[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

Well can replace my pierce amulet now
Also an easy way to make the large cluster we use.

"
Last edited by oestergreen on Oct 30, 2021, 10:24:59 AM
It's been a week now in the league, i reached lvl 88 and i'm still feeling a bit puzzled about this build.

First it performs really well in delve, heist, incursion, bestiary, lab and all regular content of the game. It's really smooth and efficient, ennemies are destroyed screens away and boss are melting in no time.

But (yeah, there had to be a but)...

When it comes to Scourge content, this is where things are becoming uglier.

On first sight, it's as efficient as in the other content, if you're not cornered as soon as you enter the nightmare realm, well you can slaughter every mob really fast. If you are cornered, well... rip. I died 28 times to this day and on those there are at least 18 deaths that are just one shot due to a swarm of mob thta comes to me at super speed as soon as i pop in the alternate realm. Physical blows obviously against which we have little defense and 5600ES to deal with it. Far too low if you don't come into the 35% block chance i have for attacks.

Then, we have to speak about the boss chase in this nightmare realm. And this is the place this build is clearly underperforming for me. The trap mechanic that makes your character stop moving EACH time you throw a trap (aka all the time) isx clearly going against the league mechanic that asks you to move fast into the realm in search of the little red dot on the minimap that indicate where the boss is. 10 sec into the realm, 4 - 5 times a map (i'm still on yellow t10 map), with a char that can progress something like 4 - 5 screens max before getting sent back to normal world really feels bad in this boss chase objective.

To put it roughly, i only found 1 boss tro this day, it was by chance because i appeared next to him (well 3 screens away but you get my point) and i wasn'ty able to even fight him because the time i moved to him, my blood counter was laready nearly expired. As soon as he began to attack with aoe, i had to back down to avoid them, i get out the zone wherein the blood counter is frozen and it expires, the boss disappeared and i couldn't get back because the map was all cleared.

Until then, i didn't find any boss even when i saw the purple bubbles or the lightning strikes i wasn't able to stray long enough to even see the red dot on the minimap. It was in dungeon map (ther design of the map itslef is aids when it comes to rush to a point) and waterways (i camed into the realm 6 times and no luck, whatever direction i walked to wasn't the good one).

So i guess i'll be playing this build now only to achieve regular content and i will simply drop league content which is only frustrating me now. If i'm not burnt in two weeks, maybe i'll be replaying the game with another build which is faster when it comes to reach a point on map but i doubt of it. It seems this league is half-thought anyway and i'm noit in mood of continuing beta-testing it XD.

Thank you anyway Oester for this build idea, i'm having fun with it when it comes to do 90% of the game. That it's not really efficient with the league content is not really a bad thing as the league is not really my kind of stuff anyway (too much rng implied and overtuned mobs for far too low rewards on a regular basis, doesn't worth my time).
Last edited by Ashandaar on Oct 30, 2021, 6:07:05 AM
I found only one boss and had no problems with him. But it was only on 100 stacks and i have slightly altered build (like using frostblink, algor mortis and ES leech as i dont have ES on block, thats kinda expensive thing).
"
DwaneDibbley wrote:
I found only one boss and had no problems with him. But it was only on 100 stacks and i have slightly altered build (like using frostblink, algor mortis and ES leech as i dont have ES on block, thats kinda expensive thing).

I would advice to grab an ilvl 86 shaper vaal spirit shield, those bases go for 3-5c. Then buy like 10-20 dense fossils at 1c each, so total investment about 25c. You have a good chance of hitting es% on block and some decent ES:) I've made a ton of those shields now and they are much easier than previous leagues because ggg removed several bad mods from the shields pool, which increases the odds of hitting the correct mod/mods we want. :)

On a sidenote, i've also encountered several scourge bosses and didn't have a problem, but that's in yellow+ maps as I haven't played enough yet to push deep reds.
I have only 23c atm, switching shield would screw up my resists and im working on my crown now, which will also reduce my resists from helm. So i will have to compensate both by some high resist gloves. And losing block would force me to getting Rumi. So its not that easy/cheap.
Besides, leech works well, its little different playstyle to keep leeching but not rushing into death. (got +30% dmg while leeching node at Ethereal Feast.
Last edited by DwaneDibbley on Oct 30, 2021, 8:38:07 AM
With recent changes to armour and evasion I wouldn't play this as non-hybrid anymore.

Building this as armour/ES Hybrid atm. With 80-90% phys mitigation and 6.5k ES, being able to facetank Sirus 8 beam, you STILL get randomly oneshot in t16 scourge realm with 100+ stacks.

Last league with ~150ex investment (+4 Shavs, 2x wrath+discipline watcher's eye) this build worked very well everywhere including feared farming, except deeper delve and wave 19/20 simulacrum.

With "pure" ES version of this build like I did last league simulacrum wave 30 will be 100% impossible.
Last edited by Sorafina on Oct 30, 2021, 9:13:53 AM
"
DwaneDibbley wrote:
I have only 23c atm, switching shield would screw up my resists and im working on my crown now, which will also reduce my resists from helm. So i will have to compensate both by some high resist gloves. And losing block would force me to getting Rumi. So its not that easy/cheap.
Besides, leech works well, its little different playstyle to keep leeching but not rushing into death. (got +30% dmg while leeching node at Ethereal Feast.

If you're very hard on resists, you could temporarily pickup 12each in the chaos mastery (as u anyway have the 3 chaos points i see) - just to carry you over until you get it on other gear pieces. :)

You can check my current gear, it's by no means great, but rings like these can be picked up rather cheap and the gloves with 60ress total were 2c. I would get rumi's regardless of your situation though, just because it's such a great defensive flask. Obviously you have to decide which item you aim for first and it sounds like you're aiming for crown /w pierce, otherwise i'd just grab a crown without lab enchant for now and upgrade other pieces. The 5% es recovery is huge for defenses. Crown will still provide a nice boost in dmg and the armor it adds is great, about 12% phys mitigation.

Leech is interesting, but in my experience its not enough that we can leech to make it work proper as traps can't leech and we rely on tempest shield, but maybe you could post a vid of a map with you leeching.
Last edited by oestergreen on Oct 30, 2021, 10:17:22 AM
I just want to again say that using vaal disc as soon as you enter the "nightmare realm" is an amazing way of countering the typical initial heavy load of damage in the "realm".

The combination of es-on-block% and vaal disc is amazing and the thing about vaal disc is that it regains charges extremely fast to be ready again.
Further, your ES-on-block scales with your es-pool, so the more ES you stack as you improve your gear, the better those 5% recovery becomes.

Very short clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R_VNE7fygg
Last edited by oestergreen on Oct 30, 2021, 10:25:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info