[3.8] CI Mjolner CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - up to 6M Shaper DPS, 11k ES, 5k+ ES Recovery/s

What's your opinion on Death's Door boots for this build?
I laugh at pooping dogs, just to see them get confused.
Anyone know whether fossil crafting or chaos spamming is the better method for getting a good ES shield?
And which influence do I need for +1 lightning gems? Crusader?
"
PoorLime wrote:
What's your opinion on Death's Door boots for this build?

I don't see what they would do for you. This build does not generate endurance charges, you can get more strength on a pair of rare boots. Maybe as a very budget option if you have trouble capping your resists, but you Fenumus Spinners are very cheap.
Thanks for the GMP suggestion Larsah. Switched to it and can't imagine going back. I don't switch out for T16 bosses/metamorph/guardians etc., no need to and feels like a proper CoC build with spell spam.

Currently rolling with 8400 ES and 80K+ on 6-L BL. Can check my gear here:

Gear

I think I agree with Nomad above that a "well-rolled" Lethal Pride might beat a Militant Faith but I haven't yet figured out one. I see some people say 90 str and 10% chance for double damage and that is definitely OP (would love to know the #s on that one).

I think big upgrades for me are still a Clarity Watcher's Eye. I would drop my 100 crit chance, 15 pen (Zeal/Wrath) WE any day for that ES boost because my damage is already overkill. Just need to find a good 2-stat one. Enlighten 4 will get me a point back on the skill tree and I still like my Thread of Hope location above the Witch better than the main alternatives I've seen (to the left or in b/w Scion/Shadow) though different setups need different things. One of the reasons the others don't work as well is that I really like using Chayula for stun immunity when not Cyclon'ing so I have to make up the STR from the Templar's tree.

Pantheons for Sirus I think are Arakali/Shakira. Ignite immunity on flask helps too (change out the curse one).

Corruption on Shield & helmet could be upgrades. Would love 14 CDR somewhere (belt or if awakened COC exists and works as intended) so that we can max out aps more for procs and damage. So much more to max out!
Last edited by sephonly on Jan 6, 2020, 4:42:00 PM
"
faytte wrote:
For those doing t16-Awakener 8 stuff (and end game boss fights at Awakener 8):

What uncapped resists are you using? I'm not really certain what to go for: Do I shoot for 110-113% for elemental weakness? Seems really hard with the build. Is simply being over 80% fine, and rely on wise oak uptime when that map mod comes up? Do people even factor it in?

Roll warding on one of your flasks with 2-3. Then you have Wise Oak and other flask to remove curses and that's 4-5 charges before you are vunerable! My resists are balanced at 90/90/90
Is there a PoB fork that can deal with thread of hope? It's kinda hard to compare different setups when PoB can't account for that.
Do we benefit from Pierce? or is it built into Ball lightning?
"
blingi wrote:
Is there a PoB fork that can deal with thread of hope? It's kinda hard to compare different setups when PoB can't account for that.

I edited my Thread of Hope jewel to manually add the stat lines of the nodes. When I'm home I can send my POB link so you can see. I dont have the forked version either (been a bit lazy) so I don't know any other way. Have done same with my Militant Faith Jewel (i.e. to remove the INT nodes and add the buffs from jewel).

Also don't forget that POB does not have 100% increased critical strike chance against enemies on Consecrated ground built in from Zealotry, but you will almost always have this buff up against rares/uniques.
Hey guys!

Got around 15~ ex to spend into this build, been wanting to play a CoC build for some time now.

How mandatory is fortify on hit Mjolner in order to keep things going in T15+ maps?
"
murilomuka wrote:
Hey guys!

Got around 15~ ex to spend into this build, been wanting to play a CoC build for some time now.

How mandatory is fortify on hit Mjolner in order to keep things going in T15+ maps?

Its not optional, however you can use a fortify support with cyclone and still do plenty of damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info