[3.8] CI Mjolner CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - up to 6M Shaper DPS, 11k ES, 5k+ ES Recovery/s

"
FriX wrote:
Im trying to minmax as hard as i can without going for shroud, thanks koopert for the thread of hope idea. Did you consider crusader rings over elder+mark? They have lightning dmg per power charge.
Also now we get reliable frenzy charge generation on maps and bosses with Redeemer influence on chest, i feel like its better than spell or attack crit on chest, its also really easy to hit, just craft regalia with fossils and slam.

Haven't done testing on PoB but good idea, i'll check. I think it's hard to beat out 110-120%+ spelldmg and flat lightning from Shaper's Mark though.

Problem with Frenzy charges is it will put you well above the 6.0 attack speed which is a huge DPS loss, unless you can fit in 14% CDR on belt or boots, then you'd need to push attack speed to 7.5

I went with spell crit because it put my % crit from about 80-90% to 100%. 100% spell crit means I can do Ele Reflect maps, since Assassin has built in "no reflect for crits."

"
Am I missing something in regards to unnatural instinct?
It's giving us 13 AS, some cast speed (which doesn't matter) and some accuracy and movespeed.
Is it really superior to just a double or triple AS jewel? One of those could get 18-20% AS + another stat.

Jewel gives me:
13% attack speed
24% accuracy
9% movespeed
9% cast speed
14% spelldmg
17 Dex

That's about it, but movespeed is always great - you can't really get near 9% on a jewel, and we do need the accuracy. 24% global accuracy gives me 3% hit chance, from 95% to 98%. A single jewel is not providing as much as Unnatural.

Also, the cast speed isn't "completely" wasted I guess, since I do spam Flame Dash a lot.

If you compare the 3 skill points you drop for Precision, which only grants:
13% attack speed
13% cast speed
4% move speed
22% accuracy
20Dex

The jewel provides slightly more than equal 3 skill points, so it's a good trade-off. We need "some" accuracy on the tree, so if you can't afford Unnatural Instinct, I'd just pick up the Precision skill points
Cospri CoC Cold->Fire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2576559
Divine Ire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2459778
Last edited by KooperT on Jan 2, 2020, 3:44:59 PM
"
KooperT wrote:
"
FriX wrote:
Im trying to minmax as hard as i can without going for shroud, thanks koopert for the thread of hope idea. Did you consider crusader rings over elder+mark? They have lightning dmg per power charge.
Also now we get reliable frenzy charge generation on maps and bosses with Redeemer influence on chest, i feel like its better than spell or attack crit on chest, its also really easy to hit, just craft regalia with fossils and slam.

Haven't done testing on PoB but good idea, i'll check. I think it's hard to beat out 110-120%+ spelldmg and flat lightning from Shaper's Mark though.

Have either of you thought about double modding the 2nd ring to get the elder influence + crusader together so you can get both +lightning dmg per power charge and the shaper's mark? might be a pain to craft but could be a currency sink for top tier.
Last edited by Ironsentron on Jan 2, 2020, 3:54:33 PM
"
blingi wrote:
Am I missing something in regards to unnatural instinct?
It's giving us 13 AS, some cast speed (which doesn't matter) and some accuracy and movespeed.
Is it really superior to just a double or triple AS jewel? One of those could get 18-20% AS + another stat.

It 'costs' you 12 spell damage and 10 int to get (since you lose those small passives) but gain:

14 spell damage, 5 int (so a total of 4 spell damage)
12 attack speed, 5 dex
24% global attack rating
9% movement speed

Normally the life gain on hit and life would be a thing, but this now has me wondering as well.

You can get 24% global attack rating on a jewel, but getting all the other mods on there is a bit tricky. If you don't need the attack rating then it might not be that important. Someone smarter will have to respond to this I fear.
"
Ironsentron wrote:
"
KooperT wrote:
"
FriX wrote:

Have either of you thought about double modding the 2nd ring to get the elder influence + crusader together so you can get both +lightning dmg per power charge and the shaper's mark? might be a pain to craft but could be a currency sink for top tier.

I thought about it and as you said, crafting it is insane because you roll from elder, normal and crusader mods, still though its doable, im just wondering if 2 of them are worth over mark of the shaper.

"
KooperT wrote:
Problem with Frenzy charges is it will put you well above the 6.0 attack speed which is a huge DPS loss, unless you can fit in 14% CDR on belt or boots, then you'd need to push attack speed to 7.5

Are you sure? I get 5 attack speed with 3 frenzy charges and i dont feel a dps loss.
Last edited by FriX on Jan 2, 2020, 4:11:31 PM
"
CharityCase wrote:
Having trouble killing Sirus, at 6.8k ehp. Still dominating every other content in the game though...
Gear:
Spoiler

So after failing sirus twice with the above setup, I made some changes and now the fight was much much easier. The main thing I did was respec my tree a bit differently and got 7.4kehp (from 6.4k). I managed to balance all my resists. I also changed my gems a bit. The only thing I'm not sure about is if the lightning pen in my weapon slot is doing anything for bosses or if I'd be better off switching it for something else? I had innervated for mapping but I swapped it out for sirus.

