[3.9] Plague Assassin Venom Guy (Gyre)/ 17 Mil+ DPS / 6 Mil+ Shaper DPS / All Content / Any Map Mods

"
JoeyHaddyYola wrote:
Hey I don't have a pic to use pob, is there any other way for me to view your build?

Sure. Just check his character page on pathofexile.com -> https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Lunartuna/characters
BzyxXx

SURSUM CORDA 4 LIFE
"
BzyxXx wrote:
"
JoeyHaddyYola wrote:
Hey I don't have a pic to use pob, is there any other way for me to view your build?

Sure. Just check his character page on pathofexile.com -> https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Lunartuna/characters

Thanks. I have now added a pathofexile.com link to my passive tree to the build.
twitch.tv/VtuberLunartuna
Last edited by Lunartuna on Oct 11, 2019, 10:19:37 AM
"
Lunartuna wrote:
"
newclem wrote:
Hi !
Thank you for your build !

However I have a few questions.

I still don't manage to play it whitout asking for help for bosses. I need to ask for it twice just to arrive at act 4.

I was playing with the gyre and plague then I saw that you were advising to play with cobra leash however I deal even less damages...

I'm curently lvl 34 at the beginning of act 4, what should I do ?

(I am not an experienced player so my build may not be good. I also don't have the currencies for a tbula or expensive items now, you can see it in my profile https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/newclem/)

Thank you !

I can't see your characters i think its on private. But i would reccomend getting mortem morsu unique claw if you dont have it and see how it feels. it's required level is 34.

Thanks a lot for the tip, I am now act 7 easily. i think I wasn't going on the good path with my passive tree haha

However I still don't have a tabula rase or 6 links body armor and I can feel I need more and more DPS. The bosses are always hard and I need at least 3 tries to kill them... (I'm lvl 55 with 75/73/55/-20% of resitances (fire/cold/lightning/chaos)

Finally you can see my characters now !

Thank you !
"
lagsmoke wrote:
I'm using a slightly modified version of the original build still, but I will say the top jewel spot is absolutely perfect for brutal restraint timeless gem.

It's not cheap but that gem after a few divines gave me a TON of dex, 8% hp, 20% poison damage, 20% cold resist, 10% faster poison damage, 5% to blind, 5% attack speed, and 5% for frenzy charge on kill.

Question for you: I got Brutal Restraint - and you're super right. There's 0 chance a random jewel is going to give you anywhere near the bonuses this BR gives.

I got:

94 Dexterity
20% Increased Projectile Damage
Poisons you inflict deal damage 10% faster
5% chance to blind
5% chance to gain frenzy charge
25% increased critical strike chance
20% cold resistance
10% increased effect of non-curse auras

Show me a Crimson Jewel that does anywhere near that, lol...

That being said, There is a node where I would have to refund 2 passives to get to... that gives "Onslaught for 8 seconds on kill", meaning that basically you would have Onslaught on at all times.

What do you all think? Should I go for it? Or should I Divine it to try and get attack speed?

Let me know!!
Last edited by cuorebrave on Oct 11, 2019, 8:12:19 PM
I need some help! How do I run Despair, Haste( Vaal Haste), Skitterbots, Malevolence? Withering step gets activated by CWDT? Skitterbots consume a ton of mana. And even if I dont use them I cant use Despair and Mal. Playing on PS4. So no clue if that has anything to do with it.
"
newclem wrote:

However I still don't have a tabula rase or 6 links body armor and I can feel I need more and more DPS. The bosses are always hard and I need at least 3 tries to kill them... (I'm lvl 55 with 75/73/55/-20% of resitances (fire/cold/lightning/chaos)

Thank you !

Looking at your character and profile, I am guessing you are fairly new. I think you should look at some guides, because it feels like you are missing some key new player concepts like:

- Putting weapons into your secondary slot to level gems
- linking your gear
- changing the color of gear or adding jewel slots
- Rolling your gear up (like all your flasks should be magic at this point)
- How gems work and the importance of having as many on your person
- How a 4-link is better than most weapons/armors and is build enabling while leveling through the acts (5-link is godlike and 6-link is really for speed running through content)

I am guessing if you do understand some of these concepts, you might not be familiar with some of the recipes that net you things like altertions, Chromatic Orbs or Jewelers in order to accomplish some of this, or where to pick up gems from which NPCs (by act 6, you can purchase most of the gems you need for a build). You should aim to sockteting all the recommended gems to level them up as you go. You shouldn't have so many pieces of gear with only one socket and barely any empty gem slots. You also could be leveling gems in your secondary weapon slots as well.

