[3.8] CI Mjolner CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - up to 6M Shaper DPS, 11k ES, 5k+ ES Recovery/s

For leveling, I did freezing pulse 2-12, arc 12-28, ball lightning 28-38, then went CoC.

When I made the swap to CoC I ended up just buying some cheap high crit (8.2%ish) dagger and grabbed the Nightstalker dagger crit cluster. Used that same dagger until I swapped to Mjolner at 60. I think I ended up going CI at the low 70s when I was able to buy a 6l vaal regalia.
IGN: Vortexbern
"
EzraCrack wrote:
Hi ,

Thanks for the build !

I would like to know what i can change / do to get more Offensive power... I feel that i am not close at all with your 6m shaper dps... Can you help me and check out what i can change ?

https://pastebin.com/yvET8eZn

thanks

The pastebin doesn't work for me...
1. The easiest upgrade (but expensive) would be tranquility anoint and aspect of the spider (need level 4 enlighten).
2. -9 lightning res from your helmet.
3. Use Militant Faith and convert Minion Instability keystone to Inner Conviction. This keystone gives you 15% more damage that scales even more if you invest in power charges. This is better than Lethal Pride if you can get enough strength without it.
4. The mana reservation cluster is not good for now because you don't need reduced mana reservation now. Respec them and take some damage nodes, like the Disciple of the Forbidden cluster. After that, you can take +1 to maximum power charges nodes to further increase your DPS.
"
KooperT wrote:

1) Crit chance is quite low, for a CoC build. Sure we easily have 95-100% accuracy but crit chance I see for most people is 50-60% unbuffed and 80% with diamond flask. At 50% that's 1/2 of your hits actually proccing LB... seems wasteful.

Don't forget that you get 100% increased crit chance from consecrated ground, which is not calculated in PoB. If you take this into account, you have 90+ crit chance during the effect of diamond flask. In my opinion, further investment in crit chance is inefficient.

Unlike Cospri ice nova, this build doesn't need high crit chance to kill normal/magic monsters (against which you can't create consecrated ground) because Mjolner procs socketed spells on hit, not on crit.

@c0debr3ak
Thanks for the videos, I will add them later.
Hello
Thanks for the guide, this build is quite strong that I can clear the T16 easily or kill sirus (can do it deathless if carefully)
But there is one proplem is that when mapping I am sometime being one shot by boss or meta because we cant avoid hit and hardly to level up
Which is best Cwdt for this buld, currently I level the gem to max with steel skin and wave of convinction. Or low level cwdt immotal call is better
And what do i need to upgrade my build
"
xxtntctxx wrote:
Hello
Thanks for the guide, this build is quite strong that I can clear the T16 easily or kill sirus (can do it deathless if carefully)
But there is one proplem is that when mapping I am sometime being one shot by boss or meta because we cant avoid hit and hardly to level up
Which is best Cwdt for this buld, currently I level the gem to max with steel skin and wave of convinction. Or low level cwdt immotal call is better

You are not getting one shot, you are getting bursted instantly and theres a difference.

The reason you are dying is because you are lacking the core defensive mechanic of the build - The Watcher's Eye.

Read the first page again to understand why it's so important.
So I crafted this monstrosity last night - Unfortunately I slammed life regen as usual, but seems to be a good inclusion if I can figure out where to put resists.

Already struggling to cap resistances without using 2 rare rings. I guess eventually i'll craft a good helm with -9% enemy resistances and some resistances which should help, but then i'd have to anoint Tranquility instead of Divine Judgement.

I'm trying to understand why Doryani's Delusion is the boot of choice for this build. While it does add some lightning damage, it's a rather minimal amount - PoB shows a 3.9% more damage increase for me using this boot. The rest of the stats aren't even used (life, purity of lightning, etc.) and the ES is ok but you can roll a similar rare boot with some resists, str, or some of the crazy new mods if you are rich (tailwind, elusive, etc.)

Alternatively, the budget version called for Fenumus Spinnerets which seems like an excellent choice on this ES-on-hit stacking build. Is it just overkill to have both Fenumus and Watcher Eye? While the ES on Hit Watcher's Eye gives 30, you get another 20 from these boots, which is a huge bump giving you 50/hit total. In addition it allows you to inflict 1 more spider web, which is actually similar DPS increase as Doryani (PoB shows about 3.5% more damage, instead of 3.9% from Doryani). So for a very small damage decrease you gain almost 60-65% more ES/Hit which seems quite significant?

Either way 3-4% more damage from boot slot is minimal - it may be better to just run with a well-rolled rare boot with str and/or resistances so that you can focus more DPS stats onto your ring(s), amulet, etc. I've noticed getting resistances capped is a bit challenging, you need to get some from your jewels - so same logic applies, if you can get more resists on boot, you can get 1 more offensive modifier on your jewels instead of resists.

