[3.8] CI Mjolner CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - up to 6M Shaper DPS, 11k ES, 5k+ ES Recovery/s

Awesome guide. Tried it out in Standard before the league and really loved it. I didn't play anything the last 2 leagues so I missed the whole Cycone meta.
Just recently I got the setup running after being Arc Miner/LL Icicle miner for the first 2 weeks of the league. Farmed up a big chunk of currency and now running a LL version of the build. I've always been a big fan of LL builds and there is so much you can do with it.

Currently running all purities for 82/82/83, about 8k ES, Flesh and Stone for blind and reduced dmg instead of Spider but not 100% sure I stick with it.
DPS numbers are really high but still trying out with Awakened Added lightning on main setup instead of Lightning Pen/Ele focus. Just to see if I can Shock tougher bosses with the insane dps I have.

About 80 Ex spent on the gear/gems etc, (some stuff selfcrafted) But it's just end of second week so there is lot of room to improve gearing wise and make it something very powerful.
How do ya'all deal with the freezing boss? half the time I keep getting frozen and end up dying (They don't spawn adds so, no flask at a certain point in time, thinking of getting elder dream fragment, not sure if its worth it tho)
Last edited by PandaZeus on Dec 27, 2019, 8:26:05 PM
Sirus & Uber Elder down with the build, some modifications were made by me..
https://youtu.be/8Pk4p1mISgk
https://youtu.be/y6cFO0-3i9Q
IGN: MENT

https://github.com/ment2008/POE/releases - My Loot Filter
Last edited by ment2008 on Dec 27, 2019, 10:09:15 PM
Done Shaper, Elder and Sirius today. Good day at the office :)
Last edited by kaldaskeren on Dec 27, 2019, 9:07:22 PM
Looks like a really good take on CoC. For those playing it, how is the map clear speed and tankiness feel like?
How does the map clear feel? Do you think replacing the ball lightning in the mjolnir with arc for better clear would be good or just hurt single target too much? Or potentially doing ball lightning ele focus arc in the mjolnir? Also thoughts on making an explosion ES chest for this for clear?
Hi. This build work without watcher eyes? Because in this league is too expensive
Killed Sirius on awakening level 8 deathless and uber elder no problem either. Thanks for a great build, such a tanky char with awesome mapping speed.
"
Huntss wrote:
How does the map clear feel? Do you think replacing the ball lightning in the mjolnir with arc for better clear would be good or just hurt single target too much? Or potentially doing ball lightning ele focus arc in the mjolnir? Also thoughts on making an explosion ES chest for this for clear?

The mapclear is *very* very good. For me its one of the fastest chars i ever played.
I strongly advise against arc, it will lower your clearspeed, not increase it. Arc hits a limited number of monster (7?), ball of lightning hits everything. Its just plain better.
Best way to increase your clearspeed is to leave slower projectiles out, and if thats still not enough, but greater multiple projectiles in.

Explosion: Waste of an slot on the armour, in my opinion. The clear is already so good, you dont need it. I wouldnt even take it if it was a gift, because other things are just better.
"
victorgonz18 wrote:
Hi. This build work without watcher eyes? Because in this league is too expensive

Yes, but you need ES on hit from another source.
Use the Spiderboots + Spider Aspect, that will carry you up to and including T16.
"
Cassla wrote:

Use the Spiderboots + Spider Aspect, that will carry you up to and including T16.

Is this enough es on hit to handle the rippiest of metamorphs and end game bosses? I as well em very interested in this build, but with the cheapest watchers eye with es on hit being about 11-13 EX alone it's made me worry about pursuing the build.

Also would anyone mind uploading a high rolled t16 map clear video in 3.9? The only ones I've seen are from 3.8, and the game is a lot more difficult to melee now so I was curious just how fast it can clear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info