[3.12] Double Strike / Flicker Assassin ~ League starter and ender! U-Elder and U-Atziri deathless!

"
Holint_Casazr wrote:
Accuracy is a separate stat. You can gain it on your amulet, gloves, rings, there are also swords with it (though its usually better to get it on the other slots).

You can search for gloves with +300 or +400 to accuracy for example. Your banner adds a bit as well and precision also. The ice golem helps on top of that.

Best to use PoB to check your accuracy against various enemies or see the in game sheet (if I don't have my numbers wrong your are shooting for 3k - 3.5k accuracy for late game).

Ok, so next time I'll try to look at this stats. At this moment PoB shows 90% for Flicker and 100% accuracy for Double Strike but can't find value for Accuracy

"
Verdale wrote:
"
mefistofx wrote:

Bosses are somewhat more difficult without Vaal skills, as you can't just delete them instantaneously, but still doable with some finesse. Although I usually just hold onto my Vaal Skills for bosses, since it's not like I need them when everything else dies in a Flicker.

Thank you, I'll look into it.

I just bought cheapest ring with Assassin's Mark. Should I look for quality for my gems? And what's the priority?

Swords fromfilter below will be good investment?
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Delirium/JZaGR4OIl
"
Verdale wrote:
"
mefistofx wrote:
I will check your attack skill sequence with next boss, hope it works because now it's more active everything I have. But how do you deal with bosses with Vaal totem and the boys on cooldowns?

Here's some clips of this build in Metamorph doing a 3-second kill on Awakening 8 Drox and Al-Hezmin. Baran and Veritania also get deleted just as fast. Also note, this was only a couple weeks into the league with about 10ex or less gear investment, half of which was the 6L Belly and about 2 ex for each Foil. So totally achievable on a modest budget, with more investment just making it even more lul-tastic.

Bosses are somewhat more difficult without Vaal skills, as you can't just delete them instantaneously, but still doable with some finesse. Although I usually just hold onto my Vaal Skills for bosses, since it's not like I need them when everything else dies in a Flicker.

That was epic, thanks for posting! I've been meaning to make some clips of some boss kills this league, but was waiting to get into some t15s first.

And yes, make sure you have at least one vaal charge for bosses. Not ONLY for bosses, but when you know you're about to do a big boss, start saving them. On conquerors, you can do 1 Vaal charge on the map boss, next one on the conqueror, since VDS and VAWC both hold 2 charges. Don't blow pots on the map boss though.

Spoiler
"
mefistofx wrote:
"
Holint_Casazr wrote:
Accuracy is a separate stat. You can gain it on your amulet, gloves, rings, there are also swords with it (though its usually better to get it on the other slots).

You can search for gloves with +300 or +400 to accuracy for example. Your banner adds a bit as well and precision also. The ice golem helps on top of that.

Best to use PoB to check your accuracy against various enemies or see the in game sheet (if I don't have my numbers wrong your are shooting for 3k - 3.5k accuracy for late game).

Ok, so next time I'll try to look at this stats. At this moment PoB shows 90% for Flicker and 100% accuracy for Double Strike but can't find value for Accuracy

"
Verdale wrote:
"
mefistofx wrote:

Thank you, I'll look into it.

I just bought cheapest ring with Assassin's Mark. Should I look for quality for my gems? And what's the priority?

"
mefistofx wrote:

Don't even worry about your total accuracy stat itself, just get it to show 100% in PoB. Typically, a 400 acc roll on gloves and a 400 acc roll on just one ring is enough to completely solve acc problems.
Last edited by roguemjb on Mar 19, 2020, 2:41:05 PM
Great, thanks

Somehow I did wrong quote so let me ask again:

I just bought cheapest ring with Assassin's Mark. Should I look for quality for my gems now? And what's the priority?

"
mefistofx wrote:
Great, thanks

I just bought cheapest ring with Assassin's Mark. Should I look for quality for my gems now? And what's the priority?