Also, this build is an evasion build, which means, you will die a lot if you get hit since you don't have as much life and do not have armor to reduce damage and/or to block, so you are aiming to not be hit a lot. Withering step is pretty key for this build and you do not even have it on your character. This gives you elusive which will help you not get hit a lot. linking Fortify to your whirling Blades will also help you defensively, and learning some of the "On Hit" defensive set-ups will help you survive a bit more if you do get hit. At least, by act 6 you can start having all this in place.

That said... If you are new or having issues during acts, then bosses will always be a bit harder, because you have to learn the mechanics - plain and simple... that's just how POE is. Most of us have leveled 20+ characters through the acts and know them by heart... but only practice will make perfect.

While a tabula or 6-link will often make things easier or faster damagewise, you will probably have an even EASIER time learning the mechanics and sticking to appropriate level gear and getting DEFENSIVE STATS first (like life and resist) on all gear during acts 1-10 and doing your best to keep your resistances up. Keeping your flasks up to date (trading 3 up to the next level, rolling them for extra protection).

For damage while leveling for this build, You mostly only need a 4-link, plague bearer leveled, and a decent claw with good DPS stats for this build to feel good up until early maps. Having the right socket colors are key. Your 6-link is not doing you any good right now and if you can't get a good linked gear while leveling, sticking to good stat items (Life, Resistance, +Damage) in that priority order would be good, which requires IDing a lot of the dropped rares you find.

In addition, you can craft one extra mod to get extra stats to fill out what you need pretty cheaply using the crafting bench while leveling. Before a big boss, you can just throw extra life, resistance, or damage on any rare gear you have that has an extra prefix or suffix. This goes a long way while leveling and making sure you don't die, as many of the lowest level crafts are 1 cheap currency - you don't need to use the max craft you have and waste your orbs. Crafting 30 life on 5 pieces of gear will do a lot to keep you alive. Finding better life rolls on dropped gear would be even more!

As an example, I'm rocking Tier 15 maps with still just a Wasps Nest and a 5-link and missing most of the best upgrades (+1 curse) because I started late and haven't really focused on my economy at all. I am guessing I'll be able to do shaper and uber without much problem. This build does a pretty good job at being all content friendly with low investment. The hardest part about this build is getting the right amount of life... but there is nothing wrong with putting a few extra points into life nodes until you get better gear. You can always respec those points later.

Worst case - Tabula's are cheap now, but i highly recommend trying with the gear you find and learning more about the mechanics of the game before worrying about purchasing a 6-link.

Last edited by wakasm on Oct 12, 2019, 2:03:02 AM
"
dcc1997 wrote:
I need some help! How do I run Despair, Haste( Vaal Haste), Skitterbots, Malevolence? Withering step gets activated by CWDT? Skitterbots consume a ton of mana. And even if I dont use them I cant use Despair and Mal. Playing on PS4. So no clue if that has anything to do with it.

There are different variations on how to do this, it will always be a puzzle of reducing your mana reservation and different gear and abilities can give different methods to accomplish the same goal. It does depend on what gear you have access to as well. Obviously on PC trade is easier than PS4, so you may have to think more creatively, but I am not sure how good trade is on PS4/

The OP does this by using:

which gives 100% free mana reservation for despair.

He then uses Asenath's Gentle Touch to inflict temporal chains

SKitterbots is 35% Mana reservation
Malelovance is 50% Mana reservation
Despair is Free
Temporal Chains is Free (You also need the +1 to curses mod, which he gets through Oils)
Vaal Haste only uses souls, they are not using the Aura

This leaves 15% mana for skills. Which means you more than likely will need a ring that gives -X cost to skills in order to not run out of mana.

However, all of the above has other methods to accomplish the same puzzle. OP and many others have lot's of currency, and I would not consider this a very cheap build overall to accomplish everything the same way they have. It is probably a 15ex build overall. More if you really want the Best of every slot.

If you scroll through this thread, there are different variations on how people squeezed in all the auras + curses. It requires some creative thinking or cheap substitutes where you can get them... Examples such as using a Witchfire Brew Flask to administer the Despair, losing Skitterbots and using a Flask or Focus mod to administer the shock, Getting a ring that does "Curse enemies with level X despair on hit instead, getting gear crafts that lower the mana reservation, enlighten gems, etc.

There is a lot of item knowledge to learn here to really figure out the puzzle.

Keep in mind the build OP has posted is more of a "Best In Slot" build and does not do much in helping in the progression progress if you are not rich and/or do not have all the in-game item knowledge... so if you are lacking knowledge in this game, you may hit a wall unless you truly understand the concepts of why he chose what gear he did, etc.

