[3.8] CI Mjolner CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - up to 6M Shaper DPS, 11k ES, 5k+ ES Recovery/s

Is getting 3 separate '5% chance for double damage' on Lethal Pride along with one '1% life regen per second' on the new passive tree (with thread of hope nodes) considered good? Curious before I involve divines.
Last edited by faytte on Jan 2, 2020, 5:02:38 AM
Also a question about lethal pride:
Is it worth it to pick up the golem commander wheel for 5% double damage?
3 skillpoints for 5% more damage and the golem buffs. Not sure how much extra damage the second golem and buffs to effect net me.

Besides that, I guess it's worth keeping one that gives me 102 strength, 1% life regen und 40% fire res even if there is no double damage, right?
The build is cool. But nothing is written about stun, very often it leads to death. Also, could you recommend improvements? Thanks in advance!
Hello man,

Currently trying to find a new CoC build to play. I want to delve, farm T16 rather fast and farm Sirus 8.

How would CoC BL compete against typical CoC Ice nova or CoC VD?

I could have 30 ex to sink on this character, I'm trying to find the pros&cons of each build.
Hello man,

Currently trying to find a new CoC build to play. I want to delve, farm T16 rather fast and farm Sirus 8.

I could have 30 ex to sink on this character, I'm trying to find the pros&cons of each build.
Would a Shock Nova be stronger than BL?
I'd really love some input on my character. I am unsure about in what order to update my gear. I realize there is some holes, like energy shield on chest etc.

I have no issues with T16 maps, except for the occasional one-shots.
One-shots I am concerned about are for example Purifier during phase 3. Or the architect boss in the Vaal City during delving.

I suppose this could be solved by upping the energy shield from 7.1k, which I realize is on the lower end.

Unhappy about the unlucky low tier roll on my helmet which otherwise seems pretty good.

My ES leech is pretty good, especially since I went with Light Eater for now.
But not having Watcher's Eye requires me to run this bad Aspect of the Spider amulet. I feel like a lot could be done if I had Watcher's Eye and got rid of the Aspect of the spider boots and amulet?

I guess Fortify Mjölner is an important upgrade as well, but that is a bit above what I can afford right now tbh.

Strength and resists are very tight.

I'd love some input, as I havent been playing for ages and I don't feel I can assess my situation very well.

Thank you very much!
"
Discosamba wrote:
Hello man,

I've played like 10 CoC builds in past few leagues.

TLDR:
Usual CoC Cospri FB/Nova setup has IMO better AoE clear, more satisfying "frozen/shatter/Herald of Ice" stuff going on, safer mapping due to everything being frozen and corpses shattering (porcupines, corpse explosion, etc.)

Ball Lightning however is far superior single target (bossing) in terms of both DPS and sustain (more hits/second than Cospri FB/Nova = more ES/Hit).

Never played VD so can't comment.

"
Would a Shock Nova be stronger than BL?

No way. Shock nova is garbage. Main reason to run BL is it hits many times per cast for more ES/Hit. Shock Nova hits 1 time. Even Cospri CoC is superior as each cast produces multiple Ice Novas on your Frostbolts = more hits/second.

"
My ES leech is pretty good, especially since I went with Light Eater for now.
But not having Watcher's Eye requires me to run this bad Aspect of the Spider amulet. I feel like a lot could be done if I had Watcher's Eye and got rid of the Aspect of the spider boots and amulet?

I guess Fortify Mjölner is an important upgrade as well, but that is a bit above what I can afford right now tbh.

Fortify Mjolner was a bigger upgrade (defensively) for me than the Watcher's Eye. Fenumus Spinnerets are very strong - 20 ES/Hit is more than enough and the 10 extra ES from the WE isn't that significant (compared to 100% uptime Fortify).

Even after getting the WE, I stuck to using the Fenumus boots for a while as 50ES/Hit was absolutely amazing. I just swapped them out after a full gear revamp to bump my ES up to 9K+
Cospri CoC Cold->Fire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2576559
Divine Ire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2459778
"
KooperT wrote:

Fortify Mjolner was a bigger upgrade (defensively) for me than the Watcher's Eye. Fenumus Spinnerets are very strong - 20 ES/Hit is more than enough and the 10 extra ES from the WE isn't that significant (compared to 100% uptime Fortify).

Wait, WE gives (looking at yours) 28 ES on hit. Why are you saying 10?
"
cryion wrote:
"
KooperT wrote:

Wait, WE gives (looking at yours) 28 ES on hit. Why are you saying 10?

I mean swapping from a Fenumus Boot to a WE is only a 10 ES/Hit difference.
People are concerned that the WE is mandatory when it really isn't - the Fenumus boots are more than suitable on a budget.
Cospri CoC Cold->Fire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2576559
Divine Ire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2459778

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info