I wouldn't worry about buying gems that are 21/23 or anything like that at this point. Just level them to 20, then vendor recipe them into a 20%. You will re-level them to a tolerable point very quickly and effortlessly just doing a few easy maps. You can also limit yourself to upgrading 1 or 2 at a time, so you don't tank a massive amount of damage all at once.

The filters for the swords look fine. Although if you are low on accuracy, maybe look for one with AR on it. Ultimately, you don't want to rely on weapons providing your AR, and should be allocated from other gear, but it can be used as a patchwork fix until you have enough currency to overhaul everything with shiny new upgrades. I have personally been stacking AR like crazy this league because it feels like my Golem dies every other second.
Last edited by Verdale on Mar 19, 2020, 3:43:08 PM
"
mefistofx wrote:
Great, thanks

QUALITY YOUR WEAPONS! That hurts to look at. And you definitely need accuracy on gear, get it on gloves for sure, and one ring. Also, it looks like you may not have max resists, keep that in mind when upgrading, get those to 75% asap, or you will have a rough time in maps. As far as gems, just pick up all the quality gems that drop and sell them to a vendor as close to the nearest 40% as possible to get GCPs, and get your gems to 20% one by one. It doesn't matter much which ones first, as I think they all have the same 10% increased damage at 20% anyway. Whether you quality your DS gems or flicker gems first is up to you.

Edit: Here's a better search for you. I added the 25% multi and reduced the pdps to 280. Feel free to increase the swords to 300 pdps if yours are already past that. The multi roll is essential. Later on in the league, you will change that multi requirement to 26%, to ensure that your swords have an explicit roll with multi as well.

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Delirium/oa2rpEwcl
Last edited by roguemjb on Mar 19, 2020, 4:32:19 PM
Spoiler
"
Verdale wrote:
"
mefistofx wrote:
Great, thanks

I wouldn't worry about buying gems that are 21/23 or anything like that at this point. Just level them to 20, then vendor recipe them into a 20%. You will re-level them to a tolerable point very quickly and effortlessly just doing a few easy maps. You can also limit yourself to upgrading 1 or 2 at a time, so you don't tank a massive amount of damage all at once.

The filters for the swords look fine. Although if you are low on accuracy, maybe look for one with AR on it. Ultimately, you don't want to rely on weapons providing your AR, and should be allocated from other gear, but it can be used as a patchwork fix until you have enough currency to overhaul everything with shiny new upgrades. I have personally been stacking AR like crazy this league because it feels like my Golem dies every other second.

I don't recommend searching for swords with an accuracy roll, in fact, I'd advise you to avoid it. The problem with getting weapons with either accuracy or any resist roll, besides costing a stat, is that now that weapon is even harder to replace later on. And you WILL want to replace it later on, and you don't want to be held back from it, or have to replace other pieces just to get a nicer weapon.
I've had no problem melting every boss but I'm having trouble not getting one or two shot by Izaro for Merciless lab... any tips ha?
"
markcham wrote:
I've had no problem melting every boss but I'm having trouble not getting one or two shot by Izaro for Merciless lab... any tips ha?

*Uber lab
"
markcham wrote:
"
markcham wrote:

*Uber lab

Don't get hit. That's the best advice. Most importantly, watch out for his big attacks, especially with his 2h hammer, he will charge this up for a couple seconds, allowing you to get out of the the way. Keep your totem up in this fight and leap around, not dpsing for too long.
"
roguemjb wrote:
"
markcham wrote:
"
markcham wrote:

*Uber lab

Don't get hit. That's the best advice. Most importantly, watch out for his big attacks, especially with his 2h hammer, he will charge this up for a couple seconds, allowing you to get out of the the way. Keep your totem up in this fight and leap around, not dpsing for too long.

Yeah I couldn't just mongo it so I actually had to manually dodge mechanics oh no. Also a de-curse flask helped a lot for that affix. Got it now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info