I do like the idea of running Militant Faith & grabbing Disciple of Forbidden, overall it's a big DPS increase but you lose max block. Which Devotion bonus do you recommend?
Cospri CoC Cold->Fire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2576559
Divine Ire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2459778
Last edited by KooperT on Dec 27, 2019, 10:42:08 AM
"
N0esy wrote:
"
EzraCrack wrote:
Hi ,

Thanks for the build !

I would like to know what i can change / do to get more Offensive power... I feel that i am not close at all with your 6m shaper dps... Can you help me and check out what i can change ?

https://pastebin.com/yvET8eZn

thanks

The pastebin doesn't work for me...
1. The easiest upgrade (but expensive) would be tranquility anoint and aspect of the spider (need level 4 enlighten).
2. -9 lightning res from your helmet.
3. Use Militant Faith and convert Minion Instability keystone to Inner Conviction. This keystone gives you 15% more damage that scales even more if you invest in power charges. This is better than Lethal Pride if you can get enough strength without it.
4. The mana reservation cluster is not good for now because you don't need reduced mana reservation now. Respec them and take some damage nodes, like the Disciple of the Forbidden cluster. After that, you can take +1 to maximum power charges nodes to further increase your DPS.

Thanks alot , ill work on this :)
"
KooperT wrote:
So I crafted this monstrosity last night - Unfortunately I slammed life regen as usual, but seems to be a good inclusion if I can figure out where to put resists.

Already struggling to cap resistances without using 2 rare rings. I guess eventually i'll craft a good helm with -9% enemy resistances and some resistances which should help, but then i'd have to anoint Tranquility instead of Divine Judgement.

I'm trying to understand why Doryani's Delusion is the boot of choice for this build. While it does add some lightning damage, it's a rather minimal amount - PoB shows a 3.9% more damage increase for me using this boot. The rest of the stats aren't even used (life, purity of lightning, etc.) and the ES is ok but you can roll a similar rare boot with some resists, str, or some of the crazy new mods if you are rich (tailwind, elusive, etc.)

Alternatively, the budget version called for Fenumus Spinnerets which seems like an excellent choice on this ES-on-hit stacking build. Is it just overkill to have both Fenumus and Watcher Eye? While the ES on Hit Watcher's Eye gives 30, you get another 20 from these boots, which is a huge bump giving you 50/hit total. In addition it allows you to inflict 1 more spider web, which is actually similar DPS increase as Doryani (PoB shows about 3.5% more damage, instead of 3.9% from Doryani). So for a very small damage decrease you gain almost 60-65% more ES/Hit which seems quite significant?

Either way 3-4% more damage from boot slot is minimal - it may be better to just run with a well-rolled rare boot with str and/or resistances so that you can focus more DPS stats onto your ring(s), amulet, etc. I've noticed getting resistances capped is a bit challenging, you need to get some from your jewels - so same logic applies, if you can get more resists on boot, you can get 1 more offensive modifier on your jewels instead of resists.

I do like the idea of running Militant Faith & grabbing Disciple of Forbidden, overall it's a big DPS increase but you lose max block. Which Devotion bonus do you recommend?

I too have been wondering why doryani's delusion is the boots of choice. I've kept to the spider boots for the survivability thus far and am finding it hard to swap to anything else other than a rare with lots of ES and resists. Is the PoB dps calc correct for doryani's delusion?

Also, thank you OP for recommending this build.. ive never done CoC before despite having played this game for thousands of hours.
crafted this piece last night yolo slamming a hunters orb

and also managed to do this to my mjolnir after around 60 tries

currently standing at 9.2k ES and hoping to boost that higher after getting the ES on hit watchers eye and maybe swapping to a rare boots
"
ciggaro wrote:
"
KooperT wrote:

I too have been wondering why doryani's delusion is the boots of choice. I've kept to the spider boots for the survivability thus far and am finding it hard to swap to anything else other than a rare with lots of ES and resists. Is the PoB dps calc correct for doryani's delusion?

Also, thank you OP for recommending this build.. ive never done CoC before despite having played this game for thousands of hours.
crafted this piece last night yolo slamming a hunters orb

and also managed to do this to my mjolnir after around 60 tries

currently standing at 9.2k ES and hoping to boost that higher after getting the ES on hit watchers eye and maybe swapping to a rare boots

How do you craft an es chest these days ? Just spam fossils ? If that's the case what fossils ?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987
"
Firestrike9 wrote:
"
xxtntctxx wrote:
Hello

You are not getting one shot, you are getting bursted instantly and theres a difference.

The reason you are dying is because you are lacking the core defensive mechanic of the build - The Watcher's Eye.

Read the first page again to understand why it's so important.

Trust me, you still get literally 1 shot by them sometimes. There are couple mods to watch out. Also Frenzy on death can be lethal sometimes. And obviously the big slams/special attacks the ydo, depending on the type.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info