[3.9] Plague Assassin Venom Guy (Gyre)/ 17 Mil+ DPS / 6 Mil+ Shaper DPS / All Content / Any Map Mods

Why venom guy vs cobra lash? I've been running cobra lash mostly and keep trying out venom trying to figure out what I'm missing, but man the QoL with lash seems so much better.
I have learned alot by reading the posts here and from the orignal builder.
But there is something on my mind which i cannot seem to figure out myself.

I use Venom Gyre and you guys (or at least the most) don't use added chaos damage and this is what i do not understand.

In POB my character seems to do more damage with this gem then say for instance vile toxins or vicious projectiles. Im really curious why it is not a default support gem in the build.
"
battousaii wrote:
Why venom guy vs cobra lash? I've been running cobra lash mostly and keep trying out venom trying to figure out what I'm missing, but man the QoL with lash seems so much better.

Maybe you should try Venom gyre with more piercing then you can blast through groups.
"

I use Venom Gyre and you guys (or at least the most) don't use added chaos damage and this is what i do not understand.

In POB my character seems to do more damage with this gem then say for instance vile toxins or vicious projectiles. Im really curious why it is not a default support gem in the build.

You need to look at poison dps and not total dps. Total dps is not counting poison at all. We can ignore the total dps stat in PoB on this build. We pay attention to "total dps inc. poison" stat.
twitch.tv/VtuberLunartuna
Finally after like 30 divines i rolled a decent brutal restraint..

All on nodes already in the build-

Poison deal damage 10% faster

20% increased poison damage

5% attack and cast speed

5% movement speed x2

+20 dex x2

5% dex

dex goes from 470 to 615, chance to hit evasive from 95% to 98%

only bad one is 5% phys as extra cold.. to bad it wasnt a life roll here.

Today bought body armour and jewels. I just wanted advice on what should i change in my gear next.
Spoiler
"
wakasm wrote:

Worst case - Tabula's are cheap now, but i highly recommend trying with the gear you find and learning more about the mechanics of the game before worrying about purchasing a 6-link.

Thank you very much for all these adivces, it helped me a lot !

I have now finished the acts and trying to have a decent build. I switched to Venom Gyre and it's very fun.
Updated PoB for more accurate damage representation for culling strike from ambush and assassinate.

Added brutal restraint to jewel section. Thanks lagsmoke

Tweaked some other things mentioned in the changelog.
Last edited by Lunartuna on Oct 14, 2019, 8:30:26 PM
how do you feel about SporeGuard chest?
"
Lunartuna wrote:
"

You need to look at poison dps and not total dps. Total dps is not counting poison at all. We can ignore the total dps stat in PoB on this build. We pay attention to "total dps inc. poison" stat.

I am already looking at the poison dps. But still both the "Total damage per poison" and the "total dps inc. poison" are higher with added chaos damage.

Any clue how this can be? Vicious projectiles losses quite bad in my POB vs added chaos damage in both poison dps stats.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info