[3.8] CI Mjolner CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - up to 6M Shaper DPS, 11k ES, 5k+ ES Recovery/s

"
Darfel wrote:
Decided to give this build a try and so far its been fun. Been going thru T16 maps with it and for most part it holds up well. Except for the occasional 1 shot by a boss or a meta.

Currently done 2 of the 4 watchers at 8, trying to get other 2 to spawn.

For sure could use some increases just not 100% in what order I feel like doing.

Biggest hold up right now is feels sluggish on bosses.

Agreed. I feel really slow on bosses. In fact I'm skipping them for now. Mapping is super fun, but ya... It takes me an eternity to kill a boss, whereas with my PS Pathfinder they're dead in seconds. Just wanted to try something else, but I'll probably not stick with this build unless there's something I'm totally missing for single target. And yes I'm positioning correctly.
Personally I've found the boss damage to be super solid as I continue to gear up. Perhaps it's a bit of a late-bloomer.

I'd start by 20/20ing all gems and getting a level 21 Ball Lightning. The helm 40% damage enchant is really nice, and is probably an argument to run Ball Lightning in the weapon as well (though I agree that Arc can feel really good: personally I just run GMP when I want to focus on clear). You can catalyst Mark of the Shaper as well as Bless Orb it to improve the implicit.

Edit: Aspect of the Spider is an additional damage increase. You could also get a Zealotry Pen Watcher's Eye and use the Fenumus boots for ES on hit (as others have said, it's completely sufficient), and/or get minus enemy resists on the helmet. I'm at 6 max power charges myself which I find helps. I'm not sure how Tailwind's attack speed boost compares to the damage provided by Doryani's. Could also get Crit Multi on jewels, and divine Lethal Pride for a chance to deal double damage.
Last edited by Qikly on Jan 31, 2020, 9:29:21 PM
Is it possible to hit 100% crit chance? With charges up I'm only at 54%.

And that map mods should we avoid other than Ele reflect, enfeeble, no regen/leech?
Last edited by SHARKBAITWOOHAHA on Jan 31, 2020, 11:07:47 PM
"
Qikly wrote:
Personally I've found the boss damage to be super solid as I continue to gear up. Perhaps it's a bit of a late-bloomer.

I'd start by 20/20ing all gems and getting a level 21 Ball Lightning. The helm 40% damage enchant is really nice, and is probably an argument to run Ball Lightning in the weapon as well (though I agree that Arc can feel really good: personally I just run GMP when I want to focus on clear). You can catalyst Mark of the Shaper as well as Bless Orb it to improve the implicit.

Edit: Aspect of the Spider is an additional damage increase. You could also get a Zealotry Pen Watcher's Eye and use the Fenumus boots for ES on hit (as others have said, it's completely sufficient), and/or get minus enemy resists on the helmet. I'm at 6 max power charges myself which I find helps. I'm not sure how Tailwind's attack speed boost compares to the damage provided by Doryani's. Could also get Crit Multi on jewels, and divine Lethal Pride for a chance to deal double damage.

I have to agree. I spoke to soon. As I get gems closer to 20 and qual them boss damage is getting much better. How are you running Aspect of the spider while running Disc, Zealotry and Precision? Plus I'm sub par to others linking shit here with the Atziri shield, Watchers eye and a bottled faith. I may grab those somewhere down the road if I can afford it or am really loving this build at that point.I'm sure awakened gems are a big step up, especially the CoC one (which I found and sold earlier this league). The build is super fun though. I'd never say otherwise.
Last edited by JayCy on Feb 1, 2020, 12:20:38 AM
"

Is that including your Diamond flask? That's a huge boost.

"
JayCy wrote:
How are you running Aspect of the spider while running Disc, Zealotry and Precision? Plus I'm sub par to others linking shit here with the Atziri shield, Watchers eye and a bottled faith. I may grab those somewhere down the road if I can afford it or am really loving this build at that point.I'm sure awakened gems are a big step up, especially the CoC one (which I found and sold earlier this league). The build is super fun though. I'd never say otherwise.

