[3.8] CI Mjolner CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - up to 6M Shaper DPS, 11k ES, 5k+ ES Recovery/s

"
telosei wrote:

+1 lightning gem in shield is useless i think? your lightning gem are elsewhere, not on your shield

aoe enchant don't work as you think, it dosn't provide more tick or anything, either pick bl dmg or +1 proj bl

+1 lightning gems on shield is all lightning gems on your char (seemes to exclude awakened added lightning. It doesn't seem like it adds a lot of damage in PoB though so i think it is lower priority.

I think it was stated multiple times the +1 projectiles enchant doesn't do much for us. 40% BL damage is best.
Last edited by gromkins on Jan 30, 2020, 1:47:15 PM
Has anyone tried out a dual wield version of this build? Would it be less or more DPS than sword and board? I started the league dual wielding Mjolnirs and got to 12aps and the damage felt great but the survivability wasn't the best so I decided to check the forums and found this build.

I have since switched to this build and I can't really tell the difference in damage. Also, I crafted a decent chest piece that allows an additional curse so I am currently trying out dual curse over zealotry and it seems a bit better to me damage wise but I can't quite tell. I am thinking about going back to dual wielding mainly because it fits my character's theme better :) but not sure if that's a good choice or not. I'd be really interested in seeing a PoB on a dual wield version if anyone else has tried it out.

Anyway, thanks a ton OP and all the other posters in this thread. I've learned a lot and had a lot of fun with this build so far!
Last edited by _The_Lich_King_ on Jan 30, 2020, 4:22:20 PM
Does anyone else feel like the fortify mjolner isn't adding as much to defenses as you hoped?? I feel like it hasn't made a difference and it's still a case of "if it kills me, it was gonna kill me" and vice versa.
"
sejintsume wrote:
Does anyone else feel like the fortify mjolner isn't adding as much to defenses as you hoped?? I feel like it hasn't made a difference and it's still a case of "if it kills me, it was gonna kill me" and vice versa.

tough the same at first, also some people told me so

but in reality, while running map and boss, there were a lot of case where i dropped below 2k or even 1k ES, ie there's a lot of scenary where i would have got killed if i didn't had fortify

if it wasn't the case i would not still carry my fortify mjolner, woulda sold it for 25ex and purchase one with atk spd or w/e
Do you guys mostly go for the added lightning damage / damage penetration enchant on the boots?
"
Jolo0213 wrote:
"
larsahh_ wrote:
Rolled the craziest Lethal Pride for my build after spending like 50-55 total divines. 3 nodes with 5% DD, 10% fortify, 20 strength, 5% strenght and 5% physical damage taken as fire dmg. Has also a 4th DD on Wandslinger but not worth it. If the last node, 20% physical Damage would instead been intimidate, that would been so sick!

11519 Rakiata if anybody wanna keep an eye out!

Thanks for the tip. Nabbed one on Standard at least for 2ex. Would you be able to show which nodes have which mods?

Sorry for the late reply but Tried to make 2 screenshots for you! It kinda requires you to use s Thread of Hope for better pathing with very large ring but here's 2 pictures:

Spoiler

https://imgur.com/srSk65V
https://imgur.com/ikmCDjX
Last edited by larsahh_ on Jan 30, 2020, 10:19:59 PM
"
larsahh_ wrote:
"
Jolo0213 wrote:
"
larsahh_ wrote:
Rolled the craziest Lethal Pride for my build after spending like 50-55 total divines. 3 nodes with 5% DD, 10% fortify, 20 strength, 5% strenght and 5% physical damage taken as fire dmg. Has also a 4th DD on Wandslinger but not worth it. If the last node, 20% physical Damage would instead been intimidate, that would been so sick!

11519 Rakiata if anybody wanna keep an eye out!

Thanks for the tip. Nabbed one on Standard at least for 2ex. Would you be able to show which nodes have which mods?

Sorry for the late reply but Tried to make 2 screenshots for you! It kinda requires you to use s Thread of Hope for better pathing with very large ring but here's 2 pictures:

Spoiler

https://imgur.com/srSk65V
https://imgur.com/ikmCDjX

Thanks so much! This is really helpful and yeah I can reposition my Thread of Hope. How are you liking the Raider/Assassin Ascendant?
"
Jolo0213 wrote:

Thanks so much! This is really helpful and yeah I can reposition my Thread of Hope. How are you liking the Raider/Assassin Ascendant?

It's abit different than the Assassin I leveled up to 100, slower mapper but for bossing it's amazing!
I'm not fully done with final gear, still want elusive + tailwind boots to be abit tankier! Maybe more Frenzy charges from gloves/tree and sort out my aps/cdr. So still plenty of min/maxing and there's lot of time left on the league, so looking forward to push this to 100 aswel!
Decided to give this build a try and so far its been fun. Been going thru T16 maps with it and for most part it holds up well. Except for the occasional 1 shot by a boss or a meta.

Currently done 2 of the 4 watchers at 8, trying to get other 2 to spawn.

For sure could use some increases just not 100% in what order I feel like doing.

Biggest hold up right now is feels sluggish on bosses.

Last edited by Darfel on Jan 31, 2020, 4:08:04 PM
"
gromkins wrote:
"
telosei wrote:

+1 lightning gem in shield is useless i think? your lightning gem are elsewhere, not on your shield

aoe enchant don't work as you think, it dosn't provide more tick or anything, either pick bl dmg or +1 proj bl

+1 lightning gems on shield is all lightning gems on your char (seemes to exclude awakened added lightning. It doesn't seem like it adds a lot of damage in PoB though so i think it is lower priority.

I think it was stated multiple times the +1 projectiles enchant doesn't do much for us. 40% BL damage is best.

The wording is pretty clear on this. The mod on the shield works for all "lightning spells"....

If you look at the woke gem it says it's only "lightning support".

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info