[3.8] Assassin Poisonator | Cobra Lash / Venom Gyre | All Content | Uber Elder Video |

"
iwonderwice wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
iwonderwice wrote:
Still thinking about pathfinder's prolif.

Not sure about AOE in general.

You think 5 projectiles at 7 APS, aka 35 projectiles per second, that each chain 5, probably 6 times at gem level 21 might not be enough AOE clear? :D

I mean, PF is always an option, but after the Assassin changes, the weaker one. At least if you look just at the damage. But it brings other bonuses to the table, if you are ok with the relatively big DPS loss.

ye, there like 30% dps difference. This mean the gearless char will struggle early on. And yeah - chains should fullfil the aoe clear. Lez see how it goes much later on.

Yep. But from the info we have it is save to be confident that this build will easily and quickly clear everything up to and including Shaper while being easy and comfortable to level. That's all most people want from their starter build.

The really fine tuned speed clearer or boss killer builds are most often for second, third or fourth chars of the league.
Last edited by Mecielle on Sep 6, 2019, 7:15:32 AM
Indeed, will run this as starter, then swap to the lvl 32 BV later once i get the daggers. atleast that's my plan
"
Mecielle wrote:

Yep. But from the info we have it is save to be confident that this build will easily and quickly clear everything up to and including Shaper while being easy and comfortable to level. That's all most people want from their starter build.

The really fine tuned speed clearer or boss killer builds are most often for second, third or fourth chars of the league.

nah, u can do it at once actually. Dont like to lvl more then 1 char a league, especially for the first two month of the league.
I just trying to find the golden mean.
1) Good starting position
2) Not struggling during lvling
3) Good clear at budged, superb with investmensts.
These are my points whenever I start new league.
"
Eadles wrote:
Just began playing a few weeks ago, and I am excited for Pestilent Strike and will be making my first build for league start with it.Planning on using Daggers over Claws, since the change to remove caster mods from daggers (and an Assassin without 2 blades brings shame upon their family) :P

Dual Taproots was still around 3M dps with poisons, and those are quite cheap and easy to find early game and should do well enough to get the build sufficiently into maps and delves before fossil crafting Ambushers for the "poisons inflicted to deal 100% more damage" mods. Mathil made a video of a VS Pathfinder and said that editing weapons in PoB to have 60% increased Poison Damage is a fair simulation for the mod, since it isn't actually calculated in PoB.

Here is the pastebin link: https://pastebin.com/7R6EaeZs
(My first build and first time to export/link one so if it doesn't work sorry).

Just quickly thrown together gear, and simulated using Viper Strike. It seems after much tinkering with passives, that Perfect Agony is unnecessary (as well as not calculated in PoB when I was picking it). Coralito's is plenty nuff. 13k Evasion, just over 5k life, and mistwalk (no gems so expect to replace something in the links with Withering Step) seems to be quite tanky, even without the added LGoH with claws. I also found that %damage with Daggers, attack speed with daggers, and Crit nodes take the build much higher damage wise than trying to maximize damage over time/chaos damage. Not to say that those don't do anything for the build, but to exponentially scale damage, attack speed and flat %damage do the most in PoB. At least in PoB the %damage with Dagger nodes flat increase the poison damage from Viper Strike.

Any feedback is highly encouraged and appreciated.

Pick Twin Terrors instead of Nightstalke. Also pick assassination near of Trickery. This will be improve your damage for 400.000
Then left alone Acrobatics and pick Ambidextery. This changes leaves your tree with 6.3m dps
Huh, when I slept it came 4 pages :)

@Reflect, I played Poison many times and from what I remember it LgoH did the trick, our HIT damage will be very low, our Crit chance will be very high (If we go to Opportunistic) to 25% of Phanteon we should do Physical Reflect without any problem.

@lvling, I personally never have any checklist or path I follow as lvling, I always do it differently especially at the start of the league,

@will build do well at a later stage, early maps etc.? In the first post there is a video from 3.7 when I do T13 on level 71. Now think about how much boost Assasin and Poison got, add the fact that the skills we will be using are dedicated to Poison, the number of Stacks will be much higher (Well Cyclon was not created for that) so it will definitely be much better :)

@Item prices for poison will definitely increase (hey in 3.7 I bought a ready 6link Dendrobate with max statistics for 40c) but I think Poison is alot less interest than mines and minions which in my opinion ignite the most people. It also depends a lot on what the biggest streamers will start playing at start, Because many players play same build that Streamers.

@More topics with Poison Builds have started appearing and more and more PoB here, some are very similar to this and one thing I wonder about. Are people really so focused on PoB numbers? Maybe I should also type a lot more Poison Stacks in the configuration and add some non-existent item that instead of statistics will have "things that are added but do not work in PoB" then change the skill to the strongest possible to enlarge numbers, really this number of DPS in PoB is so important? :) With three clicks I can make 14 million DMG in PoB (changing the skill to VP and adding more stacks) but I am terribly annoyed by this boosting and advertising builds by DPS number. Even my previous builds, I never advertise builds by numbers and "3244632 milions DPS" in the topic name and virtually build cleans all content often with more success than such advertised builds advertised by numbers.

Last edited by loczek123 on Sep 6, 2019, 8:37:59 AM
What do you think about dedicating one 4l to a proper Herald of Agony setup? It could boost both our clearspeed and boss damage nicely. I was thinking HoA - Minion Damage - Damage on Full Life - Vile Toxins version, or something similar.

I don't like having too many things I have to setup for boss fights, so I could easily drop Ancestral Protector, you already've mentioned having HoA in Temp Chains-Blasphemy & Precision item, we'd put Withering Step there, we can move Blood Rage to the last empty slot of CWDT-Storm Brand-Power on Crit.

Just a thought.

Also thanks for making this guide, I was looking for something just like this. Only thing that's left is just to pray Mathil doesn't pick it up as a starter suggestion, or we might not be able to buy them Wasps Nests.

pozdro600 ;)
I think most frustrating thing for me is just not knowing how the skill gems pan out in PoB yet.

From experience, when does PoB usually update their gems relative to the start of the league?

Thoughts on taking Opportunistic over Ambush and Assassinate?
"
jrockenstein wrote:
I think most frustrating thing for me is just not knowing how the skill gems pan out in PoB yet.

From experience, when does PoB usually update their gems relative to the start of the league?

Usually 2-5 days into league unfortunately
"

Generally the day after League start. WE should get the numbers tomorrow

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info