[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

"
i just started mapping and i feel my damage just isnt there, pob says 190k avg hit.

sure im just 70 but what would be the easiest gear upgrades for some dmg boost? all weapons i compared just gave around 20k dmg which seems nothing

got shavs but still running hybrid bc of my level, so dmg improvement skillwise will surely come but the leveling just stagnated after entering maps

€: gotta correct, wrong gem sets selected. its just 29k avg hit and weapons give me whooping 4k increase. guess i just gotta level a bit

well you've got rings that do nothing of value and you're LL but dont have pain attunment, which is 30% more spell damage for 1 point....
Hey guys, i'll make a "broad" answer to those of you saying you struggle with DMG or Surviving.

Idk why people keep asking "why controlled destruction?" ...
Is there an old POB somewhere in the guide or? ... the POB that I updated a day before 3.15 release, does not have constrolled destruction, it has pen as 6th. The gem section that I updated before 3.15.. does not have destruction, it has Pen. ..... *confused face* o.O

Ok, next point:)

We're an ES build with multiple layered defenses:
1) ES Pool easily beating health-pools which is kinda the point of ES in the first place. I'm only lvl 76 as I haven't had the time to be online but i'm running around with 3-4k ES mapping.... and doing act 1-10 and 20+ maps so far, my death counter is: 1 ... which btw came from a beyond boss;)
2) High Attack Block/Spellblock even in mediocre gear (can even reach max-cap 75/75 at later stages of gearing)
3) Regeneration (both Ascendancy and es-on-block shield later when you can afford 50c+ --- or selfcraft, i've shown on stream how to guarantee to craft es-on-block mod on a high ES shield for ~ 2ex, making the shield value around 5ex+)
4) Res cap should be easy, since we get a lot of ALL-res in our tree.
5) From our ascendancy we are ignite and shock immune.
6) We blind EVERYTHING on-hit. We auto blind ALL nearby enemies. (50% reduced hit chance from monsters and 10% less damage taken from blinded monsters that do hit us)

7) When all else fails, or you feel threatened... PRESS YOUR VAAL DISCIPLINE BUTTON! ... you don't have ANY life flasks ... so you really should have VAAL discipline in your mind as THIS IS your life flask in an ES build. When you press that button, your ES will go UP and you can almost survive any type of pressure for 3 seconds that it lasts, which should give you time to move or land traps. You do NOT even need to reserve discipline in order to USE vaal discipline.

We have all the tools. I've shown in league after league since 3.5, clearing all content, videos, updates, clearing the atlas in different levels of budget and min/max gear, ranging from doing it with merely 450k trap dmg, to doing it with 2mil+ trap dmg (which is not 2mil, since its 2mil x 3 x 9).... everything you can ask for, i've pretty much recorded it and thrown it into the video section so anyone curious can make an informed decision by watching gameplay... it's also what literally made me STREAM my league starts. :)

Trapping is not a playstyle for everyone due to the animation speed.

It is however a very strong and very tanky playstyle (for certain in this build) if you get used to benefitting from our pretty insane saboteur nodes combined with our defense(block&regen).

Throwing traps in the direction you are travelling is literally the difference of dying sometimes and never dying again (or having 1 death like me @76 cuz i thought it was brilliant doing beyond bosses with 3k es ;)

Trap throwing speed can help you "speed up" the pace, but it cannot save you from stupid deaths if you flame dash into middle of monster packs with no active traps. It really isn't that hard to get used to right-clicking in the direction you are moving and the more you do it, the more it sticks and you notice your death count stops going up.

I haven't had much time this league yet, but I've leveled from act 1 to maps deathless and it's all in the VOD on my twitch, so you can always spy on any part of the leveling process or early mapping that you'd like to. :)
"
i just started mapping and i feel my damage just isnt there, pob says 190k avg hit.

sure im just 70 but what would be the easiest gear upgrades for some dmg boost? all weapons i compared just gave around 20k dmg which seems nothing

got shavs but still running hybrid bc of my level, so dmg improvement skillwise will surely come but the leveling just stagnated after entering maps

€: gotta correct, wrong gem sets selected. its just 29k avg hit and weapons give me whooping 4k increase. guess i just gotta level a bit

Your wand is really really bad and your gear mix is all over the place mate.

You're in some hybrid stage where you didn't commit to neither LL or CI or Life, so your damage is all extremely subpar (i'm guessing your defenses too/ES, since half your gear doesn't have ES)

You need to choose if you're going LL or CI or Life and spend your currency accordingly. You don't need any exalts to get started... I showed on stream last night you can get started with literal 5 chaos and start mapping all whites+ -- literal 5c I spent on stream.

