[3.8] CI Mjolner CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - up to 6M Shaper DPS, 11k ES, 5k+ ES Recovery/s

Hello fellow spinners!

I've been playing this build last few days, only 2-3 days since i hit 68 and started and so far it's awesome. Great fun, always enjoyed cyclone and the mtx/visuals are amazing aswell.

I haven't pushed the build too far yet, haven't even gone around to do uber lab (next on my list when I can get back on), but I was wondering if someone can take a quick look at my gear and suggest the best place to upgrade and spend currency next. I've ~6 ex I can throw into it right now. I've also followed KooperT's advice and gone for the lunaris shield.

I know I don't have an enchant on my helm and my chest piece is quite low on ES, but I've just come back to the game after a long break and have a hard time finding out what's the most pressing upgrade atm :x

Any help is greatly appreciated!
For those interested, here's my final PoB:
https://pastebin.com/U9MRBtMt

Thread of Hope is an excellent inclusion.

Went with Awakened Added Lightning as PoB shows it has the highest DPS increase at level 5 (except Awakened Elemental Focus) - but as I mentioned previously, I think being able to shock this league will be a bigger DPS boost. I have 10% shock effect from tree, and we can theoretically get more from nodes near Heart of Thunder, but unsure of how strong Shock is since we can't simulate properly via PoB.

I am essentially "done" with this build, I don't really have much left to upgrade besides some small minmaxing on ES numbers on rares and maybe an awakened CoC (which is not a big deal for this build, as we don't push to utilize the 52% CDR breakpoint for CoC).

Very happy with this build. All content is a breeze, I've killed Sirus on A7 deathless, T16 content (and Metamorphs) all a joke. I kill metamorphs, guardians and conquerors in about 5-10 seconds. Very tanky. PoB sheet DPS numbers are insane (68K Ball Lightning hits - not even running Militant Faith).

If you want even more ludicrous DPS you can swap to Militant Faith for 21% MORE damage... insane.

I opted for the Lethal Pride 75% block route + Lunaris shield, as I really feel the block helps smooth out damage alongside 41% evasion from a Jade flask and 9K ES. As long as you don't get oneshot, and are hitting to leech, it's impossible to die.

*I should also add, I ran some Elemental Reflect maps and this build can do them EASILY. 100% crit chance = no reflect taken. Just have to be very careful on stuff like porcupines.

I've spent a good amount of currency into this build (probably at least 30-40ex), and have farmed up another 30ex or so - unfortunately not much more currency can be put into this build, so time to try something new (or push for 100).

Cospri CoC Cold->Fire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2576559
Divine Ire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2459778
Last edited by KooperT on Jan 2, 2020, 10:57:39 AM
"
KooperT wrote:

Thank you for all your input btw, m8! Highly appreciated!
Asking again in case someone else had a similar situation.
Is it worth it to pick up the golem commander wheel for 5% double damage?
3 skillpoints for 5% more damage and 70% increased golem buff + extra golem + 20% increased damage.

I get 100 strength and 40% fire res and 1% regen from this roll, so I don't think rerolling it to get easier double damage nodes would be a good idea?
Does stun really cause anyone any inconvenience?
"
KooperT wrote:
unfortunately not much more currency can be put into this build, so time to try something new (or push for 100).

On that I've to vastly disagree. :D You can more than double the dps you currently have, if you want so, it can very well act as a currency sink.
"
MrRuLight wrote:
Does stun really cause anyone any inconvenience?

You are immune to stun during Cyclone so not sure how it can inconvenience you.

"
On that I've to vastly disagree. :D You can more than double the dps you currently have, if you want so, it can very well act as a currency sink.

Not entirely sure how I can double my DPS with any more gear, unless you are inferring I switch build entirely to Trickster variant with conversion shenanigans. But at that point, it's basically a completely different build.

Most DPS I can fit in is Militant Faith but at the cost of max block.
Cospri CoC Cold->Fire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2576559
Divine Ire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2459778
Last edited by KooperT on Jan 2, 2020, 12:35:02 PM

Is getting 3 separate '5% chance for double damage' on Lethal Pride along with one '1% life regen per second' on the new passive tree (with thread of hope nodes) considered good? Curious before I invest divines.
Im trying to minmax as hard as i can without going for shroud, thanks koopert for the thread of hope idea. Did you consider crusader rings over elder+mark? They have lightning dmg per power charge.
Also now we get reliable frenzy charge generation on maps and bosses with Redeemer influence on chest, i feel like its better than spell or attack crit on chest, its also really easy to hit, just craft regalia with fossils and slam.
Am I missing something in regards to unnatural instinct?
It's giving us 13 AS, some cast speed (which doesn't matter) and some accuracy and movespeed.
Is it really superior to just a double or triple AS jewel? One of those could get 18-20% AS + another stat.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info