[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

Regarding step 13 of the BIS Maraketh bow:

Is it guaranteed to get +1 to socketed support gems? It seems to me it could also roll one of the many less desirable non-attack suffixes at that point in the craft.
Yeah every thing is 3-4x more expensive green nightmare jewel is 18ex watchers eyes is 15-20, burtal restrain is 9-12ex

Meanwhile I'm unsure if this is a budget build so far for 3 ex I've reached red maps(which is pretty good for my first time on poe). The breach ring is because it takes a couple hours to search market for rings. My res are capped 75 most (90%s n 100%)
This is my first build ive used and I don't want to give up just console prices deter me :(

Can u tell me how you experience is after red maps. Did u craft the 5ex bow first? Or straight to 10ex

Lastly can this build function without those high cost jewels for awhile while I farm t15-16s for currency. Would u say our clear speed n bossing is slow. Friend laughed at me saying ha ur aiming for only 2m dps? My build will be 30m.

Thanks for all responses really enjoying it. Because of u my poe experience was enjoyable.
"
T3tra wrote:
Regarding step 13 of the BIS Maraketh bow:

Is it guaranteed to get +1 to socketed support gems? It seems to me it could also roll one of the many less desirable non-attack suffixes at that point in the craft.

chaos multi, multimod and cannot roll attack modifiers are all suffixes. At this point of the craft, the bow has 3 suffixes. This is why we use the multimod.
It is a guaranteed slam as of 3.9 metamorph patch.
"
BabyTempest wrote:
Yeah every thing is 3-4x more expensive green nightmare jewel is 18ex watchers eyes is 15-20, burtal restrain is 9-12ex

Meanwhile I'm unsure if this is a budget build so far for 3 ex I've reached red maps(which is pretty good for my first time on poe). The breach ring is because it takes a couple hours to search market for rings. My res are capped 75 most (90%s n 100%)
This is my first build ive used and I don't want to give up just console prices deter me :(

Can u tell me how you experience is after red maps. Did u craft the 5ex bow first? Or straight to 10ex

Lastly can this build function without those high cost jewels for awhile while I farm t15-16s for currency. Would u say our clear speed n bossing is slow. Friend laughed at me saying ha ur aiming for only 2m dps? My build will be 30m.

Thanks for all responses really enjoying it. Because of u my poe experience was enjoyable.

To be completely honest, I wouldn't follow my own guide if I was on console.
The items I'm recommending are somewhat difficult to acquire in SSF like (console) situations. The build feels slow without the proper investment in late red maps, and guardians are hard with only a cane of unraveling. I'm not saying it doesn't work, I know people playing very similar setup in ssf. But it's not the easyest.

Now for damage. This is meant to be a tanky setup. 7.5k ehp, 75% dodge, 3k effective regen/sec, and many other mitigation sources.
2M dps is perfectly enough to clear all content in the game, including deep delve bosses and uber elder.
At my current setup, I kill t16 metamorphs in <5 seconds with vaal blight. The current trend (and it's been like that for years now) in poe is to only care about one stat in your character sheet: dps. While most of the new bosses favorise a full damage setup, I am much more comfortable in my tanky character, carrying 3man hp Sirus on the last portal. Everything isn't only damage, there's actually other stats in the game! :o
While ED has "low" damage and is kinda capped, it's more than enough. There's no point in killing bosses five second faster, you'll still be waiting the same shitty transition times and it'll still overall be the same. That said on console... I hope you do reach ~2M dps, because at 400k you'll certainly struggle.

Good luck!
Regarding the +2 socket unveil from catarina, is it possible to buy unveiled bows from her and pick up the enchant that way? Or is it super common to drop from her?

I'm keen to fully craft the bow myself and just need this enchant to do so, but worried it could take days to get the enchant just by doing one catarina a day and hoping for a drop. (also is it the type of unveil you only have to see once to learn? Or do you need to unveil it a few times?)
"
Shaddolf wrote:
Regarding the +2 socket unveil from catarina, is it possible to buy unveiled bows from her and pick up the enchant that way? Or is it super common to drop from her?

I'm keen to fully craft the bow myself and just need this enchant to do so, but worried it could take days to get the enchant just by doing one catarina a day and hoping for a drop. (also is it the type of unveil you only have to see once to learn? Or do you need to unveil it a few times?)
You can definitely buy items with "Catarina's veiled" property (type that in the search filter on the official trade website), they need to NOT be unveiled, i.e. the mod is still hidden, and it's RNG to discover (you can buy Catarina item and it won't have that mod), you also need high ilvl items (75+ afaik) to get rank 2 otherwise it only unveils +1 to support gems.

