[3.8] Assassin Poisonator | Cobra Lash / Venom Gyre | All Content | Uber Elder Video |

Why become i the eluise buff not? I have skilled Mistwalker but the buff is not comming in fight why ?
OK, I reached lvl 83 early Sunday and basically gave up at this point, the damage is very lackluster (and the survivability is worse) even with reasonable for very early league investments.

Sold my gear for about 100+ chaos and re-rolled with Necromancer SRS, and I can tell you, the difference is amazing.

At lvl 67, in leveling gear I was able to destroy T9 maps without any problems at all, which was impossible on my Poisonator Assassin at all, even at lvl 83.

After all this trouble with Assassin the current Necromancer character feels like cheating, the results are much, MUCH better with less effort and basically no investment in gear at all (just Tabula, that I farmed myself on Assassin character).

I will be keeping an eye on this thread though... Maybe this poison build is just not very strong as league starter but will be good later on, with great investment and gear. But then again, with great investment and gear everything should be good, or at least decent.

I also noticed that at least 3 streamers that started with poison assassin build have also broke down and rerolled, being disappointed in poison so far.
Tried the build on standard. Damage was nice with a wasp's nest but i wonder how should i finish this claw.

Last edited by driwee on Sep 9, 2019, 11:35:08 AM
I like the build, it really gets going once you have some crit and when you use Plague Bearer. It's not too hard to reach 5K+ hp, even with 150+% inc life from tree.

When it comes to PoB, I'm having a hard time to decide when a rare claw is better than my current Wasp Nest or not... How to calculate when you create a "custom item" in PoB? I understand that the mod "60% chance for Poisons inflicted with this Weapon to deal 100% more Damage" is major here, but it doesn't seem to show any difference in PoB.
"
can't easily get a 'Can have an Additional Curse' anywhere until risky corruptions of a Shaper's Amulet?

Get the Whispers of Doom notable with Oils on Amulet?
Last edited by Tadian on Sep 9, 2019, 4:13:42 AM
"
Gloggy wrote:
OK, I reached lvl 83 early Sunday and basically gave up at this point, the damage is very lackluster (and the survivability is worse) even with reasonable for very early league investments.

Sold my gear for about 100+ chaos and re-rolled with Necromancer SRS, and I can tell you, the difference is amazing.

At lvl 67, in leveling gear I was able to destroy T9 maps without any problems at all, which was impossible on my Poisonator Assassin at all, even at lvl 83.

After all this trouble with Assassin the current Necromancer character feels like cheating, the results are much, MUCH better with less effort and basically no investment in gear at all (just Tabula, that I farmed myself on Assassin character).

I will be keeping an eye on this thread though... Maybe this poison build is just not very strong as league starter but will be good later on, with great investment and gear. But then again, with great investment and gear everything should be good, or at least decent.

I also noticed that at least 3 streamers that started with poison assassin build have also broke down and rerolled, being disappointed in poison so far.

Can u give me the SRS build of that or the pastebin of it? :)
"
Gloggy wrote:

No, just poison build is not for everyone. You are one of many people who do not like this playstyle and nothing will change in this matter. That's the way it is, from the first post here I knew you wouldn't play this build for long, that's how it is with poison. People rushed to poison in this league because he got nice things but the playstyle is the same as it used to be, slightly delayed for this Poison requires very careful selection of items.
"
Kunibertos wrote:

Can u give me the SRS build of that or the pastebin of it? :)

I went with Zizaran's SRS/Bees Necromancer guide: https://youtu.be/V4mj0cQUXBQ

But it doesn't really matter. You can use Skeletons instead of SRS, the zombies on their own are very good and strong this time, and can be very aggressive. Plus, the amount of minion damage from the tree and ascendancy is basically carrying any necromancer build without much gear. Which is perfect for league start.

I still hope to eventually develop my assassin character once I get lots of currency to buy very good weapons and jewels. :)

But for the league starter, any necromancer build is much better hands down.
So far i'm happy with build, burst is on with Wasp nest and Embalmber. Using atm Dendrobate 5l, but building my currency for Yriel or Cherr not sure which one is better but for far i'm going after Yriel it might be better in long run by looks of it. Venom + Gyre is great combo, through acts i had a blast of fun, now doing casualy maps, still is a fun. Never played a poison build, this one is my starter also and don't know why pepole complain.

Maybe stop watch streamers and play a game? Poison Assassin was never designed to be Perpetuum mobile, if u want "glorious" build ye necro,golem,totem build is top tier for league beacuse it's tower defense so not a shocking news. Just play a game build a proper gear and poison them to death.
Last edited by AtGoddd on Sep 9, 2019, 5:41:22 AM
"
loczek123 wrote:
"
Gloggy wrote:

No, just poison build is not for everyone. You are one of many people who do not like this playstyle and nothing will change in this matter. That's the way it is, from the first post here I knew you wouldn't play this build for long, that's how it is with poison. People rushed to poison in this league because he got nice things but the playstyle is the same as it used to be, slightly delayed for this Poison requires very careful selection of items.

I just wonder what's exactly not for everyone about poison builds? You keep saying that to people but i dont understand properly. Nothing specific thing about them tho, you hit and put poison on them, simply like any other attack skills. I dont think it's like any different mechanics like summoners, totemers, even RF is not for everyone tho. I'm just trying to say the build looked weak when you compare with other metas.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info