[3.12] Double Strike / Flicker Assassin ~ League starter and ender! U-Elder and U-Atziri deathless!

levelling with frost blades in act 3 is absolutely horrendous damage w/ hatred and purity, any other alternatives?
"
seelroy6 wrote:
"
arnovds wrote:

Just because one persons next upgrade should be a ring doesn't mean it should be for everyone right? With this logic you're saying everyones next upgrade should be a ring? Or?

In general I'd say yes so long as you stuck to the guide well enough. Assassin's Mark definitely made the build feel better and I think is a solid investment, but if I'm looking at your character I'd point out your flasks and amulet are kind of weak, upgrading those would be good as well.

It really depends on your current wealth, a assassin's mark (garbage rolled) is probably going to cost 40-60c. Taste of Hate + Lion's Roar is gonna set ya back 45-55c. So it depends where you think your money is best put.

I was thinking amulet too trying to potentially jump to a very good one worthy of getting the expensive anoint on, gonna start looking

also what I was saying is that someone who had for instance just hit maps would probably be better off with other things than the curse ring whereas someone whos already got a bunch of upgrades might be at a point where the ring is the next best thing to look for. Kind of pointless (in my opinion) to blindly tell people next up should be the ring without any explanation for why it might be better than anything else especially if the person in question is trying to learn how to better evaluate these things
Last edited by arnovds on Mar 20, 2020, 12:59:48 PM
what would you guys say is the best leveling gem up until we can use flicker properly? im using frost blades atm,thinking to link it with ancestral call
"
Chinkyfam wrote:
levelling with frost blades in act 3 is absolutely horrendous damage w/ hatred and purity, any other alternatives?

"
Bakkkiii wrote:
what would you guys say is the best leveling gem up until we can use flicker properly? im using frost blades atm,thinking to link it with ancestral call

Frost Blades needs Call to be any good on packs. Multi - Ele damage - Call on a 4 link. Frost Blades is honestly the smoothest gameplay you will get until you switch to Flicker, which could be anywhere from 28 to 60. I switched to flicker at 45 this league. IF you can't make FB work, then you could do VDS with Call and Splash, with melee and multi ofc.
Last edited by roguemjb on Mar 20, 2020, 2:05:37 PM
"
arnovds wrote:
Spoiler
"
seelroy6 wrote:
"
arnovds wrote:

Just because one persons next upgrade should be a ring doesn't mean it should be for everyone right? With this logic you're saying everyones next upgrade should be a ring? Or?

In general I'd say yes so long as you stuck to the guide well enough. Assassin's Mark definitely made the build feel better and I think is a solid investment, but if I'm looking at your character I'd point out your flasks and amulet are kind of weak, upgrading those would be good as well.

It really depends on your current wealth, a assassin's mark (garbage rolled) is probably going to cost 40-60c. Taste of Hate + Lion's Roar is gonna set ya back 45-55c. So it depends where you think your money is best put.

I was thinking amulet too trying to potentially jump to a very good one worthy of getting the expensive anoint on, gonna start looking

also what I was saying is that someone who had for instance just hit maps would probably be better off with other things than the curse ring whereas someone whos already got a bunch of upgrades might be at a point where the ring is the next best thing to look for. Kind of pointless (in my opinion) to blindly tell people next up should be the ring without any explanation for why it might be better than anything else especially if the person in question is trying to learn how to better evaluate these things

It depends on your budget, which people rarely mention to me, and seeing your PoB is the best way to tell. Your amulet now is pretty damn nice. I recommend getting the ass mark ring sooner rather than later, because if you get too comfy with nice rings, then you will have to replace multiple pieces of gear to use your ass mark ring.
"
roguemjb wrote:
"
Chinkyfam wrote:

"
Bakkkiii wrote:

Frost Blades needs Call to be any good on packs. Multi - Ele damage - Call on a 4 link. Frost Blades is honestly the smoothest gameplay you will get until you switch to Flicker, which could be anywhere from 28 to 60. I switched to flicker at 45 this league. IF you can't make FB work, then you could do VDS with Call and Splash, with melee and multi ofc.

appreciate the response, i'll test a few of those out and see what's what
"
Chinkyfam wrote:
"
roguemjb wrote:
"
Chinkyfam wrote:

"
Bakkkiii wrote:

appreciate the response, i'll test a few of those out and see what's what

multistirke alone is a game changer for fb, thanks for the advice <3
Can you post a pob the links are not working for me
Can you post a pob the links are not working for me
Is it just me or this build is really fragile? Maybe i've done something wrong?
Otherwise, love riding the packs! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info