Edit: ofc buy only the weapons, not the flasks or w/e else she drops, that mod exists only on weapons afaik.

I don't know how much it costs now, in legion when ED was the jazz it cost 1-2ex of buying the items to unlock it, you can also buy bench crafting service but with so many scammers roaming around you need to be very careful who you trust with your items and currency.
Last edited by Viktranka on Jan 10, 2020, 6:37:54 PM
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
Shaddolf wrote:

You can definitely buy items with "Catarina's veiled" property (type that in the search filter on the official trade website), they need to NOT be unveiled, i.e. the mod is still hidden, and it's RNG to discover (you can buy Catarina item and it won't have that mod), you also need high ilvl items (75+ afaik) to get rank 2 otherwise it only unveils +1 to support gems.

Edit: ofc buy only the weapons, not the flasks or w/e else she drops, that mod exists only on weapons afaik.

I don't know how much it costs now, in legion when ED was the jazz it cost 1-2ex of buying the items to unlock it, you can also buy bench crafting service but with so many scammers roaming around you need to be very careful who you trust with your items and currency.

In blight i bought unique catarina's veiled shield for 10c, and unlocked +2 support in one go ;)

1-2 ex? Really? Was i just megalucky, or prices in legion were so different from the legion?
"
Med1umentor wrote:

1-2 ex? Really? Was i just megalucky, or prices in legion were so different from the legion?

Eh I got impatient and just went on the forum and found a crafter with 135 pages of vouches. All done!

Crafting it was relatively painless. I was kicking myself during the alt spam phase as I was clicking a bit fast and overshot one, then taking another 400 alts to see the correct roll again.

Took only 200 jewels to get the correct colours and only 150 or so fusing to 6link.

Was VERY lucky with annulments - I annulled the second mod on the magic item, regalled only adding one mod and then anulled it first try too.

I'm not sure what to go for now. Probably rings and amulets. My gloves aren't great either, might have to save up for another multimod one as most of the dmg over time gloves listed for sale are terrible or overpriced. Oh also a conquerors orb to finish the bow.

Bought an awakened void manip gem as it was only 55c, want to buy a swift affliction one too. Their value has almost halved overnight with the sirus fix meaning more kills, so will just wait a bit on that one.

Oh and one question regarding skill points - I hit lvl94 so with the extra point I went around the right side of Growth and Decay instead of the left side. This gives me 24% increased DoT instead of 0.6% life regen. Think that was the best choice?
Last edited by Shaddolf on Jan 10, 2020, 9:00:39 PM
"
Med1umentor wrote:

In legion, a weapon was 30c, and you needed to unveil the mod 3-4 times (it's about 50% unveil chance, more or less).
In blight and metamorph you only need to unveil one or 2, and a try only costs 10c.

"
Shaddolf wrote:

Was VERY lucky with annulments - I annulled the second mod on the magic item, regalled only adding one mod and then anulled it first try too.

(...)
Oh and one question regarding skill points - I hit lvl94 so with the extra point I went around the right side of Growth and Decay instead of the left side. This gives me 24% increased DoT instead of 0.6% life regen. Think that was the best choice?

Damn, that's a lucky craft there!
And imo no, 24% damage isn't worth a skill point, especially if we loose 0.6% regen for it. Even trickery would be a better pick.
You should probably buy a brutal restraint and spend the point on PA for wind dancer imo.

Made a helm btw.

The helm was around 14ex to craft, and the enlighten it needs is 7ex. So 21ex total to upgrade from the vertex. Gives slightly more ES, slightly less eva (10% less total), but a whooping 22% more damage compared to my previous setup (I wasen't using spider).
Pog.
"
Shaddolf wrote:
Eh I got impatient and just went on the forum and found a crafter with 135 pages of vouches. All done!
Glad you found a trustworthy crafter!

"
Darkxellmc wrote:
In legion, a weapon was 30c, and you needed to unveil the mod 3-4 times (it's about 50% unveil chance, more or less).
In blight and metamorph you only need to unveil one or 2, and a try only costs 10c.
Yeah, I don't know what happened but prices on veiled items dropped in blight, I remember selling Elreon's veiled rings in Legion for 40c and in Blight they were worth next to nothing. Good to know it stayed the same in 3.9. Did they make it much easier to unlock stuff and that's why?

It used to be half the items didn't have the special mods you were fishing for and the other half unlocked only small portion of the bar and often had multiple ranks to unlock. Didn't know it was reworked.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info