[3.8] CI Mjolner CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - up to 6M Shaper DPS, 11k ES, 5k+ ES Recovery/s

"
n00bfight3r wrote:
Is there a possibility to run all 3 auras + Aspect of the Spider ? In PoB I'm getting a negative unreserved mana even with Enlighten 4. If not, which should I turn off ? For Ball Lightning of course Precision is the worst. But missing that much crit chance for Cyclone might be a dps loss ?

Check my character. I run Zealotry, Aspect, Precision and Zealotry. No level 4 enlighten needed (level 3 and some reduced mana reservation nodes). My precision is leveled up since realistically I never need more than 28 mana (4 mana for cyclone which instantly regens, and enough to also hit vortex or flame dash without going OOM. You don't need anymore mana than that unless you want to run arcane surge higher than level 5.
Last edited by faytte on Jan 7, 2020, 1:03:12 PM
I noticed a lot of people in the thread are running awakened added lightning on their hammer and awakened elemental focus on their body. Is there a reason for that? Is that the best combo?
"
faytte wrote:
I noticed a lot of people in the thread are running awakened added lightning on their hammer and awakened elemental focus on their body. Is there a reason for that? Is that the best combo?

I'm going to switch once I get lvl 5 added lightning. Before level 5 it's just significantly worse than ele focus so I don't want to lose as much dps on my 6 link BL.
"
blingi wrote:
"
faytte wrote:

I'm going to switch once I get lvl 5 added lightning. Before level 5 it's just significantly worse than ele focus so I don't want to lose as much dps on my 6 link BL.

Interesting, my PoB was showing awakened ele focus as more damage, but I think my PoB fork needs to be updated.
"
faytte wrote:

One reason might be if you use Vortex with Conductivity, your lightning damage has a chance to shock. Which means, your 6L is doing much more damage. With Elemental Focus, you can't inflict ailments. Your Mainhand Ball Lightning is doing less damage than your 6L, maybe they put Added Lightning Damage in that weapon for the cost of a small dmg decrease.

Maybe try yourself with PoB and add "Enemy shocked"
Last edited by n00bfight3r on Jan 7, 2020, 2:23:53 PM
"
faytte wrote:
"
blingi wrote:
"
faytte wrote:

Interesting, my PoB was showing awakened ele focus as more damage, but I think my PoB fork needs to be updated.

Ele Focus is slightly more damage than level 5 Added Lightning, but it's a pretty small difference so I'd rather see if I can get shocks off my big hits.
Thanks a lot for this build, I'm having a lot of fun !

I was able to get my hands on this Discipline/Zealotry Watcher's Jewel for the price of a Discipline only one. The Zealotry proc of this jewel may not be that strong but it gives me 100% uptime of Arcane Surge (on bosses and rares at least).

So I'm looking for a gem to replace my Arcane Surge Support which is now useless. Any ideas ?

"
Kathovarh wrote:
Thanks a lot for this build, I'm having a lot of fun !

I was able to get my hands on this Discipline/Zealotry Watcher's Jewel for the price of a Discipline only one. The Zealotry proc of this jewel may not be that strong but it gives me 100% uptime of Arcane Surge (on bosses and rares at least).

So I'm looking for a gem to replace my Arcane Surge Support which is now useless. Any ideas ?

Might be worth going for a second curse (since we are connected to that wheel anyway).
How do we deal with stuns? Seems to be the only way I die.
livejamie
"
livejamie wrote:
How do we deal with stuns? Seems to be the only way I die.

You are immune to stun while spinning. Never stop spinning.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info