[3.8] CI Mjolner CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - up to 6M Shaper DPS, 11k ES, 5k+ ES Recovery/s

"
faytte wrote:

Is getting 3 separate '5% chance for double damage' on Lethal Pride along with one '1% life regen per second' on the new passive tree (with thread of hope nodes) considered good? Curious before I invest divines.

Triple "5% chance to deal double damage" is insane.
"
N0esy wrote:
"
faytte wrote:

Is getting 3 separate '5% chance for double damage' on Lethal Pride along with one '1% life regen per second' on the new passive tree (with thread of hope nodes) considered good? Curious before I invest divines.

Triple "5% chance to deal double damage" is insane.

It also has 5% strength on Golem Commander, which was not a node I was considering until today. Rakiata 14089 for anyone curious.

How can you tell if you are shocking things? From the animation only and if so what does it look like?

I need to add a lethal pride, switch to tranquility, and get a shapers mark yet but things are dying plenty fast and I never went under half my ES all of lvl 94. Doing T14-16 maps and almost always picking most juiced metamorphs. Did they make them easier or am I getting lucky?
Good build, but too slow to my taste (prefer rangers, so... ). And I failed twice to beat uber elder with 11k es so selling build. If someone need watcher's eye, hit me up

will this build benefit from awakened cast on crit? or would I need more APS as I still am struggling to understand that part
Quick question, why not go ll with shavs?
Any difference between CI and ll shavs?
IGN: RnJezusIsWithMe
There probably should be an alternate build for using the aspect boots, since aspect itself reserves 25% and will require the use of mana reservation nodes and probably a level 3 enlighten to be comfy. On the other hand it means you can run a slightly higher precision, which means the unnatural instinct stuff is not really necessary.
Is there any consensus on whether spell crit or attack crit is the better on shaper's touch?
"
Have either of you thought about double modding the 2nd ring to get the elder influence + crusader together so you can get both +lightning dmg per power charge and the shaper's mark? might be a pain to craft but could be a currency sink for top tier.

I actually crafted an Elder/Shaper ring, thinking it would activate both bonuses on Shaper's Mark.

Unfortunately, GGG seemed to make an oversight on duel-influence items. Despite ring being Elder + Shaper, it counted for NEITHER bonus.

So I imagine same logic applies for Elder + Crusader rings.

"
Are you sure? I get 5 attack speed with 3 frenzy charges and i dont feel a dps loss.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/e5pyr8/the_cyclone_cast_on_critical_strike_cooldown/

See CoC mechanis here. I see a lot of people confused about APS etc.
If you go above 6.06 APS it is a MASSIVE DPS DECREASE for any CoC build. You need 14% CDR to push this breakpoint to 7.57 APS, which is difficult to fit in this build, since Mjolner is quite slow. I'm barely under 6.0 and even with frenzy charges, I'm at 6.38, getting to 7.5 is a big investment.

Likewise, using the Awakened CoC gem is largely wasted as it is only so good because it allows the 52% CDR breakpoint to be reached, which is not a mechanic this build utilizes.

"
Quick question, why not go ll with shavs?
Any difference between CI and ll shavs?

LL will do more damage but have less ES, since you can easily get a 700ES rare chest (with a good mod). LL typically also wants a Chayula's and that would conflict with Astramentis, so will be harder to get strength.

Personally I rather have extra ES, this build already does plenty of damage. T16 bosses, metamorphs, conquerors, guardians, uber elder, Sirus... they all die so fast that I don't feel I need more DPS. If anything I'd like to have 10K ES instead of my current 9K.

"

Is there any consensus on whether spell crit or attack crit is the better on shaper's touch?

Considering I'm at 77% attack crit (90% with Diamond Flask) and 100% spell crit... we need all the attack crit you can get. Ideally you want as close to 100% attack crit as possible to maximize CoC's.
Cospri CoC Cold->Fire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2576559
Divine Ire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2459778
Last edited by KooperT on Jan 3, 2020, 10:05:20 AM
"
divinity wrote:
Good build, but too slow to my taste (prefer rangers, so... ). And I failed twice to beat uber elder with 11k es so selling build. If someone need watcher's eye, hit me up

This build never claimed to be a speedyboi, you should have read that in the guide. What makes this build strong is its ability to do content with ease, with a lot less investment than other builds. Also, you're using headhunter which really doesn't help this build all that much(if you can afford a HH, you should know that it's not an instant win button in every build), and you don't have fortify on your mjolnir. Fortify helps this build immensely, and is instantly noticeable. I ran this last league, cleared ALL content easily and hit 500 delve depth without even trying. If you enjoy being a speedyboi and have a headhunter, consider spending another 100+Exalts for the CoC Ice Nova build. I'm running it now, but it has more limits than this and you get randomly one shot.....a lot. Somayds BV build is another option if you have the currency and want to play a speedyboi melee character.
Last edited by Anointedone on Jan 3, 2020, 10:20:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info