[3.8] CI Mjolner CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - up to 6M Shaper DPS, 11k ES, 5k+ ES Recovery/s

I was able to make the new passive tree work, with a couple tweaks to get extra jewel sockets that would cover the resists.

Ideally it would have been nice to get the extra spell damage converting MoM; but in the end I couldn't also pick up extra power charges. I think dropping the thread of hope jewel, and the other spare jewel spot - to get the two extra power charges 3% more dmg per plus the crit - is better overall dps. I also wanted to fit in aspect of spider, which is a large boost.

Any thoughts?
"
Deltaspirit wrote:
Hey guys fairly new player here, just made my coc cospri's assassin into this build and already it feels quite good.

What I struggle with is after getting the basics of the build, I always have a tough time knowing what I should be upgrading.

This could be out of line, but I was wondering if someone could look at at my character, and sort of give me an ordered list of what I should be upgrading?

(i.e should i get the watcher's eye first, or do i get a new weapon with the fortify on hit?)

Thank you so much for your time in advance. Much appreciated!

Hi, make your profile public. For now, no one can see your character.
I would look for Watcher's eye first, but you know your situation better than me.
Are you getting one shot? Get fortify-on-hit Mjolner. Do you want more sustain? Buy Watcher's eye.

"
n00bfight3r wrote:
If I have a stronger Ball Lightning Gem, where do I use him ? In my weapon or my chest ? My first thought was in weapon cause of the 100% more spell damage.

Socket the stronger ball lightning gem in your chest. In general, the body armour setup deals slightly more damage. Mjolner has 100% INCREASED damage, not more.

"
faytte wrote:
So being careful I think I was able to make a set today that will cap resist with the new passive tree. It meant taking some less than GG gear (660 ES chest, 280 head, 270 shield) and not getting all the desired damage stats but focusing on resists. In total it all cost 13 EX though I still have to buy lethal pride, thread of hope--so another 4 ex. This also is without a watchers eye, but using the fem boots instead.

Overall pretty happy with the cost in retrospect, and was too quick in dismissing the new passive tree as being unattainable. Certainly nothing you could league start with. Going to start leveling a shadow to make use of the gear now:

Question--How to level? Arc Mines? Lightning/Flame Trap?

There are too many ways to level, so all I can say is everything works. You can follow another build guide until you are ready to switch to this build.

"
Ironsentron wrote:
I was able to make the new passive tree work, with a couple tweaks to get extra jewel sockets that would cover the resists.

Ideally it would have been nice to get the extra spell damage converting MoM; but in the end I couldn't also pick up extra power charges. I think dropping the thread of hope jewel, and the other spare jewel spot - to get the two extra power charges 3% more dmg per plus the crit - is better overall dps. I also wanted to fit in aspect of spider, which is a large boost.

Any thoughts?

Your suggestion is good if you want to go for pure DPS. The downside is that 1) you sacrifice tankiness and 2) getting 412 strength without Lethal Pride is hard.
"
N0esy wrote:
"
Deltaspirit wrote:
Hey guys fairly new player here, just made my coc cospri's assassin into this build and already it feels quite good.

What I struggle with is after getting the basics of the build, I always have a tough time knowing what I should be upgrading.

This could be out of line, but I was wondering if someone could look at at my character, and sort of give me an ordered list of what I should be upgrading?

(i.e should i get the watcher's eye first, or do i get a new weapon with the fortify on hit?)

Thank you so much for your time in advance. Much appreciated!

Hi, make your profile public. For now, no one can see your character.
I would look for Watcher's eye first, but you know your situation better than me.
Are you getting one shot? Get fortify-on-hit Mjolner. Do you want more sustain? Buy Watcher's eye.

Sorry about that, I thought it was public! should be fixed now.

I do get one shot, though I also think my sustain could be better. Also I think my ES could be way higher? Or is it better to buy 21 lvl gems? (my dmg is kinda low it feels) Or do I get the shaper ring thing?

Basically I've played for like 5 leagues now and I always get to this point (t14 maps) then I can never get to the next step, I really just want to do all the bosses and stuffs :)

Thanks again for your time.

Oh also, I have 10 ex right now if that changes anything.
"
Deltaspirit wrote:
though I also think my sustain could be better. Also I think my ES could be way higher? Or is it better to buy 21 lvl gems? (my dmg is kinda low it feels) Or do I get the shaper ring thing?

Basically I've played for like 5 leagues now and I always get to this point (t14 maps) then I can never get to the next step, I really just want to do all the bosses and stuffs :)

Ok, there are a lot of things you can improve. Watcher's eye and fortify-on-hit Mjolner are lower priority.

