[3.9] Plague Assassin Venom Guy (Gyre)/ 17 Mil+ DPS / 6 Mil+ Shaper DPS / All Content / Any Map Mods

What about Uber Atziri? Someone try it? What with reflect?
BzyxXx

SURSUM CORDA 4 LIFE
"
wakasm wrote:
"
cuorebrave wrote:

Buddy. Shockwave. You HAVE to get Asenath's.

If the explosion is all you care about then why not just use an Abyssal Cry gem? It synergizes with all the extra chaos nodes we take, and does even more damage.

Abyssal Cry - Performs a warcry, Hindering nearby enemies and causing them to explode when killed. Explosion deals Chaos Damage equal to 8% of the Monster's maximum Life

I would understand if you needed the temporal chains + the blind, but if you are using a 21/20 temporal chains gem already, the utility on these gloves fall way behind.

The problem with abyssal cry is the aoe range and casting it over and over. Which takes away from the flow and enjoyment of the build. Also you need a spot to put the gem. Asenaths can have packs exploding much further away without pressing anything extra. Asenaths is fun in how it sounds and how it looks when the packs explode.

We arent using 21/20 temp chains anymore as rank 10 from asenaths provides the same "Other effects on Cursed enemies expire 40% slower" and only lose 5% and 3% monstor slow.

"
BzyxXx wrote:
What about Uber Atziri? Someone try it? What with reflect?

We do mostly poison damage so it should be easy game. i do phys and ele relfect maps all the time and dont even notice.
twitch.tv/VtuberLunartuna
Last edited by Lunartuna on Oct 8, 2019, 6:32:11 PM
"
i do phys and ele relfect maps all the time and dont even notice.

Same here. It's super-easy. Only done temple-Atziri, but that was a cinch.
"
Lunartuna wrote:
We arent using 21/20 temp chains anymore as rank 10 from asenaths provides the same "Other effects on Cursed enemies expire 40% slower" and only lose 5% and 3% monstor slow.

The person in question literally is using the 21/20 temp chains in their build.

Just because some people use a guide for inspiration doesn't mean everyone is following it to a tee. Every single person reading these guides will be made a better player understanding what options they have.

Case in point: I'm using both Focus + Abyssal Cry and it's working out just fine. The person who they were referring to (Shockwave) also has some build differences.

That's the whole beauty of this build, there are a lot of options. I still maintain that if you are ONLY looking for the explosion effect, you might as well use Abyssal Cry and maximize the value with a different glove entirely. If you are using it for the Level 10 Temp Chains, then it gets a lot more value.
"
wakasm wrote:
"
Lunartuna wrote:

The person in question literally is using the 21/20 temp chains in their build.

Just because some people use a guide for inspiration doesn't mean everyone is following it to a tee. Every single person reading these guides will be made a better player understanding what options they have.

Case in point: I'm using both Focus + Abyssal Cry and it's working out just fine. The person who they were referring to (Shockwave) also has some build differences.

That's the whole beauty of this build, there are a lot of options. I still maintain that if you are ONLY looking for the explosion effect, you might as well use Abyssal Cry and maximize the value with a different glove entirely. If you are using it for the Level 10 Temp Chains, then it gets a lot more value.

Oh, when i looked he had what it is now, blasphemy - despair, and the third link is ice golem.

I dont think i have ever said people are expected to follow it to a tee, or at all.. i'm just pointing out what is imo the funnest way to play venom gyre and why certain gear decisions where made. If pressing 2 more buttons all the time is more fun for you then that is fantastic. Have as much fun as you can, that's what games are for.
Updated guide with final gear goal helmet and my most recent PoB.
I'm using a slightly modified version of the original build still, but I will say the top jewel spot is absolutely perfect for brutal restraint timeless gem.

It's not cheap but that gem after a few divines gave me a TON of dex, 8% hp, 20% poison damage, 20% cold resist, 10% faster poison damage, 5% to blind, 5% attack speed, and 5% for frenzy charge on kill.
Hit a nice vaal on a shield I found yesterday:

Hey I don't have a pic to use pob, is there any other way for me to view your build?
PC*

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info