Most of my early map items are 1c or 1alch each and they all got way more ES.

Mediocre ES items are not expensive. A decent wand is not expensive, you can get 100+ %dmg with tier 2-3 added lightning to spells for 1-3c.
Your rings... replace them with rare ones. If you really need the -mana then there are rare ones with same mod that cost 1c each and has better stats.

I'll link a trade example below, just so you understand I'm not trashing you, I'm trying to help

Rings: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Expedition/7jgLq82C5

1hands:
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Expedition/EaqZzGzH5

Commit to low-life fully now that you anyway bought or dropped shavs.
Spend 1 or 2 chaos to replace each non-ES item you got and you will have 5-6k ES total with decent dps to clear yellow++ without dying. Get a proper 1hand from my trade link above and combine that with the correct gem setups in the guide, perhaps enlighten 4link setup if you can afford an enlighten gem. You'll crush the content.

Have fun

Last edited by oestergreen on Jul 28, 2021, 6:43:41 PM
well thanks a lot for the replies

i really like the build so far btw.

defences are not a problem its more like i have to be really stupid to die, so i didnt bother looking for more es gear since i dont see how that would improve my damage.

currency isnt really the issue either, im willing to fully commit to this build (ofc im not rich and cant start min maxing)

also the levels man, just got 6 more and my damage almost doubled, didnt think the scaling would kickoff right there.

aaaanyway, i bought some new stuff, guess i just should have made the transition to low life

thanks again for the insight and for the guide, cheers!
Can we use this build anyhow with Ice Trap instead of Lightning trap? But with the same tankiness. Just curious since it seems Ice Trap got popular and it looks more safe? because it freezes bosses.

Can you link to your VOD about shield crafting? can you give us a trade link for a shield like that?

Thanks a lot for your answers.
Last edited by FedeS on Jul 28, 2021, 8:37:13 PM
Have you tested cold conversion Lightning Traps at all? I realise we'd be far less tanky, but is the damage tradeoff appealing?
How important is Thread of Hope with large ring ? Should i get is as soon i get to the point i got all other important nodes or it can wait ?
"
Grotek_PS wrote:
How important is Thread of Hope with large ring ? Should i get is as soon i get to the point i got all other important nodes or it can wait ?

As far as I know, The ToH is not mandatory. It only saves you some skill points and boosts our damage + survival a lil bit.

"
FedeS wrote:
Can we use this build anyhow with Ice Trap instead of Lightning trap? But with the same tankiness. Just curious since it seems Ice Trap got popular and it looks more safe? because it freezes bosses.

Can you link to your VOD about shield crafting? can you give us a trade link for a shield like that?

Thanks a lot for your answers.

I don't think you should change to Ice trap (Because Ice trap clearing is worse than Lightning trap). But yea, it's only safer on bossing.

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Expedition/mGo9Z2rU6
Thanks for the guide, I am starting/maining this in Expedition.

I am at about t4 maps using a 4-link Lightning Trap and 3400 ES (CI), rolling nicely and seldom dying.

Originally I went with the Chain reaction ascendancy, but had to respec it for Pyromaniac for ES regen. Ever since, it is very nice.
White and yellow maps are easy but corrupted (+Maven) T14-16 maps are suddenly a whole different story imo. I'm mapping tier 14+ and I get oneshot with 4k es by blue mobs all the time, even with max block. I think we need at least 6k ES + lucky block-roll to survive but if the map also has double+ damage mods, we won't survive.

Also, don't bother with high-tier Cowards Trial maps (unless easy mob rolls) and such because you won't survive the first room with 4k ES. Skip it until we get stronger.

Even putting decoy totems and traps at the edge of the screen occasionally gets me killed by projectiles and expedition mobs killing me (semi-)offscreen sometimes. Some maps have legion mobs now that kill us off-screen it seems.

Equipping the three dragons and freezing the entire screen (and some map bosses) is by far the best choice I personally made due to almost perma freeze.

Presence of Chayula for red maps = must but it wasn't available in the first 3 days of league for a decent price so that was a huge pain and delayed going ll and 4k hp also wasn't enough.

I also wonder if it wouldn't be better to switch to ice trap instead but I'm afraid the gear and tree changes would be too much at this point and I think that lightning trap will eventually 'outscale' ice trap. I also think we shouldn't switch to ice trap.
Last edited by silverdash on Jul 29, 2021, 3:16:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info