[3.8] Assassin Poisonator | Cobra Lash / Venom Gyre | All Content | Uber Elder Video |

Will be using your build,never played poison build before, looking forward to it!
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
Projecttsok wrote:
How can we get the Vengeant Cascade node? looks great with Cobra Lash

Amber Oil Golden Oil Golden Oil Vengeant Cascade

Amulet enchantment from the league mechanic. Could be a fun mechanic, but should not beat getting Whispers of Doom instead, which uses two golden oils too, so is as hard/expensive to get, but instead of having returning projectiles we can use Despair as our second curse, boosting our damage by straight up 40-50%.

On another note, I finally decided that I will be going dual wield. I just really prefer my poisons to stack faster and to whirl around faster. And the attack speed bonus is huge.

And even without going dual wield I would suggest to get rid of a few passives in Shadow area.

Ressourcefulness, Lethal Assault and Coldhearted Calculation really don't do enough to warrant the amount of passives (5) to get them, at least in my opinion. I spent those points on dual wield nodes for some block chance, attack speed and damage. But if you prefer shields you can as well spend them on shield nodes for more DPS and defense.

Also replaced Maligaros Cruelty with a very mediocre rare amulet. Gained damage and life. I know OP only put Maligaros Cruelty there as a placeholder, but even a rare amulet with only three tier 3 affixes, which will be dirt cheap even in the beginning, easily beats it.

Here is my level 95 PoB if anyone is interested:

https://pastebin.com/wMEkJqWz

And just as OP said, don't put too much weight on the comparably low DPS. 1.8m DPS is not where the build will end up at. It will be much higher. PoB just doesn't have everything included yet. And we aren't using corroded fossil crafted claws in the PoB either. And the PoB is not using Herald of Agonny for some reason...

Will be interesting to see if 4500-5000 life will be enough to get by with the other defensive mechanics. But hey, I play softcore anyway ;)

What about nightblade support? What gems is most important after we get cobra lesh?
BzyxXx

SURSUM CORDA 4 LIFE
"
BzyxXx wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
Projecttsok wrote:
How can we get the Vengeant Cascade node? looks great with Cobra Lash

Amber Oil Golden Oil Golden Oil Vengeant Cascade

Amulet enchantment from the league mechanic. Could be a fun mechanic, but should not beat getting Whispers of Doom instead, which uses two golden oils too, so is as hard/expensive to get, but instead of having returning projectiles we can use Despair as our second curse, boosting our damage by straight up 40-50%.

On another note, I finally decided that I will be going dual wield. I just really prefer my poisons to stack faster and to whirl around faster. And the attack speed bonus is huge.

And even without going dual wield I would suggest to get rid of a few passives in Shadow area.

Ressourcefulness, Lethal Assault and Coldhearted Calculation really don't do enough to warrant the amount of passives (5) to get them, at least in my opinion. I spent those points on dual wield nodes for some block chance, attack speed and damage. But if you prefer shields you can as well spend them on shield nodes for more DPS and defense.

Also replaced Maligaros Cruelty with a very mediocre rare amulet. Gained damage and life. I know OP only put Maligaros Cruelty there as a placeholder, but even a rare amulet with only three tier 3 affixes, which will be dirt cheap even in the beginning, easily beats it.

Here is my level 95 PoB if anyone is interested:

https://pastebin.com/wMEkJqWz

And just as OP said, don't put too much weight on the comparably low DPS. 1.8m DPS is not where the build will end up at. It will be much higher. PoB just doesn't have everything included yet. And we aren't using corroded fossil crafted claws in the PoB either. And the PoB is not using Herald of Agonny for some reason...

Will be interesting to see if 4500-5000 life will be enough to get by with the other defensive mechanics. But hey, I play softcore anyway ;)

What about nightblade support? What gems is most important after we get cobra lesh?

Look at the opening post. Also, PoB does not have the new gems, so we can't test them yet.
What do you think about pestilent strike btw? It seems like viper strike with pathfinder proliferation to me. Will assassin pestilent strike be better than pf viper strike?
Still thinking about pathfinder's prolif.

Not sure about AOE in general.
Hello all,

I'm kinda new with theorycrafting stuff but changed the tree some with ideas of your posts.

Here it is pastebin : https://pastebin.com/bLkyeDMK

Dropped dire torment which i dont think its worth for 5 point
Also coldhearted calculation, lethal assualt, resourcefulness looked no good for another 5 point, Method to the madness looked so strong etc etc. Instead of ranger's beginning , i think going below is more beneficial by my calculation.

I know i dropped hps much but im going to play SC and i wont mind to dying that much. Due to respect please tell my mistakes. Thanks for build again!

"
iwonderwice wrote:

You think 5 projectiles at 7 APS, aka 35 projectiles per second, that each chain 5, probably 6 times at gem level 21 might not be enough AOE clear? :D

I mean, PF is always an option, but after the Assassin changes, the weaker one. At least if you look just at the damage. But it brings other bonuses to the table, if you are ok with the relatively big DPS loss.
Last edited by Mecielle on Sep 6, 2019, 6:58:51 AM
I am really looking forward to play your build, please can you update it before league starts today with gems info!
"

I am really looking forward to play your build, please can you update it before league starts today with gems info!

Gem Info won't be implemented before League start. The Developer says so at reddit
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
iwonderwice wrote:

You think 5 projectiles at 7 APS, aka 35 projectiles per second, that each chain 5, probably 6 times at gem level 21 might not be enough AOE clear? :D

I mean, PF is always an option, but after the Assassin changes, the weaker one. At least if you look just at the damage. But it brings other bonuses to the table, if you are ok with the relatively big DPS loss.

ye, there like 30% dps difference. This mean the gearless char will struggle early on. And yeah - chains should fullfil the aoe clear. Lez see how it goes much later on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info