Gear now:
Spoiler
Last edited by CharityCase on Jan 2, 2020, 4:18:31 PM
Planning to either make a Ball Lightning Miner or a CoC Mjolner Ball Lightning build. Was wondering which is typically better for late game bossing & mapping?

Leaning slightly towards Mjolner cause it's going to be faster movespeed but not sure if the clear is any faster. It seems safer though.

Anyone that has played both have any inputs? Greatly appreciate it!
"
KooperT wrote:

Jewel gives me:
13% attack speed
24% accuracy
9% movespeed
9% cast speed
14% spelldmg
17 Dex

That's about it, but movespeed is always great - you can't really get near 9% on a jewel, and we do need the accuracy. 24% global accuracy gives me 3% hit chance, from 95% to 98%. A single jewel is not providing as much as Unnatural.

Also, the cast speed isn't "completely" wasted I guess, since I do spam Flame Dash a lot.

13% attack speed
13% cast speed
4% move speed
22% accuracy
20Dex

The jewel provides slightly more than equal 3 skill points, so it's a good trade-off. We need "some" accuracy on the tree, so if you can't afford Unnatural Instinct, I'd just pick up the Precision skill points

It's only 2% spelldamage, not 14 since we also lose 12% we allocated on the way there.
So the relevant stats are 13% AS, 2% spelldamage, accuracy and 9% MS.
In my case I already have more than enough accuracy from golem commander and a ring, so in terms of damage, unnatural instinct loses out to a mediocre rare jewel. The movespeed is nice but this build already feels so fast that I don't think it really matters.
"
blingi wrote:
"
KooperT wrote:

Jewel gives me:
13% attack speed
24% accuracy
9% movespeed
9% cast speed
14% spelldmg
17 Dex

13% attack speed
13% cast speed
4% move speed
22% accuracy
20Dex

It's only 2% spelldamage, not 14 since we also lose 12% we allocated on the way there.
So the relevant stats are 13% AS, 2% spelldamage, accuracy and 9% MS.
In my case I already have more than enough accuracy from golem commander and a ring, so in terms of damage, unnatural instinct loses out to a mediocre rare jewel. The movespeed is nice but this build already feels so fast that I don't think it really matters.

Do you still hit the attack speed threshold for CoC to be perfect? I forget what that is exactly but recall it being a big deal.

How necessary is accuracy on your ring with golem commander?
"
blingi wrote:

Besides that, I guess it's worth keeping one that gives me 102 strength, 1% life regen und 40% fire res even if there is no double damage, right?

I think your lethal pride is good enough. Not sure about the golem nodes.

"
cryion wrote:
I'd really love some input on my character. I am unsure about in what order to update my gear. I realize there is some holes, like energy shield on chest etc.

I have no issues with T16 maps, except for the occasional one-shots.
One-shots I am concerned about are for example Purifier during phase 3. Or the architect boss in the Vaal City during delving.

I suppose this could be solved by upping the energy shield from 7.1k, which I realize is on the lower end.

Unhappy about the unlucky low tier roll on my helmet which otherwise seems pretty good.

My ES leech is pretty good, especially since I went with Light Eater for now.
But not having Watcher's Eye requires me to run this bad Aspect of the Spider amulet. I feel like a lot could be done if I had Watcher's Eye and got rid of the Aspect of the spider boots and amulet?

I guess Fortify Mjölner is an important upgrade as well, but that is a bit above what I can afford right now tbh.

Strength and resists are very tight.

I'd love some input, as I havent been playing for ages and I don't feel I can assess my situation very well.

Thank you very much!

1. Look for more resists from your Elder ring. At least, you don't need the crafted dex on it, do you?
2. I would craft a new helmet and body chest. Crafting a helm is easy because the base item is cheap unless you want the enchant. If you get +100 ES from both of these pieces, your max ES will increase by 1000.
3. I would craft a new shield, too, but crafting is harder than helm and body chest. While light of lunaris is great choice for damage, you lose ES, resists and strength. Compared to my shield which I crafted last league, Light of Lunaris gives you 9% more damage as the cost of 1000 ES, 40 cold res and 25 strength. If you really need that 9% increase in damage, you should replace some ES nodes with damage ones. This way you can get the same damage while having more ES.
"
Loje wrote:
Hello fellow spinners!

I've been playing this build last few days, only 2-3 days since i hit 68 and started and so far it's awesome. Great fun, always enjoyed cyclone and the mtx/visuals are amazing aswell.

I haven't pushed the build too far yet, haven't even gone around to do uber lab (next on my list when I can get back on), but I was wondering if someone can take a quick look at my gear and suggest the best place to upgrade and spend currency next. I've ~6 ex I can throw into it right now. I've also followed KooperT's advice and gone for the lunaris shield.

I know I don't have an enchant on my helm and my chest piece is quite low on ES, but I've just come back to the game after a long break and have a hard time finding out what's the most pressing upgrade atm :x

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Take one or two +30 strength nodes and change your anoint to Tranquility. Also, you should not use Thread of Hope until you get 4 passive points to spend.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info