[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

Thank you for the guide!
I have a couple questions as I’ve never played a trapper before typically mines or some cast on crit variant.

1. Is lightning trap the most damage? What about ice trap with the quality of life for the freezing.

2. Is this build endgame viable in its given state with all the nerfs. I like choosing a league starter with a high ceiling as I usually make one character.

Thank you in advance.
"
Divergent Lightning Trap has 20% chance per ball for it to return.

It doesn't do anything for single-target (any projectile in poe can only damage the same target once), but it's nice for extra clearing in maps or during maven boss summons etc. In honesty it's not needed at all, we already have insane clear, but it's a luxury thing I use in late-game sometimes for the heck of it. :)

Thank you very much !
"
Fireturd wrote:
Thank you for the guide!
I have a couple questions as I’ve never played a trapper before typically mines or some cast on crit variant.

1. Is lightning trap the most damage? What about ice trap with the quality of life for the freezing.

2. Is this build endgame viable in its given state with all the nerfs. I like choosing a league starter with a high ceiling as I usually make one character.

Thank you in advance.

1. No

2. Yes
Update;

Had time to play/stream some hours tonight:)

Tomorrow the plan is to finish acts and start mapping/show conversion to CI early mapping. Although it's a sunday I do have some plans that might be in the way, but i'm hoping to have it solved by tomorrow evening so I can stream around 7pm cest :)

So far, everything has been super smooth, in act 8 atm, no deaths, no struggles on bosses (despite using actual trash gear, some of it back from act 2-3 lol and only just recently moved from 3L to a 4L =p) But the VODS are up, so you can always go take a look if you're reading this thread and curious how this build works as a league-starter.

p.s. I haven't used Spire traps at all yet, only Lightning trap spam and then the occasional bear trap debuff for tougher bosses.

I feel like it's up to you whether you wanna have more buttons or less buttons, imo it works fine either way to stick with only using bear trap or spire traps or both, depending what you prefer.

I reached maps alittle while ago on this.

The build is solid. I've died ALOT though. I'm not blaming the build, but so more the bad balance changes combined with my more haphazard way of going through the campaign by not putting effort into keeping gear up to date

The big issue is mana cost. I have lvl 1 clarity and wrath. If I try to turn on skitterbots or discipline it's just constant mana issue and that's just a 4link so it'll be worse as i upgrade to 5-6 links.

I dont see all auras working anmore, even with enlightens and the 6% reservation node I think sacrifices will need to be made

EDIT: ok i tested and respecd 4 points to get the -mana reservation and I can run clarity lvl 1, wrath, and discipline with a 4 link. Even if I had an enlighten I dont think skitterbots would work
Last edited by DotsandDashes on Jul 24, 2021, 9:44:06 PM
"
DotsandDashes wrote:
I reached maps alittle while ago on this.

The build is solid. I've died ALOT though. I'm not blaming the build, but so more the bad balance changes combined with my more haphazard way of going through the campaign by not putting effort into keeping gear up to date

The big issue is mana cost. I have lvl 1 clarity and wrath. If I try to turn on skitterbots or discipline it's just constant mana issue and that's just a 4link so it'll be worse as i upgrade to 5-6 links.

I dont see all auras working anmore, even with enlightens and the 6% reservation node I think sacrifices will need to be made

EDIT: ok i tested and respecd 4 points to get the -mana reservation and I can run clarity lvl 1, wrath, and discipline with a 4 link. Even if I had an enlighten I dont think skitterbots would work

Usually the dying part is just needing to get used to the playstyle and then getting to a *decent* gear level. (not WOW gear or 10ex invest, but just average ok gear, 5-6k mediocre ES gear). The most important part in staying alive is simply the playstyle, getting used to drawing benefit of the huge defensives built into our ascendancy (blinding everything on-hit and having constant 10% regen running), which works best when you are used to throwing traps always in the direction you are moving/blinking, so that packs of monsters are always blinded before they get to hit you.