1. Use the suggested flasks. In this game, flasks are very strong. Don't underestimate them. At least replace the life flasks!
2. Buy a non-corrupted Astramentis. Anoint Tranquility and use attribute catalysts on it. This will be a huge upgrade.
3. Buy a 6-linked vaal regalia with the item level of 86 or higher and 30% quality
and craft it with a dense fossil. You'll find >700 ES within 100 trials unless you are super unlucky. Dense fossils are very cheap, so the crafting itself won't cost too much.
4. Buy level 21, 0 quality ball lightning gems. They are better than 20/20 gems. Another tip is that you can socket 6 ball lightning gems in the weapon swap slot to level them. This is what many players do to make 21/20 gems.
5. I would craft another helmet using dense + metallic fossils.
6. Assuming that you want to use the "double block chance" keystone, use divine orbs on Lethal Pride until the mod becomes "Commanded leadership over xxx warriors under KILOAVA".
"
N0esy wrote:
"
Deltaspirit wrote:
though I also think my sustain could be better. Also I think my ES could be way higher? Or is it better to buy 21 lvl gems? (my dmg is kinda low it feels) Or do I get the shaper ring thing?

Ok, there are a lot of things you can improve. Watcher's eye and fortify-on-hit Mjolner are lower priority.

1. Use the suggested flasks. In this game, flasks are very strong. Don't underestimate them. At least replace the life flasks!
2. Buy a non-corrupted Astramentis. Anoint Tranquility and use attribute catalysts on it. This will be a huge upgrade.
3. Buy a 6-linked vaal regalia with the item level of 86 or higher and 30% quality
and craft it with a dense fossil. You'll find >700 ES within 100 trials unless you are super unlucky. Dense fossils are very cheap, so the crafting itself won't cost too much.
4. Buy level 21, 0 quality ball lightning gems. They are better than 20/20 gems. Another tip is that you can socket 6 ball lightning gems in the weapon swap slot to level them. This is what many players do to make 21/20 gems.
6. Assuming that you want to use the "double block chance" keystone, use divine orbs on Lethal Pride until the mod becomes "Commanded leadership over xxx warriors under KILOAVA".

Thank you so much for your time, it is very much appreciated. Looks like I have a lot of research to do, because I know NOTHING about crafting lol, it's kind of scared me up until now!

Thanks again!
"
N0esy wrote:
"
Deltaspirit wrote:

For the chest and helmet, do i buy regular versions (like white ones?) I'm a bit confused on this step, thanks again!
"
Deltaspirit wrote:

For the chest and helmet, do i buy regular versions (like white ones?) I'm a bit confused on this step, thanks again!

The rarity does not matter because you can use an orb of scouring to make it white when needed.
Make sure you buy a chest that has 30% quality without the increased quality suffix.
For helmets, the choice of the base item is kind of difficult. If you don't care the enchant, you can just buy level 86 Hubris Circlet. If you want the enchant, you'll have to choose a lower level helm.
Last edited by N0esy on Jan 2, 2020, 12:01:29 AM
"
N0esy wrote:

"
Ironsentron wrote:

Any thoughts?

Your suggestion is good if you want to go for pure DPS. The downside is that 1) you sacrifice tankiness and 2) getting 412 strength without Lethal Pride is hard.

Yeah getting the strength was difficult - went with a Crystal Elder belt with % attributes and flat strength with ES (can also use hunter influence for same % stats).

Not sure if I like the trade-off of ES vs Regen (about 900 ES with my current gear vs 9,000 avg hit on main-link Ball Lightning). Feels like going from 7,700 ES to 8,600 isn't a huge difference with the current content. It might make a difference if it was going from 9 to 10k or 10k to 11k to avoid dying - but most of the time its shit you cant see in metamorphs that kills faster than the ES on hit.

I got some work to do getting a higher ES chest and shield for now I suppose. Even currently its not too bad and I can survive most things or kill them faster than they get a chance, even t16. Other than that I'm sure the fortify Mjolnir would help, that thing is super expensive and the non-corrupted versions are hiking in price.

Last edited by Ironsentron on Jan 2, 2020, 1:44:31 AM
I really love the idea of this build. I'm kinda new to CoC stuff so I don't know why my damage is low even tho I'm close to what the build should look like. Here's my POB if someone wants to look at it. https://pastebin.com/1nVbZXKp. I know the gems are one of the problem but it's an easy work but i dont think that's the root of the problem.
"
meimuri00 wrote:
I really love the idea of this build. I'm kinda new to CoC stuff so I don't know why my damage is low even tho I'm close to what the build should look like. Here's my POB if someone wants to look at it. https://pastebin.com/1nVbZXKp. I know the gems are one of the problem but it's an easy work but i dont think that's the root of the problem.

The major reason is the low gem level/quality. If you max gem levels and quality, your dps will be roughly doubled. Additionally, your attack speed is low because you don't have Unnatural Instinct.

Another issue I found is the Blast Radius node you took. Keep in mind that area damage does NOT affect ball lightning, so you spent 2 points for 10% increased area of effect. This is very weak unless the extra mod from Lethal Pride is exceptionally good.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info