[3.8] Assassin Poisonator | Cobra Lash / Venom Gyre | All Content | Uber Elder Video |

"
loczek123 wrote:
You can also temporarily add an Acuity wheel in the tree for low accuracy, later Yriel's Fostering chest should solve this problem. And Precision at a higher level. I have no mana problems myself, I have Aspect of Spider 25%, Temporal Chains 35% and Precision on 5 lvl. 97% hit chance and planning to go higher with precision.

hmm for hanging around at lv 60-70 what do you suggest aura wise? i am using HoA only (60%)

the gameplay is basically turn on auras, use Plague Bearer on unique/ boss and use Withering steps on crowd right?
"
Bracks_ZA wrote:
venom gyre always crashes my game! What a waste of a league start!

Have you tried putting networking mode on Lockstep? Decreased your graphics settings, or update Nvidia Geforce? I had the same problem but it was completely fixed after putting it on Lockstep mode. I haven't crashed since then. Although, my fps can't keep up with everything that's going on but I don't think it's the skill's fault. I'm running on GTX 1050, but I might buy SSD just so my fps could keep up.

Also! Just wanted to say, AMAZING build! I've tried your lacerate build last league and had tons of fun playing with it but I'm having more fun with this one. Plus, it's my first time trying a poison build and I'm not disappointed! Great job!
Last edited by Aevari on Sep 9, 2019, 4:16:50 PM
So I wanted to add since it seems often asked. I actually have the pierce node AND chain with my venom gyre. The clearspeed just feels so much better with those. bosses take a bit longer (maybe 10 seconds instead of 7 lol) but with plaguebearer everything goes alot smoother.

ALso I think a 6link is very important to have on this build. It needs a bit of investment before you start seeing alot of damage. Then again I play HC so I think you can even get this rolling alot faster on SC.

Also taking 20% projectile speed is alot of qol aswell specially for blight encounters.

If you have trouble with acc taking Acuity and lvl 1 precision, it should be fixed alrdy

Anyway OP thanks for the amazing guide. You put a lot of effort in this thread and the build. This is really something I enjoy playing since you can keep upgrading small parts of it and get more and more damage. Now I just hope I dont rip on red maps :D
Hmm Vengeant Cascade node will make Cobra Lash work same way like Venom Gyre? It can be try too :)

I have a technical question, Withered debuff takes 2 seconds by default, thanks to Temporal Chains is 2.8 second, Withered Step has a cooldown 2.4 second, will the next use of the skill on the same mob increase the number of Wither stacks? So that by spamming Withered Step we can reach a maximum of 15 stacks? I think Yes, but im not sure at all.

Another question, did anyone try to use two Plague Bearer? I'm at work on a night shift and it's probably too quiet lol
Last edited by loczek123 on Sep 9, 2019, 5:46:09 PM
I cant decide which is better Venom Gyre or Cobra Lash. Switched few times but cant tell. It feels like the single hit from VG is stronger. But we dont have +4 chain which makes it maybe slower clear speed. Atm im running VG+GMP+Added chaos+Vile Toxins+Deadly Ailments. Im using gloomfang for +1 chain and i just removed pierce node from my tree.
here u can see my gear https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Joleco/characters

Same as many many other builds. In low level maps its great, but now im entering t9-t10 maps and start feeling weak. Any advices? I was using rare amu + pierce for Venom Gyre. Now i put gloomfang but still meh. Tried Cobra but I dont like its mechanic and its worse for bosses.

Idk what to do. I dont think that can do t15-t16 with this shit. Sure im missing 6link but dont think it will solve my problems. Dmg feels meh overall. Im thinking about respec to totaly different build/skill if i cant triple my dmg.
Sure Plague helps sometime single target but i dont like relying on such things, cos on shaper or other end game u dont have it most of the time.
guys try leveling with icefang orbit, it feels so great!!!!!
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Icefang_Orbit

also i have a question, what do you think abour badge of the brotherhood to endgame purpouses? or what do you need to make it viable? https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Badge_of_the_Brotherhood
"
Atm im running VG+GMP+Added chaos+Vile Toxins+Deadly Ailments. Im using gloomfang for +1 chain and i just removed pierce node from my tree.

Pierce is a must-have for Venom Gyre. If there is no Pierce, all the strength of this skill is left out. Pierce causes Venom to put two Poison stack on the target with one projectile. Projectile first passes through him, inflicting a hit and then coming back and inflicting hit again. If there is no Pierce projectile after hitting comes back and eventually hits something that gets in the way but not the one that hit first.

"
Idk what to do. I dont think that can do t15-t16 with this shit. Sure im missing 6link but dont think it will solve my problems. Dmg feels meh overall. Im thinking about respec to totaly different build/skill if i cant triple my dmg.

And I'm pretty sure all content can be done with it. Of course, there is no doubt that this is not the fastest build but certainly does not stop at T10. Anyway, a lot of people already use it in red maps about what they wrote here and have no problems. So either you have too high expectations (too many streams) or you are doing something wrong.

"
Sure Plague helps sometime single target but i dont like relying on such things, cos on shaper or other end game u dont have it most of the time.

Plague Bearer is not a Vaal skill, so why not have him on the boss? Plague Bearer can be used all the time reaching the cap is quite easy and should be used all the time. Well, unless there is a problem here and you don't want to click the buttons?

EDIT: I check your profile and WTF MAN, YOU GO PATHFINDER, this is Assassin build it will never work on non Assassin.
Last edited by loczek123 on Sep 9, 2019, 7:36:36 PM
So you sayin Cobra Lash / Venom Gyre wont be good cos im Pathfinder?
Any consensus on what type of non-unique flasks are necessary, outside of a life and bleed immune flask? Is it still Sulfur and Silver as listed in the PoB?
"
Joleco wrote:
So you sayin Cobra Lash / Venom Gyre wont be good cos im Pathfinder?

I do not know, you can probably do something, but certainly not such a setup, here a lot is based on Assassin. All the fun with Crit and Crit multi to something that is very important "5% increased Poison Duration for each Poison you have inflicted Recently Recover 0.5% of Life per Poison affecting Enemies you Kill" - Personally, I think you can't make a good pure poison build without this node, hybrid yes but not pure poison. this is a build entirely based on Assassin, will never be at a similar level on any other character.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info