[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

The build is definitely on the squishy side if you don't go the life route. Felt really strong while leveling through the story until around act 9-10. I would highly recommend using a basalt or granite flask over a diamond flask until your gear improves.

I just hit maps and am at about 1840 health/2400 ES and ultimatums are reallllly sketchy in early mapping. Died a few times and decided I won't be doing more ultimatums only I can get stun immunity and go CI.
"
poe_shniggies wrote:
i tried a practice run through act 1, and i had a really hard time sustaining mana even with 2 mana pots for boss fights (brutus/merv)
gonna try it again with more utility (orb of storms, and lvl 8 wand craft) but even then i'm not sure it will be any better.
might start stormblast mines until after a1 and then swap to lightning trap

This build seems so weak defensively, at least while not LL. I even have all the life nodes and block nodes. About to get the blind ascendancy nodes as my uber lab but been blinding things with smoke mine and it is still squishy AF.

3k HP, 1.1kES, 68/44 block (before tempest shield). It is going so slow farming that shavs has been going up in price faster than I am earning currency on this build. level 79. :-/

"
tenshinokama wrote:
"
poe_shniggies wrote:
i tried a practice run through act 1, and i had a really hard time sustaining mana even with 2 mana pots for boss fights (brutus/merv)
gonna try it again with more utility (orb of storms, and lvl 8 wand craft) but even then i'm not sure it will be any better.

This build seems so weak defensively, at least while not LL. I even have all the life nodes and block nodes. About to get the blind ascendancy nodes as my uber lab but been blinding things with smoke mine and it is still squishy AF.

3k HP, 1.1kES, 68/44 block (before tempest shield). It is going so slow farming that shavs has been going up in price faster than I am earning currency on this build. level 79. :-/

You're doing a few things that I can see that are making it even squishier. One you picked up glancing blows. Glancing blows is hardly worth it now with ES/Life recovery on block, it's absolutely not even close to worth it if you don't have recovery on block mods. Get rid of it, it's getting you killed.

Pick up a tinkerskin until you can afford shavs imo and focus on defenses because the damage is pretty good on a 5L. Fix your flask setup to include basalt/granite and curse immunity etc.
"
tenshinokama wrote:
"
poe_shniggies wrote:

Did you read the sections in the guide about survivability?
I don't see you using Vaal discipline at all in your setup? it's up nearly every pack you clear and is repeatedly mentioned in the guide.
60/60+ block and you blind everything you hit ( = 10% reduced dmg taken and monsters have -50% hit chance)

While you are life, you obviously need life on your gear heh, I see several pieces on your character that either has extremely low, or no life at all and you're 79 doing maps.. a build alone can't make you immune to death.

I can't comment on how you play, but there is a lot of information in the guide that I feel like you've skipped entirely. 1200+ posts in the thread and if you even just read the last 50 backwards, you'll quickly get a full summary of how people found the build during the last league and nothing has changed between then and now that would affect our survivability. (in fact we got buffed last league, going from 25% chance to blind, to 100% blind on all hits)

Quick tips on NOT dying (also in the guide):
If you are life, stack life on gear, (obviously), since you've got glancing, you're still taking 65% of the dmg from blocks, so having a decent EHP is what makes glancing useful - otherwise pickup glancing later, just keep all the block nodes.
Always throw traps... always... it's your regen mechanic, as long as you are throwing traps, you are regaining life.
Don't pickup Zealot's oath until you are either CI or LL ... Zealot's mean you no longer regen any life from your ascendancy.
Always throw traps in the direction you are moving so that the next pack/screen you are dashing towards is full of blinded mobs that now have their hit chance halved, along with your other defences (block & vaal disc).
Use vaal disc, even if you can't fit to reserve discipline, the vaal effect still works and is an instant life-saving button if you're CI/LL and also works great if you're hybrid (before you can afford shavs).
Always use bear trap on bosses, it boosts your dmg when you're in rags gear and helps slow most of them.
An enduring mana flask can solve your early game/mapping mana issues and it should be enough with 1 life flask - rest of your flasks should be utility/defence.
Cheap 2alch/1c items like Rainbowstride and Bated breath has a lot of defence (tinkerskin, also 1c item in the guide, cheap and very effective as life or hybrid).
Remember your CWDT+immortal call setup, the earlier the better.
Watch my twitch sometime or any of the many many recorded videos i've put up.

Gl & hf

Last edited by oestergreen on Apr 18, 2021, 11:05:59 AM

The problem with that is the pastebin link doesnt work on the browser either. Maybe its a dns thing or w/e. im trying to fix it rn
Last edited by Shamkis on Apr 18, 2021, 1:17:50 PM
"
Shamkis wrote:

The problem with that is the pastebin link doesnt work on the browser either. Maybe its a dns thing or w/e. im trying to fix it rn

Fixed! I swaped my dns to google's and it works now
"
Shamkis wrote:
"
Shamkis wrote:

Glad to hear, enjoy the build!

Personally i had quite a few deaths over the course of the campaign, especially during ultimatums. Now after getting the blind ascendancy and shifting abit more of my gear towards ES its getting much better and i start enjoying the build.
"
Lewdz wrote:
"
Shamkis wrote:
"
Shamkis wrote:

Glad to hear, enjoy the build!

Personally i had quite a few deaths over the course of the campaign, especially during ultimatums. Now after getting the blind ascendancy and shifting abit more of my gear towards ES its getting much better and i start enjoying the build.

Blind is massive, born in shadows in general is crazy strong, also with the 10% reduced damage you take. :)

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/992209425

recent stream, going from Act8 to maps(did a few maps too), so for anyone curious what it looks like coming from leveling to maps. (i started the league a day and a half late, but i'll keep posting relevant videos and i'll stream my progress)
Last edited by oestergreen on Apr 18, 2021, 3:42:58 PM
Where's the league start PoB for the life version?

All I see is the LL Expensive stuff.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info