[3.8] CI Mjolner CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - up to 6M Shaper DPS, 11k ES, 5k+ ES Recovery/s

"
KooperT wrote:

S
"
Are you sure? I get 5 attack speed with 3 frenzy charges and i dont feel a dps loss.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/e5pyr8/the_cyclone_cast_on_critical_strike_cooldown/

See CoC mechanis here. I see a lot of people confused about APS etc.
If you go above 6.06 APS it is a MASSIVE DPS DECREASE for any CoC build. You need 14% CDR to push this breakpoint to 7.57 APS, which is difficult to fit in this build, since Mjolner is quite slow. I'm barely under 6.0 and even with frenzy charges, I'm at 6.38, getting to 7.5 is a big investment.

Likewise, using the Awakened CoC gem is largely wasted as it is only so good because it allows the 52% CDR breakpoint to be reached, which is not a mechanic this build utilizes.

I was playing around with the numbers on PoB last night - it could be possible with a cyclone attack speed lab enchant + the old nodes (attack speed/precision) + a few jewels, to get up to 7.14aps with elusive. I like the idea of having the awakened CoC so we dont go over the threshhold with elusive buff.

I'm not sure if its worth investing in it though. Many trade-offs, when I ran the numbers I wasn't able to make it to 100% hit chance as I took points from mana reservation nodes, and rely on precision gem for the added accuracy but can only support a level 1 and thats with enlighten 4. It might be super long term pivot idea. Might still be better just throwing those points into ES nodes instead, who knows.
Could anybody give me some guidance on what to upgrade next? I'm a little lost, dont know what to focus on. Build is great so far. Here is my gear:

I have all required jewels.

Thanks in advance!

I recently started playing this build and I am enjoying it a lot. I can very easily do T16 maps without risk of dying. This is one of the tankiest builds I have ever played. A problem I am having though is my damage. It takes forever for me to kill some of the harder bosses/ metamorphs. If anyone can help me see if I am missing some crucial piece or something I would greatly appreciate it. Here is the PoB of my current character: https://pastebin.com/6qtKgK0b
"
BradyMeme wrote:
I recently started playing this build and I am enjoying it a lot. I can very easily do T16 maps without risk of dying. This is one of the tankiest builds I have ever played. A problem I am having though is my damage. It takes forever for me to kill some of the harder bosses/ metamorphs. If anyone can help me see if I am missing some crucial piece or something I would greatly appreciate it. Here is the PoB of my current character: https://pastebin.com/6qtKgK0b

Just looking at your profile I can see you aren't playing with the correct gems for starters and you're using fortify and energy leech instead of ele focus and slower projectiles which combined are 80% MORE damage from your chest ball lightning.
Do you guys reckon it's worth spending 3 passive points to get
95% critical chance for spells
15% critical multiplier for spells
5% chance to deal double damage
I have two helmets enchant, tell me which one will be the best?

"
Firestrike9 wrote:
"
BradyMeme wrote:

Just looking at your profile I can see you aren't playing with the correct gems for starters and you're using fortify and energy leech instead of ele focus and slower projectiles which combined are 80% MORE damage from your chest ball lightning.

Hmmm you are absolutely right. I don't really remember why I had those gems there instead of the ones recommended by the guide. Either way thanks this change has made everything much better!
I was looking for something to dump all the money from early league and I found this.

Thanks for this build ! Seems really tanky and powerful.

I've got 80 ex or even more if I can sell my actualy char (about 40-50ex) and i saw some people play on their chest with spell crit or attack crit.

Is it better on dps wise to get more crit on CoC or lightning ball ?
How does the Ball Lightning fires an additional projectile enchant work with CoC?
Which of the 3 BL enchants (aoe, damage, projectile) is the best for this build?
"
blingi wrote:
How does the Ball Lightning fires an additional projectile enchant work with CoC?
Which of the 3 BL enchants (aoe, damage, projectile) is the best for this build?

You shoot 4 projectiles instead of 2, i'd say its the best of them all, basically double leech and double dps

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info