With Sovereignty, the 4% reduced reservation node near CI, and a level 3 Enlighten I can comfortably run all four of those auras. I could probably stand to level Precision a bit past the lvl 4 it's currently at, but I like a comfortable mana buffer.

Yeah I've been running Awakened Ele Focus in my chest for a while now, and just bought one for Mjolner too. The extra 10% damage from the quality bonus is nice to have. Wish it had a juicy reward for hitting level 5 like some of the other Awakened gems, but such is life. I also Crusader exalt slammed T1 lightning damage on my belt.

I have a pretty dope increased max ES leech / ES on hit Watcher's Eye, which has been awesome, but could still stand to upgrade in a lot of places. Bottled Faith is likely next on the list. What I'd really like to do is move my Lethal Pride so I can get the Glancing Blows keystone, but with my current gear setup I don't think I can do so and maintain the needed strength for Mjolnir. It'd be a huge defensive layer though as with all the ES recovery one shots are the only real thing that kill me.
Last edited by Qikly on Feb 1, 2020, 3:51:03 AM
"
Qikly wrote:
"

Is that including your Diamond flask? That's a huge boost.

"
JayCy wrote:
How are you running Aspect of the spider while running Disc, Zealotry and Precision? Plus I'm sub par to others linking shit here with the Atziri shield, Watchers eye and a bottled faith. I may grab those somewhere down the road if I can afford it or am really loving this build at that point.I'm sure awakened gems are a big step up, especially the CoC one (which I found and sold earlier this league). The build is super fun though. I'd never say otherwise.

With Sovereignty, the 4% reduced reservation node near CI, and a level 3 Enlighten I can comfortably run all four of those auras. I could probably stand to level Precision a bit past the lvl 4 it's currently at, but I like a comfortable mana buffer.

Yeah I've been running Awakened Ele Focus in my chest for a while now, and just bought one for Mjolner too. The extra 10% damage from the quality bonus is nice to have. Wish it had a juicy reward for hitting level 5 like some of the other Awakened gems, but such is life. I also Crusader exalt slammed T1 lightning damage on my belt.

I have a pretty dope increased max ES leech / ES on hit Watcher's Eye, which has been awesome, but could still stand to upgrade in a lot of places. Bottled Faith is likely next on the list. What I'd really like to do is move my Lethal Pride so I can get the Glancing Blows keystone, but with my current gear setup I don't think I can do so and maintain the needed strength for Mjolnir. It'd be a huge defensive layer though as with all the ES recovery one shots are the only real thing that kill me.

Diamond flask doesn't change my crit chance in game so I'm not sure what is my actual crit chance.

Would awakened Ele focus be the best? Or awakened lightning pen/added lightning?
"

Ah you mean by Zealotry, but I see what you mean.
"

And that map mods should we avoid other than Ele reflect, enfeeble, no regen/leech?

I skip ele refelct even though we can do it with a gem swap. You should have a curse immune flask for anything like enfeeble. No regen/leach I skip but they're probably doable just fine.
Catalysts, awakened gems, and influenced items open up a lot of possibilities to min/max this build. I had a blast this season and decided to take it all the way to 100. Here's my version for Metamorph:

POB: https://pastebin.com/gkdULuCP

Major upgrades:
-Influenced belt and catalysts provide enough stats to use Aul's for Wrath and more Watcher's Eye options

-Double influenced boots with Tailwind hit APS for 14% CDR without compromising other aspects of the build

-Double influenced ring + Awakened Curse on Hit activates Mark of the Shaper with 2 curses

Last edited by Mitski_Zahard on Feb 1, 2020, 3:55:35 PM
"
Mitski_Zahard wrote:
Catalysts, awakened gems, and influenced items open up a lot of possibilities to min/max this build. I had a blast this season and decided to take it all the way to 100. Here's my version for Metamorph:

POB: https://pastebin.com/gkdULuCP

Major upgrades:
-Influenced belt and catalysts provide enough stats to use Aul's for Wrath and more Watcher's Eye options

-Double influenced boots with Tailwind hit APS for 14% CDR without compromising other aspects of the build

-Double influenced ring + Awakened Curse on Hit activates Mark of the Shaper with 2 curses

Impressive! That's like 1.5 Mirrors worth of gear? If I had to guess.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info