I'm lvl 61 only atm, no deaths and was doing everything with negative resists because I didn't work on my gear at all from act 1-7. I'm running Skitterbots, Wrath, Clarity.

I can't yet speak for the true changes of the mana multipliers they globally nerfed, but so far everything has been smooth, no mana issues that I wouldn't normally have in previous leagues in this "level of gear".

What will fix and improve my mana to the point where I usually can toss away the mana flask completely is:

+ Leveling my enlighten to lvl 3 (or buying a broken corrupted lvl 3).
+ Bench crafting -mana cost for non-channeling skills on 1 or both rings should also alleviate any mana issues.
+ Getting my block to max/picking up glancing and the remaining block points in the skill-tree combined with Mystic Bulwark for the 75% mana regen.
+ Leveling inspiration support gem = 34% reduced mana cost of our trap skill.
+ Picking up perfect crime ascendancy = 25% reduced mana cost of our trap skill.
+ Getting the sovereignty skill nodes in the tree.

There are even heist gems that reduce mana cost/reserve as well, but imo those won't be required.

Imo, start by simply replacing one of your supports for inspiration support.
I would drop pierce and use the pierce jewel from the quest in act 5.

There are many mana improvements that people don't see until they level to 85+ and invest a little time with the build and/or know the build in advance from having played it before already :)
Last edited by oestergreen on Jul 25, 2021, 5:00:05 AM
I do not understand. Does this build immediately progress from the low life version? where at the start to get so much energy shield at once? or is there a tree for the life version?
"
dboySasha wrote:
I do not understand. Does this build immediately progress from the low life version? where at the start to get so much energy shield at once? or is there a tree for the life version?

Usually the flow is that you level/league start as life, then towards the end of the acts/start of maps you collect or buy some low-level ES gear, not anything fancy, just enough to get you 4.5 - 5k ES, which means 1alch/1c per armor piece.

I league started this every league I play, including this one, so my vods are all there. I showed a bit on stream yesterday how you can easily level as life (even deathless) and then later get mediocre ES gear for not much investment at all, under 10c total, to clear maps as CI with 4-5k+ ES while saving currency for shavs in order to go low-life.

You can clear maps up to red as CI in mediocre gear, but obviously the point of this build is to go low-life and have our auras working, so it's only a question of how fast or slow your own pace is at collecting currency for a shavs. The benefit of CI is, you can start working on your ES gear, use it and improving it along the way, while you're saving up for a shavs.

Main items are:
Shavs.
Chayula amulet.
Shield with high ES and then later game, shield with ES restored on-block.

Here's a pic I made for use while leveling (it's also found under the lvl 1-28 section of the guide)

Last edited by oestergreen on Jul 25, 2021, 3:56:26 AM
"
oestergreen wrote:
"
dboySasha wrote:

Usually the flow is that you level/league start as life, then towards the end of the acts/start of maps you collect or buy some low-level ES gear, not anything fancy, just enough to get you 4.5 - 5k ES, which means 1alch/1c per armor piece.

I league started this every league I play, including this one, so my vods are all there. I showed a bit on stream yesterday how you can easily level as life (even deathless) and then later get mediocre ES gear for not much investment at all, under 10c total, to clear maps as CI with 4-5k+ ES while saving currency for shavs in order to go low-life.

You can clear maps up to red as CI in mediocre gear, but obviously the point of this build is to go low-life and have our auras working, so it's only a question of how fast or slow your own pace is at collecting currency for a shavs. The benefit of CI is, you can start working on your ES gear, use it and improving it along the way, while you're saving up for a shavs.

Main items are:
Shavs.
Chayula amulet.
Shield with high ES and then later game, shield with ES restored on-block.

Here's a pic I made for use while leveling (it's also found under the lvl 1-28 section of the guide)

Wow. thanks for such a detailed answer. now it became clear to me how to progress the build.
So I am leaguestarting this and enjoying it thus far - confused at prices this league though. Tinkerskins seem to be going for more than shavs at the moment - am I just going insane?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info