[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

Can we replace Trap and Mine dmg with something else? I hate the less throw speed mod
Be water, my friend.
Decided to league start this build because I've never played traps before. I play a lot of delayed damage builds (EQ, Toxic Rain, etc) so I wanted to give this a go.

While being able to pre-load traps and shotgun bosses is fun, this build is sloooooow even compared to other delayed damage builds. Without flasks, pretty much all your movespeed comes from boots. Combined with the various nerfs to second wind/movement speed in general, you have a pretty good chance of getting crushed anytime you run into a mob that charges you. For example, encountering rhoas in maps:

1) You throw trap
2) They charge you and by the time your traps land they are already past them
3) They hit you
4) If you get stunned, you die
5) If you don't get stunned, you try to move away with movement skill or something and throw more traps, but the time it takes you to throw more traps gives them time to mow you down with their superior movement speed and they hit you again
6) Go back to 3)

It was a cool experiment but this build is definitely not for me, especially since a key piece of gear before you transition is Tinkerskin and a 6L is over 6ex right now.

This is the first time I've gone traps or even leveled with traps.
I did die a lot before my first ascendancy. But after that I was all good and blasted through content.

I finished the story at LV65 without issues.

Unfortunately, you're doing it wrong if you think a 6 link tinker is required before transition. I was wearing 5 links rare till maps.

If you have speed issues then get >25% boots and a quicksilver like everyone else and use flame dash?

Hi there, I'm playing this build but got a question about keeping up my energy shield. If I look at your videos, it seems your ES regen / recharge time is often instant. What am I missing to get this effect? I got es on block shield, cluster with blood drinker... But whenever I get hit I end up running off screen because my ES recharge just doesn't start soon enough.
Any input? Thanks in advance!
"
nevr3000 wrote:
Hi there, I'm playing this build but got a question about keeping up my energy shield. If I look at your videos, it seems your ES regen / recharge time is often instant. What am I missing to get this effect? I got es on block shield, cluster with blood drinker... But whenever I get hit I end up running off screen because my ES recharge just doesn't start soon enough.
Any input? Thanks in advance!

Pyromaniac ascendancy and ES-on-block shield mod are together what makes the ES regen effect work so great :)
"
delgar89 wrote:
Can we replace Trap and Mine dmg with something else? I hate the less throw speed mod

TM DMG is so big that I doubt you'd want to remove it.

Instead, just get more trap throwing speed:)

There are multiple sources; the poe skilltree, belt crafts, shaper glove mods.

In fact you can create belts with double throwing-speed mods as you can combine for example Essence trap and mine throwing speed along with veiled/bench craft trap throwing speed on the same item.
Okay, I was finally able to switch over to LL and it feels amazing. Survivability and the dps became much better but I have one question. What's up with the light radius lol? Are we supposed to not take that node on the tree?
"
QuatroMagus wrote:
Okay, I was finally able to switch over to LL and it feels amazing. Survivability and the dps became much better but I have one question. What's up with the light radius lol? Are we supposed to not take that node on the tree?

If You want normal light radius there are 2 ways. First You can take node in tree or second, craft this light radius on rings from craft bench.
BzyxXx

SURSUM CORDA 4 LIFE
Does sheild base matter? Like do we want a certain base type for our endgame or can we just get whatever, im not sure what the difference is between them all but surely have 15% spell damage as an implicit is better than using titanium shield?
"
Towsey wrote:
Does sheild base matter? Like do we want a certain base type for our endgame or can we just get whatever, im not sure what the difference is between them all but surely have 15% spell damage as an implicit is better than using titanium shield?

The difference between them is the block chance and ES. Titanium Spirit Shield is the best shield for our build.

You can use lower ES shield with spell damage implicit if u want.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info