[3.8] Assassin Poisonator | Cobra Lash / Venom Gyre | All Content | Uber Elder Video |

I just wanted to come here and say thank you to OP for this guide. I am having so much fun. Venom Gyre is one of the most active and exciting skills to play - and its synergy with whirling blades is something I want to see GGG implement much, much more of as the game goes on. It reminds me of contagion/ED, which was an ingenious synergy in itself!

After playing Cyclone last league and Soulrend/Bane and Winter Orb in the league before, those just seemed like walk+autokill everything builds, where you just... didn't have to do much at all. But this?!? I'm zipping around the map, aiming, slicing, poisoning, whirling, dodging, covering them in plague, backstabbing and... actually PLAYING a game! Can you believe it?! That's the draw for this build, to be completely honest.

If you want an active, skill-based play-style, that's not just "hold right-click to kill everything", then for anyone reading this and wondering - this build is for you!

OP, you made my leveling to 81 so far, a total breeze. It was the smoothest leveling experience in all my years of PoE. I died one time (before the Shavronne fight and her stupid lightning, lol) and made it through the base-game in my personal record time.

Now, breezing through Tier 6 and 7 maps. Just when I got the 6exa needed to buy Fenumus's Weave, it went up to 8exa. Dang it. Really looking forward to chasing those gloves as the price goes up! But a double-abyssal-gem Bubonic Trail just dropped for me, so I'm hoping to get 1.3 from that :D

Anyway, the point is: Super fun. Melting everything, beating every blight, destroying bosses with Plague Bearer, and getting some good drops! Also fills me with delight every time a timeless monolith is on a map! Great league, and special thanks to OP!

I just bought this, multi mod and gg.
Hi, do any of u have tips (maybe items) for early game. i feel my damage is not that high. Again i know im very early. Just hoping to smooth out the leveling progress. Thanks!
Anyone know any good oils to put on the amulet? I know there's +1 curse for endgame, but other budget ones would be pretty good.
"
Forum_dude wrote:
Anyone know any good oils to put on the amulet? I know there's +1 curse for endgame, but other budget ones would be pretty good.

I went with Solidity (Clear Oil / Verdant Oil / Teal Oil)

20% increased Attack Damage while holding a Shield
+8% Elemental Resistances while holding a Shield
Attack Skills deal 20% increased Damage with Ailments while holding a Shield
+3% Chance to Block Attack Damage while holding a Shield

Super cheap, offensive and defensive benefits, everything is useful.

Midrange, I think probably Corruption (Crimson Oil / Black Oil / Black Oil)

15% increased Damage over Time
+10% to Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier
15% increased Chaos Damage
Last edited by nEgativezEro89 on Sep 10, 2019, 3:37:07 PM
anyone here who killed shaper already with this build?
"
Forum_dude wrote:

I currently use Spirit Void (3 x Verdant Oil) for extra mana leech, helps a lot and is pretty cheap.
Aggressive Bastion seems to be pretty interesting, a bit more expensive.

Really fun build, I enjoy it. Currently rocking yellow maps, not sure how survivability will be on red maps but damage should not be the problem.

Thinking about switching out Temporal Chains Aura against Malevolence + Despair from Witchfire because Despair would further increase Plague Bearer damage. TC has some defensive value tho.
Last edited by Laxxus on Sep 10, 2019, 3:44:28 PM
"

I take Reflexes for now (to build up Accuracy), really cheap one.

Black Oil / Verdant Oil / Amber Oil

30% increased Evasion Rating
+150 to Evasion Rating
15% increased Global Accuracy Rating
+150 to Accuracy Rating

"
Thinking about switching out Temporal Chains Aura against Malevolence + Despair from Witchfire because Despair would further increase Plague Bearer damage. TC has some defensive value tho.

Temporal Chains is a practical must be, I wouldn't exchange it for anything, after all, let's not forget that Despair loses a lot on bosses and we don't need more damage for trash right. After that, the extended poison from Chains helps a lot on Blight maps. By the way, I was able to do a T5 solo, it wasn't easy, but I did it (except that one path got bugged and invisible mobs at the end but the egg survived to the end), I wanted to record but couldn't do it, even though I have a good computer I had maybe 10 fps, lot of time, little pleasure and loot was terribly meh, overall it was not great at all.
Malevolence has terribly weak numbers, it's not worth losing so much mana on it, Chains > any other aura for this build.

Today I bought Solstice Vigil as an additional Aura, I turned on Skitterbots (35%) and I am incredibly surprised that every mob is Shock, which is amazing for our build. It is possible that this is even a better option than Despair :O Of course, you can have everything on endgame, because +1 Curse (despair on hit from ring), and Skitterbots :)

Update* Cleared T9 like a hot knife thru butta. Bosses melt as well.

I know there's tons of room for improvement.
Last edited by crabbattler on Sep 10, 2019, 6:08:58 PM
Missed my chance on Fenumus Weave! They were ~1 EX this morning and now are 5-6 EX. Looks like someone bought a bunch of them and is flipping it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info