, while leeching is a slow method of "recovering". Is your ES pool very low or? the 5% scales better and better the higher your es-pool is. Personally i'm NOT wearing good gear yet (you can see it in the last vid) and i'm at 7.2k es.

Last edited by oestergreen on Oct 31, 2021, 2:13:56 PM
How deal with being stunned without presence of chayula?
"
oestergreen wrote:

"
DwaneDibbley wrote:

I'll post some solo farming T14-16 in next vid.
If you can record, show a video of your maps w/leech please.

Are you dying to regular content, or only league content/heavily stacked corruption debuff?

I'm not sure why you struggle with regen/es-on-block. Like Sorafina points out, the strongest part of es-on-block is that it's instant, while leeching is a slow method of "recovering". Is your ES pool very low or? the 5% scales better and better the higher your es-pool is. Personally i'm NOT wearing good gear yet (you can see it in the last vid) and i'm at 7.2k es.

The problem was my playstyle. I was used to lifeleech and went too agressive. Yes, strenght of ES on block is being instant. Strenght of lifeleech is not being instant, which is great for damage spikes to top up my ES fast on the run. And its not that slow, theres +80% recovery speed on path to Ethereal Feast. Anyway, running both things and its smooth now. Im actualy thinking about linking tempest shield to lifeleech support since i got one free slot.

"
Sterisk wrote:
How deal with being stunned without presence of chayula?

I used Brine King pantheon (the first major). It also has faster block recovery and frozen immunity QoL.
Last edited by DwaneDibbley on Oct 31, 2021, 10:13:19 AM
Ok so build is getting stronger. Upgraded armor to 6l and got my shield at 4%

Think next is rings and gloves to upgrade.
I rarely post for help, but I'd like you to look at my gear and tell me what needs to be changed.

I feel pretty squishy, even with 6.3k ES and 52/57 block.

It feels like even with the "Recover #% of ES when you block" I still get shredded when there's too many monsters.

I'm not running your Defiance Banner setup since I'm currently leveling a level 2 Enligthen to get it to 3, but even without your setup I'm still at 38% Phys Reduction.

Not sure why I feel like I'm made out of paper... Can't even do T6 Scourge map with 2 bosses, I get instant killed.
Last edited by GriswoldsGames on Oct 31, 2021, 11:17:16 AM
"
It feels like even with the "Recover #% of ES when you block" I still get shredded when there's too many monsters.

That was exactly what i was talking about. Try getting 3 points somewhere for Ethereal feast.
Im lost for 3.16...~

which POB should we follow?

(lvl 50 & 100 tree with NOTES❗❗❗)
✔️ https://pastebin.com/qGLjVSri
POB Community Fork: https://pathofbuilding.community

This one? Or the one you just posted above

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info