And then at some point, some of it is personal preference. Some people like to click as little abilities as possible, while some like an active build using all hotkeys. I personally, for instance, actively use Withering Step to keep it up as much as possible + Actively use Focus and Abyssal Cry (that's 3 abilities in my hotbar).

The good news is, this build is VERY flexible in terms of finding substitutes, and ultimately, you really only need a 5 link armor, a strong claw, venom gyre, withering step, and some basic ideas on how to scale your damage and you can get through most if not all content somewhat easily. Definitely to T15. If you get both curses, then you do all content smoothly.

It might not be as smooth as OP's until you get the best in slot gear, but you'll learn a lot if you struggle with this stuff on your own.

Last edited by wakasm on Oct 12, 2019, 2:35:36 AM
Thanks. I wish there was a way to put some of these on a cast when gem. Love the build. I just struggle with the mana stuff and of course the PS4 crappy trade system. The amulet and glove right now are between 13-17ex I dont even know how to make that much. I've wasted 4 trying to fuse BOB. What can be dropped if I 5L it?
"
wakasm wrote:
"
dcc1997 wrote:

There are different variations on how to do this, it will always be a puzzle of reducing your mana reservation and different gear and abilities can give different methods to accomplish the same goal. It does depend on what gear you have access to as well. Obviously on PC trade is easier than PS4, so you may have to think more creatively, but I am not sure how good trade is on PS4/

Despair is Free
Temporal Chains is Free (You also need the +1 to curses mod, which he gets through Oils)

This leaves 15% mana for skills. Which means you more than likely will need a ring that gives -X cost to skills in order to not run out of mana.

However, all of the above has other methods to accomplish the same puzzle. OP and many others have lot's of currency, and I would not consider this a very cheap build overall to accomplish everything the same way they have. It is probably a 15ex build overall. More if you really want the Best of every slot.

If you scroll through this thread, there are different variations on how people squeezed in all the auras + curses. It requires some creative thinking or cheap substitutes where you can get them... Examples such as using a Witchfire Brew Flask to administer the Despair, losing Skitterbots and using a Flask or Focus mod to administer the shock, Getting a ring that does "Curse enemies with level X despair on hit instead, getting gear crafts that lower the mana reservation, enlighten gems, etc.

Keep in mind the build OP has posted is more of a "Best In Slot" build and does not do much in helping in the progression progress if you are not rich and/or do not have all the in-game item knowledge... so if you are lacking knowledge in this game, you may hit a wall unless you truly understand the concepts of why he chose what gear he did, etc.

And then at some point, some of it is personal preference. Some people like to click as little abilities as possible, while some like an active build using all hotkeys. I personally, for instance, actively use Withering Step to keep it up as much as possible + Actively use Focus and Abyssal Cry (that's 3 abilities in my hotbar).

The good news is, this build is VERY flexible in terms of finding substitutes, and ultimately, you really only need a 5 link armor, a strong claw, venom gyre, withering step, and some basic ideas on how to scale your damage and you can get through most if not all content somewhat easily. Definitely to T15. If you get both curses, then you do all content smoothly.

It might not be as smooth as OP's until you get the best in slot gear, but you'll learn a lot if you struggle with this stuff on your own.

"
wakasm wrote:
"
dcc1997 wrote:

Despair is Free

I just want to say thank you from the community. Thank you for explaining what people don't know rather than be an arrogant ass when someone new tries to follow a build. Thank you, and keep being awesome!
"
cuorebrave wrote:
"
lagsmoke wrote:
I'm using a slightly modified version of the original build still, but I will say the top jewel spot is absolutely perfect for brutal restraint timeless gem.

It's not cheap but that gem after a few divines gave me a TON of dex, 8% hp, 20% poison damage, 20% cold resist, 10% faster poison damage, 5% to blind, 5% attack speed, and 5% for frenzy charge on kill.

Question for you: I got Brutal Restraint - and you're super right. There's 0 chance a random jewel is going to give you anywhere near the bonuses this BR gives.

I got:

94 Dexterity
20% Increased Projectile Damage
Poisons you inflict deal damage 10% faster
5% chance to blind
5% chance to gain frenzy charge
25% increased critical strike chance
20% cold resistance
10% increased effect of non-curse auras

Show me a Crimson Jewel that does anywhere near that, lol...

That being said, There is a node where I would have to refund 2 passives to get to... that gives "Onslaught for 8 seconds on kill", meaning that basically you would have Onslaught on at all times.

What do you all think? Should I go for it? Or should I Divine it to try and get attack speed?

Let me know!!

There is def a lot of potential there. I've been divining one, a couple times in game tool tip for crit poison stack went from 17k to 20k. thats a huge damage boost. I rolled over it though trying to get one without any mods that we dont use. Hard!
twitch.tv/VtuberLunartuna

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info